You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kenny Dalglish.

JohnnyH

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He refused a severance package and told club to spend it on players, what a fuckin man, and some people implied he wouldn't walk away cheaply, ye know who you are

Seriously, TP, can you substantiate that? I'm not denying that it's true, in fact I'd be surprised if it wasn't, but it be nice to share it with people and have some proof.

He refused a severance package and told club to spend it on players, what a fuckin man, and some people implied he wouldn't walk away cheaply, ye know who you are

There is nothing on this anywhere.

If you remember it was Kenny who demanded a three year rather than a one year rolling contract.

I have no problem with him collecting his pay-off, he has done a damned sight more to earn it than Carroll, Downing etc.have done to earn their money.

The OP states exactly how I feel. In fact I'm fucked up with flu at the moment and I'm sure as hell bet that its been brought on by the news of Kenny being sacked.. .Seriously I havent felt as rough as this ever.

Like I said to my mate at work this week; it feels like your parents have died in a car accident and you are just waiting for your new foster parents. It wouldnt matter if Mourinho, Guardiola, Messi and Ronaldo turn up - it means nothing as nobody can replace Kenny in my eyes.

Kenny was my idol growing up and always will be. Fuck the accountants. Whats the point in shelling out on cup ticets next year if they dont want us to win any. We are in a recession FFS. :wallbutt:

I've been in my current job for under 3 months and am just starting to get to know people. When I found out about Kenny the other afternoon I said out loud to my colleage on the next desk that he'd been fired. A girl a couple of desks away who I'd not really spoken to yet stood up and said "What, Dalglish has been sacked? YESS!!!" and threw her arms in the air. As she started laying into how much she hates Dalglish a bloke to my left told me she's a manyoo fan.

I only saw her briefly on Thursday and she left on Friday (I was off work with my Happy Mondays hangover). I thank the gods that she's left as all I could think about was garotting the stupid cunt. Fuck I hate mancs.

jesus christ. Some proper drama queens about. we are all gutted kenny is gone,he is a legend in every sense of the word, but thats modern day football . move on.Stop fucking crying. look to the future.

Fuck off. You plastic, pig fucking cunt. 'Move on'? What else can we do? Freeze time? Get over it? I'm sure we'll fucking have to. 'Look to the future'? WHAT FUCKING FUTURE? What exactly are we looking at mystic meg? A new manager every time we fail to be top 4 also rans?

am too young so i never saw him play ... but the man is full of respect .. he respects the club, the fans, his players and even opposing managers (who some of them are real cunts)

I really loved that about him .. its a rarity in this age of shitty selfish football

i think he was so unfortunate with some of the signing and he needed another season as he was building for the future

our next manager has to get it right from the very beggining. No one will be patient as they were with the king

I was just thinking back over the last few day to the events of the season just gone.

I remember leaving Wembley with my Brother after the Carling Cup win and for no apparent reason (apart from winning another cup that is) we were both especially made up, almost inappropiatly so given the stature of the trophy in the overall grand scheme, and in comparison to the many great victories that we've witnessed.

The truth is seeing that beaming smile on King Kenny's face as we paraded that trophy around Wembley meant as much as the cup itself.

I remember the relief after that shoot out that we'd won but also how made up I was that it was Kenny who had brought us here and in this first season back too.

I'm too young to remember Shanks but no other manager will ever mean as much to me as Kenny Dalglish.

Fuck what the rest of the World thought about us last season, and inspite of us going out with a wimper (in the league and the FA Cup final) I was genuinely looking forward to getting the summer over with and getting started again next season, I really was but now I just feel a bit numb to be honest.

Everybody knew this season, whilst underwhelming in the league, was also a bit of a freak and that we would do better next campaign (well apart from FSG apparently).

What hurts even more are reports too that Kenny was getting the sack irrespective of whether we won a cup double or not! I mean, how fucked up is that?

Anyway, I've had a drink so I'll quit whilst I'm ahead.

I love Kenny like I love my own Dad (and my Dad loves him even more).

One day there will be a statue of that man along side that of Shanks make no mistake, not that FSG would ever really undertand what that means.

