You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

This quote epitomises the disgusting' date=' dirty, filthy cunts which are FSG.

Truly disgusting, like the people who defend and glorify them.

FSG, Go fuck yourselves, take your pathetic, Yesman Rodgers, the ugly, fake scouser Ayre and Fuck Off.[/quote']

Trying to get banned?

This quote epitomises the disgusting, dirty, filthy cunts which are FSG.

Truly disgusting, like the people who defend and glorify them.

FSG, Go fuck yourselves, take your pathetic, Yesman Rodgers, the ugly, fake scouser Ayre and Fuck Off.

Little bit late with your rant there mate.

If the owners deserve stick for anything then it's the sanctioning of the worst buys in the clubs history

Almost 80 million on four total nonentities. Four useless cunts signed by a club legend who should have known better.

Take it easy

I am a critic of FSG, one of the main reasons is that you cannot have a world class club like LFc run by a manager and MD who are effectively on work experience. Yet that does not make them incompetent, nor does it make every decision wrong.

Only Pepe knows the truth behind this, but my suspicion is it runs like this.

He joined us as CL winner contenders, he has left us as non qualifiers for the EL, his motivational curve had diipped, as had his performances.

The club does not need a £110k a week keeper outside of the EL. Barca were in for him, we knew that and bought our cover early. The deal then collapsed and we found ourself with the prospect of a £9m , £50k a week keeper.

Thats life, he leaves us with over £20m in wages banked since he joined to soften the pain.

You can't criticise the club.

Sorry, when did it become about money rather than trophies?

The minute an investment club bought LFC? When G&H bought us? Take your pick.

Nah - its always been about the money - its just that the money has now become so very significant. When the money didn't matter we had amateurs like Moores as owners.

That was a time when we could bid the transfer records for Kenny - now the money in the sport has become so big that local millionaires like Moores can't afford to play the game, so it goes international, etc, etc.

Everyone wants a piece of the pie.

Nah - its always been about the money - its just that the money has now become so very significant. When the money didn't matter we had amateurs like Moores as owners.

That was a time when we could bid the transfer records for Kenny - now the money in the sport has become so big that local millionaires like Moores can't afford to play the game, so it goes international, etc, etc.

Everyone wants a piece of the pie.

Money in football has always been significant, but you misunderstand the trajectory of the sport in this country.

Prior to the PL the majority of owners in the English Leagues owned football clubs as vanity projects. They were symbols of wealth and success, not vehicles for it.

It is also a mistake to dismiss Moores as an amateur. Firstly, he had a long association with the club, and understood football, and the city, secondly, despite being gifted the opportunity, his track record was of selling at the right time across a range of businesses. He bailed out of LFC acknowledging that the post PL era was not for him.

It is true that the big clubs are now the playthings of international billionaires rather than local businessmen made good.

Two types of owner ones that invest their own money and those that dont, most the ones that dont are American it must be pointed out, Aston Villa, Mancs, Us, theres a few others at least but I cant recall them all off the top of my head.

Fuckin hedgefundfudgepakazz

The Russians and the Arabs seem to favor spending.

Two types of owner ones that invest their own money and those that dont, most the ones that dont are American it must be pointed out, Aston Villa, Mancs, Us, theres a few others at least but I cant recall them all off the top of my head.

Fuckin hedgefundfudgepakazz

The Russians and the Arabs seem to favor spending.

I think it is about motivation for ownership, rather than nationality.

American owners, without exception, have bought into the PL to climb on the financial gravy train for what it can do for them, as have others.

Abrahamovic actually likes football and wants sporting glory, whatever the cost. Mansour also likes football and sees sporting success as a platform for broader international interests and is prepared to buy it first.

Money in football has always been significant, but you misunderstand the trajectory of the sport in this country.

Prior to the PL the majority of owners in the English Leagues owned football clubs as vanity projects. They were symbols of wealth and success, not vehicles for it.

It is also a mistake to dismiss Moores as an amateur. Firstly, he had a long association with the club, and understood football, and the city, secondly, despite being gifted the opportunity, his track record was of selling at the right time across a range of businesses. He bailed out of LFC acknowledging that the post PL era was not for him.

It is true that the big clubs are now the playthings of international billionaires rather than local businessmen made good.

Sorry that I wasn't as clear on the point - I meant that Moores was amateurish in running the club as a business. If he had taken advantage of marketing, the clubs revenues would have been higher sooner. The reason he sold is that the scope of the financing required was way beyond him. Too bad it was beyond the two shysters too! But yes, I agree that clubs were a symbol - but they can only be a symbol today to the mega rich - the really rich and investors groups like our owners need returns on investment.

My point is that, the numbers are too big now, it's no longer just football, it's marketing, tv contracts, it's a product.

Ok Ive had a good hard long think. Ive thought some odd stuff being going on in the last year and a half.

Reading between the lines here but I suspect we are being prepared for a sale by the owners.

I think they are making us attractive to a new owner.

