You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Why does it have to have an ulterior meaning if we drop him?

So what if he's the son of Liverpool? I thought this was a football club and not a popularity contest?

I think this will come as a shock to Brendan Rodgers, who may now have to leave Assaidi on the bench for Man City and start Cilla Black instead.

Another cunt, crawling out of the woodwork like the rest of the parasitic invertebrates. God Almighty, so glad I'm on holiday. What a horrible set of twats on here

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh?

I can name hardly any of the West Brom players, and they pissed on us, so let's not go suggesting that it was the quality of players we dont have that fucked us today.

One manager, one day, is going to drop him after a bad performance or two.

Write me a list of the top 100 players in the World, where would Gerrard be in that list? Would he even make that list?

I do like a bit of irony me.

He needs to take Downings spot in the team. And I'll be fucked if anyone whines about him playing on the wing or some shit.

Hes wasted playing in midfield. He needs to play where he can be a goal threat and he would be if he takes Downings spot.

Yup, either that or play him in the middle of the front 3 and try out that whole "false 9" idea.

The problem as mentioned is that as poor as he's been at times in the middle recently there is still a pretty big drop off in quality between him and Shelvey, Henderson, and Spearing.

We lose, so naturally blame Gerrard.

There were 10 other players on the pitch today as well.

Win as a team, lose as a team.

Our fans are embarrassing at the moment.

Oh and opening poster - NEGGED!

Usual suspects gathering in Cunt Central like the subhuman, slavering OOT mongs that they are.

Spot them a mile off. Zonkocunt, The Cunt Abides, this Nathan abortion, et al. Never lived in Liverpool and therefore have no real understanding of what a player like Steven Gerrard means to the club

ah calm down will you - we all love stevie, that's not up for debate

i'm not going to get into the whole "are people who don't live in liverpool allowed an opinion" but feel free to start that thread - i reckon it'll be tasty

anyway as I said nobody is questioning the man and his legacy, the simple point is if stevie has a 3/10 game should he be dropped or should he be excused because of his icon status?

I personally think if someone hs a diabolical game and I mean diabolical then they should be dropped regardless of how big a legend they are - and you know what it might be exactly what he needs

Another cunt, crawling out of the woodwork like the rest of the parasitic invertebrates. God Almighty, so glad I'm on holiday. What a horrible set of twats on here

You are quite possibly the biggest cunt there is, so I don't know why you're complaining..

He needs to take Downings spot in the team. And I'll be fucked if anyone whines about him playing on the wing or some shit.

Hes wasted playing in midfield. He needs to play where he can be a goal threat and he would be if he takes Downings spot.

This and the post below it. We have 2 very good midfielders in Allen and Lucas, and may possibly get Sahin. We have Downing up front.

A lot of talk about how great he was at Euro 2012, means eff all to me, he was poor for us for the majority of last season and today was probably the worst performance of his in a Liverpool shirt that I can recall

I would start Shelvey instead of him against Hearts and Man City - the question is does the Liverpool manager who talks a good game and says he is all about integrity, does he have the balls to drop him?

it may well be exactly what stevie needs

as for carra, he simply cannot be third choice and cannot start against city, he is just not up to it anymore

it's a big test for rodgers if he will drop the two local boys this week and i think he won't have the bottle to do it

tumblr_lhlymhbI3h1qzbnmqo1_500.gif

I think a revision of Gerrard's role in the team has been needed for two years now. The Steven Gerrard that scores 20 goals, gets 20 assists and routinely turns on these superman-esque performances does not exist anymore. He's simply no longer that player, or at least hasn't been for three seasons. Whether that's because he's not been fit long enough, or doesn't have it anymore is irrelevant. What is relevant is that we badly need someone to fill that creative and goal-scoring void, that's why spending £15m on Allen was an oversight - we desperately need a forward.

Lessening the burden on the skipper, while surrounding him with proper players would surely see Gerrard sparkle again. I also think it's time for him to to retire from international football.

Carra should not be third choice, I am sure about that. As for Stevie, his best work is behind him, but on his day he is still among the best. The big question is, how often will his day come around? We've not seen an awful lot from him for three years. I would not be against dropping him as the energy level did not seem to be there today, and he misplaced a lot of passes. If he is dropped it will be a good move for Rodgers to show he is in charge and that nobody plays because of reputation. On the other hand, Stevie will know it wasn't good enough today, so perhaps the better choice is to put him right back in and see if he will respond of his own accord.

Either way, he is not a player to build the emerging team around. He can still be a great asset but Rodgers will have to keep a sharp eye on this one.

Carra should not be third choice, I am sure about that. As for Stevie, his best work is behind him, but on his day he is still among the best. The big question is, how often will his day come around? We've not seen an awful lot from him for three years. I would not be against dropping him as the energy level did not seem to be there today, and he misplaced a lot of passes. If he is dropped it will be a good move for Rodgers to show he is in charge and that nobody plays because of reputation. On the other hand, Stevie will know it wasn't good enough today, so perhaps the better choice is to put him right back in and see if he will respond of his own accord.

Either way, he is not a player to build the emerging team around. He can still be a great asset but Rodgers will have to keep a sharp eye on this one.

I totally agree in the emboldened part.

No, it won't be the end of the world.

:whistle:

There's no other player in our squad who an opposition manager or player would be worried about in the slightest at this point. Gerrard's psychological impact on our own squad, galvanising players who think they're in with a chance if he's on form, and the opposition who are scared of his ability, is immense.

Our fans' ability to denigrate Gerrard absolutely astounds me.

In our present state, when Gerrard's gone we're utterly fucked. The lad is and has been at least 50% of our attacking play for the last ten years.

Not in the last year and a half we havent because bar the Derby last year he hasnt been playing well at all.

Guest San Don
Aye you're right San Don, some proper fuckin bell whiffs on here today. Unbelievable. I really hate this new breed of 'fan'.

You'll always still be the biggest gobshite tho. Whatever.

Hey listen smackhead, the day you see me turn on our players, you can call me for it.

You fucking whinge like a girl too much but you know that right? Whatever.

Guest San Don
ah calm down will you - we all love stevie, that's not up for debate

i'm not going to get into the whole "are people who don't live in liverpool allowed an opinion" but feel free to start that thread - i reckon it'll be tasty

anyway as I said nobody is questioning the man and his legacy, the simple point is if stevie has a 3/10 game should he be dropped or should he be excused because of his icon status?

I personally think if someone hs a diabolical game and I mean diabolical then they should be dropped regardless of how big a legend they are - and you know what it might be exactly what he needs

So what you're saying is Gerrard is solely responsible for the defeat and performance today with his '3/10' game?

Fuck off with that shit.