Guest San Don

Something tells me that the owners will regret sacking the King over the next 4 weeks or so.

They (and we) are being ridiculed for their approach to finding a new manager in virtually every on line news article I've seen.

Everyone but everyone is bamboozled by the spread of names being bandied about, from the 'best names' in the business to the downright stupid (Redknapp?? Oh please!) or men who have either not played or managed at the highest level.

Im convinced the owners actually served the King with notice when they binned comoli. Its just incomprehensible they would sack the DoF but not the manager. The King new his card was marked but carried on for the bestterment of the club.

Something tells me that the owners will regret sacking the King over the next 4 weeks or so.

They (and we) are being ridiculed for their approach to finding a new manager in virtually every on line news article I've seen.

Everyone but everyone is bamboozled by the spread of names being bandied about, from the 'best names' in the business to the downright stupid (Redknapp?? Oh please!) or men who have either not played or managed at the highest level.

KK's value was as much as a unity manager as a football manager and now all the familiar divisions, and new ones, emerge.

Redknapp finished 17 points ahead of us so it does not pay to get too squiffy about his hat being in the ring - there are a lot worse.

DiMatteo's success has shown that unlikely appointments can work- but FSG's track record is now littered with disappointments. I share your pessimism.

Memories are all Kenny's goals, from his first after four minutes away against 'boro, his debut home game on the following Tuesday when he chipped the adavancing Newcastle 'keeper (which became his trademark), the winner agaimst Bruges at Wembley to the winner at the shed. His link up play was decades ahead of anybody else.

Love the guy and feel like a right cunt saying this but I think the parting of the ways is right for the club but mostly for Kenny himself.

He still has the belief that he had unfiinshed business. If only Carroll could have played half as well as he did in the the last few games then things would have been different. We just have too many bad or injury prone players. Don't buy the ' we only need 2 or 3 players' to compete logic although never stop wishing that to be true - head and heart.

Unfortunately, Kenny suffered alot of bad luck, mainly with the Suarez situation. Standing up for Luis has made him public enemey no. 1 with the journos. They are a vile bunch and Kenny doesn't deserve or need it.

Kenny was not given any air cover by Ayre or the owners and has been hung out to dry. Ferguson got his ultimate revenge.

I don't want to see Kenny suffering health problems with the stress of the job. I want to see him in the directors box looking healthly, smiling and enjoying the winning again. Knowing full well that, he built the platform to enable the club to stabilise and move on. Without his intervention at such a critical time in the clubs history I shudder to think.

Always be a legend, always be the KING.

Guest davelfc

Appy Arry will pick up the England job after the summer, then have a full two years to relax and prepare for the World Cup without some of the old guard distracting team selections.

Appy Arry will pick up the England job after the summer, then have a full two years to relax and prepare for the World Cup without some of the old guard distracting team selections.

Not a chance. Woy can lose every game 10-0 and the blame will be placed at the feet of that nasty foreign Capello bloke.

No one I know wants that twitchy envelope loving twat near the club!

If Kenny had achieved what Redknapp had achieved this season he would still be in a job.

I carry no torch for Harry. I do tire of those so ready to find fault with any manager who is mentioned.

We will have to get behind a manager that does not command mass support, because no such candidate exists.

If Kenny had achieved what Redknapp had achieved this season he would still be in a job.

I carry no torch for Harry. I do tire of those so ready to find fault with any manager who is mentioned.

We will have to get behind a manager that does not command mass support, because no such candidate exists.

I had to check to see if you had posted that before Chelsea knocked spurs out of the 4th cl place. You hadn't so you've either showed yourself up here or are on a wind-up. Spurs are in the europa league now just like us. We've also won a trophy unlike them. Maybe Harry should be sacked now as well going by your reasoning?

I had to check to see if you had posted that before Chelsea knocked spurs out of the 4th cl place. You hadn't so you've either showed yourself up here or are on a wind-up. Spurs are in the europa league now just like us. We've also won a trophy unlike them. Maybe Harry should be sacked now as well going by your reasoning?

If we had finished fourth this season without the CC I'm pretty sure Kenny would still be our manager.