You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest San Don
Podolski worked his ass off all game and no one in our side - least of all Gerrard, wanted any part of a battle with Diaby.

Hahaha! What fucking shite!

You sound like you expect Gerrard to be on the end of his own crosses. So not only was he supposed to be supporting the front two, he was also supposed to be 'part of a battle' with diaby.

At the ground people behind me where have a go all game at Gerrard. They didnt say a word about Suarez nor one or two other players.

How Shelvey got into some people's top 3 MoTM thread beggars belief.

Gerrard's 32, he's no longer the box to box player he once was.

Hahaha! What fucking shite!

You sound like you expect Gerrard to be on the end of his own crosses. So not only was he supposed to be supporting the front two, he was also supposed to be 'part of a battle' with diaby.

At the ground people behind me where have a go all game at Gerrard. They didnt say a word about Suarez nor one or two other players.

How Shelvey got into some people's top 3 MoTM thread beggars belief.

Gerrard's 32, he's no longer the box to box player he once was.

Do you watch the game while you are there? Did you see a difference between how Gerrard was used in the two halfs - and where he was in relation to Diaby for near 60 minutes?

In all seriousness, when was the last time Gerrard had a shot on target?

He went round a few players in the Hearts game and tried to dink it over the keeper. I think that was on target.

He's had a couple of bad games. He will get back into it I reckon. It's still early doors in regards to dropping him. We haven't got the talent to replace him and the past two games have been against good sides.

I thought gerrard showed more heatr and desire to do at least something in the last 20 minutes than the vast majority of the team showed the entire 90, before that he miss placed a lot of passes that cost us but then a lot of the team misplaced passes. It always gets me that we are generally punished for our mistakes but fail to take advantage when the opposition does.

I think the manager should have sorted Diaby out early on. Gerrard and Sahin were swapping places but neither picked up Diaby when we lost possession. We just filtered back behind the ball instead of getting closer,Giving all the time and space he needed to stroll through the game.

Later when Shelvey came on he actually got closer to Diaby than either of them, at which time Gerrard had pushed up.I've been critical of Shelvey in the past but I can see him improving game after game.

The worry for me is why he was not sorted out early on by asking our most advanced midfielder to drop on him. Another worry is that Arsenal didn't impress me that much and they coasted it in the end.

It was poor on Sunday but when our best players perform as poorly as Gerrard, Suarez and Reina did then we are always gonna struggle.

I think you can probably blame half the team for that goal. Gerrard gave it away cheaply, the defenders were miles away from the midfield, none of the midfield dropped into the space to mark Cazorla, the fullbacks were over-committed, and Pepe might have done more too.

To blame it solely on Gerrard is the work of a genuine lunatic though, or someone who just hates Gerrard.

Seems like we might be in a minority. Twice now I've seen Rodgers blame decision making and/or game intelligence in the final 3rd.

Seems like we might be in a minority. Twice now I've seen Rodgers blame decision making and/or game intelligence in the final 3rd.

That doesn't strike me as very productive, but I'm sure that privately he is telling his other midfielders and defenders what they did wrong for that goal.

He was poor but his head was probably battered from being bumped by the powers that be for the millionth time in his Liverpool career

It does our heads in so it'll do his head in too

If that's the case he can pay back his wages then. As he seems perfectly happy to pick them up each week.

I thought gerrard showed more heatr and desire to do at least something in the last 20 minutes than the vast majority of the team showed the entire 90, before that he miss placed a lot of passes that cost us but then a lot of the team misplaced passes. It always gets me that we are generally punished for our mistakes but fail to take advantage when the opposition does.

and that comes down to finishing. I rest my case. Game set and match.

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking to a Sunderland fan in some shopping centre near the SOL on Saturday. He was pissed out his face mind but still – he was telling me Gerrard is his favourite ever player in history. He even said he wouldn’t mind losing if Gerrard scored the winner.

I honestly didn’t know Gerrard was rated so highly by other teams fans, I was shocked.

people fuckin love him even some mancs i know think he is boss. he is boss. he is fucking boss. just needs to be played up-front from now on.

It might be best to play him wide left or wide right until January, not becuase he is not performing to his standards as a midfielder, but because we need more of a threat from the three front players, and right now only Luis and Sterling offer that. As well as i think we need to get Sahin in and up to form as soon as possible.

Do you watch the game while you are there? Did you see a difference between how Gerrard was used in the two halfs - and where he was in relation to Diaby for near 60 minutes?

Did I watch the game or was I there!? WTF!?

Yes I did watch the game because I was fucking there, in me seassie seat thanks very much.

I find this constant getting on at Gerrard, expecting him to carry the team not just every game but every fucking season tiresome. It's like the lad has to have an exceptional game every week.

I saw some people blaming him for losing the ball with the pass to Suarez which was intercepted. Fuck me, Suarez did nothing for that ball yet Gerrard gets the blame. Everytime.

Like I've said, you and people like you expect Gerrard to be on the end of his own fucking crosses FFS.