I will live or die by my theory.

Ok Ive had a good hard long think. Ive thought some odd stuff being going on in the last year and a half.

Reading between the lines here but I suspect we are being prepared for a sale by the owners.

I think they are making us attractive to a new owner.

I will live or die by my theory.

If its only a theory there is no need to Live or die by it. You might well be right by the way.

Guest San Don

OK, so what people want is some altruistic, mega rich owner(s), who are going to spend a billion and a half pounds building a new stadium \ completely redeveloped Anfield, while buying a team of £30m - £50m players, paying them £250k a week whether they play or sit on the bench, actively taking on board everything fan groups such as SOS, match going fans as well as people on forums say how they want the club to be and be run, yeah?

Should be a piece of piss finding half a dozen potential owners capable of doing that.

OK, so what people want is some altruistic, mega rich owner(s), who are going to spend a billion and a half pounds building a new stadium \ completely redeveloped Anfield, while buying a team of £30m - £50m players, paying them £250k a week whether they play or sit on the bench, actively taking on board everything fan groups such as SOS, match going fans as well as people on forums say how they want the club to be and be run, yeah?

Should be a piece of piss finding half a dozen potential owners capable of doing that.

Beats mediocracy.

And people like you will be the first to celebrate if that happens anyway, on some 'we tried being 'frugal'-didnt work' type shit.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Dennis, we haven't been frugal. You're living in a different world if you think we've been frugal. There's only a handful of clubs in the world who spend as much as we have. Even fewer who spend considerably more.

Guest San Don
Beats mediocracy.

And people like you will be the first to celebrate if that happens anyway, on some 'we tried being 'frugal'-didnt work' type shit.

Nope, people like you will be at the front of the queue still fucking whinging "why havent we wont the PL title, CL and FA Cup with the resources available to us"?

I dont want a mega rich owner unlike dullards such as yourself who lives in an isolated walter mitty type world.

Beats mediocracy.

And people like you will be the first to celebrate if that happens anyway' date=' on some 'we tried being 'frugal'-didnt work' type shit.[/quote']

So you would rather this Dennis?

English football has been warned it has allowed one of its major clubs to be exploited as a "branding vehicle" by an international regime accused of human rights abuses after a trial in Abu Dhabi, a country ruled by Manchester City's owner and his brothers, was widely denounced as repressive, involving torture, and "fundamentally unfair".

Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch have vehemently protested against the mass arrest of 94 people, their alleged torture while in Abu Dhabi jails, a "fundamentally unfair" trial, and long prison sentences with no right of appeal handed down earlier this month to the 69 people convicted. Amnesty said the treatment of the 94 in the United Arab Emirates, where Sheikh Mansour al-Nahyan's family, rulers of the richest emirate, Abu Dhabi, are dominant, "shows the authorities' determination to crush any form of dissent".

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/jul/30/manchester-city-human-rights-accusations

So you would rather this Dennis?

English football has been warned it has allowed one of its major clubs to be exploited as a "branding vehicle" by an international regime accused of human rights abuses after a trial in Abu Dhabi, a country ruled by Manchester City's owner and his brothers, was widely denounced as repressive, involving torture, and "fundamentally unfair".

Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch have vehemently protested against the mass arrest of 94 people, their alleged torture while in Abu Dhabi jails, a "fundamentally unfair" trial, and long prison sentences with no right of appeal handed down earlier this month to the 69 people convicted. Amnesty said the treatment of the 94 in the United Arab Emirates, where Sheikh Mansour al-Nahyan's family, rulers of the richest emirate, Abu Dhabi, are dominant, "shows the authorities' determination to crush any form of dissent".

Country ruled by family of Manchester City owner accused over human rights | Football | The Guardian

Good post, was just about to point out the repressive regime Mansour and his family are running. The whole City operation is to build respectability for the state.

Same goes for the Russian and the way he acquired his billions. For that matter do you really think he chose to set himself up in London in a profile position by buying a Premiership club a decade ago purely for sporting reasons? It had more to do with a deal the oligarchs cut with the Kremlin and to protect themselves.

Dennis, we haven't been frugal. You're living in a different world if you think we've been frugal. There's only a handful of clubs in the world who spend as much as we have. Even fewer who spend considerably more.

Go ahead, tell me again how we've spent our record amount ever on one player and dont forget to omit the torres sale money as it might look a bit greyer if you factor it in.

As for Human Rights abuses and sugar daddies Ive never said I wanted that, thats just silly talk.

Anyway I'll let you all get stressed, Im happy now Ive come to an understanding of what is going on, an y'all better be prepared to accept the new status quo when the new owners come in. Get wit the times, these dudes are gone anyway, dont cry for me FSG we are LFC and we'll soon be free.

But you can still follow John Henry on ye twitter accounts.

And hindsight and pig ignorance will get you thru the rest, lets see who the new owners are and then you can start sucking their dicks and forget you ever had that jazz hedgefund helmet in ye mouths.