You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

FSG are an investment club, if the money is right they will sell. They haven't bought us to win trophies.

So they want to run their investment down then, they want it to under perform?

in what world does that make sense? are you suggesting that they are asset stripping?

In different posts we have them being accused of contradictory things.

If they just wanted to have an investment club there are million better options than a football club to put your money. Admittedly they are not prepared to complete with Abromobitch and mansour but then they don't have a country's natural resources to pilfer.

Spend is only part of it. I don't have much faith in the current set up to succeed against the competition. I don't have much faith in the ambition of the owners. I think they are here to exploit, in the nicest possible way, the devotion people have for this football club. I think they will do just enough to keep the focus off themselves, keep some happy, blur the lines and divide opinion. Their actions thus far lead me to these conclusions. Hiring a top class CEO and dealing with supporters more openly and honestly will go some way to assuage these concerns.

BTW, they hired Kenny, gave him a ton of money to spend, which he wasted, and then sacked him after we finished on 52 points.

Did you cut and paste that from the Daily Mail?

Guest San Don
FSG are an investment club, if the money is right they will sell. They haven't bought us to win trophies.

Even lady antonia whats her name sold her shares in arse when the price was 'right.' So what's your point?

We just need to spend what we've got on players who are worth what we paid for them or more. If we sell Meireles for 12m and buy Coutinho for 8, we're going to improve.

...I can think of a certain Scandinavian member who disagreed, at least initially. Not sure I've heard his current view.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
...I can think of a certain Scandinavian member who disagreed, at least initially. Not sure I've heard his current view.

That's an alternative method of building a successful football team: first you consult with our resident nordickhead, then you proceed to do the exact opposite. Rumour has it that's how Barca build their latest squad. He said 'get Andy Carroll in and go direct', so they decided to pass it about and dominate the league. Fool proof.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Being managed as an investment vehicle for a hedge fund.

Arsenal to bid £42.5M for Suarez and have the deal done next week according to the mirror.

That's not quite what it said. It said Wenger would like it done not that it would be.

Why would the owner ask what they're smoking at 40m but sell at 42.5m? If they're only in it for the investment, why would they sell him for so much less than he's worth?

Guest Numero Veinticinco

And if we're believing the Mirror about the negative story about Suarez going for 42.5m, I assume we're believing their stories about buying Soldado and Papadopoulos? Yeah? Guys?

That's not quite what it said. It said Wenger would like it done not that it would be.

Why would the owner ask what they're smoking at 40m but sell at 42.5m? If they're only in it for the investment, why would they sell him for so much less than he's worth?

We still don't really know what behind the scenes pressure Luis is exerting, if he is going to wreak havoc if forced to stay then we will have to consider anything above the release clause, and the number of clubs that can afford that is a pretty restricted market.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

You do' date=' haha![/quote']

I certainly don't think we will sign soldado. Maybe papa, but probably not. I do think we will get somebody, though.

We'll get some in when we sell Luis instead of adding to him

Viscous circle of the last two decades really

I think we will still spend regardless of what happens with Suarez. But it's the amount that I'm interested to see.

Tis only a guess but I reckon we're probably going to end up spending not much more than 10-15 million more which isn't terrible. But I would have thought we'd have more to play with. But it might yet turn out that way.

"If I have one regret, it is the way that I am leaving. It is only natural that I would be disappointed that the Liverpool management agreed to loan me to Napoli without telling me first."

Pepe Reina

This quote epitomises the disgusting, dirty, filthy cunts which are FSG.

Truly disgusting, like the people who defend and glorify them.

FSG, Go fuck yourselves, take your pathetic, Yesman Rodgers, the ugly, fake scouser Ayre and Fuck Off.

This quote epitomises the disgusting' date=' dirty, filthy cunts which are FSG.

Truly disgusting, like the people who defend and glorify them.

FSG, Go fuck yourselves, take your pathetic, Yesman Rodgers, the ugly, fake scouser Ayre and Fuck Off.[/quote']

Nobody is glorifying them you weirdo.

I think we will still spend regardless of what happens with Suarez. But it's the amount that I'm interested to see.

Tis only a guess but I reckon we're probably going to end up spending not much more than 10-15 million more which isn't terrible. But I would have thought we'd have more to play with. But it might yet turn out that way.

If we are looking at a net spend of £10-£15 million then I'd like to know what the owners expectations are because they are off their rocker if they think that will break us into top 4, let alone take us any higher.

They can think they are the smartest owners in the world but it won't matter because without competing then you won't keep hold of your better players let alone add more top players.

Loads of people on here said this during the season and straight away we have a team who we are supposed to be looking to knock out the CL positions coming in for our best player, what must that look like to the rest of the world/league when we are trying to sell ourselves as a team looking to compete??

Anyway we are exactly the same position we were last summer and without bold action in the transfer, the likes of what was done in January, then I think we will struggle again, especially if we don't adequately replace the hole Suarez might leave.

This quote epitomises the disgusting, dirty, filthy cunts which are FSG. Truly disgusting, like the people who defend and glorify them.FSG, Go fuck yourselves, take your pathetic, Yesman Rodgers, the ugly, fake scouser Ayre and Fuck Off.

I am a critic of FSG, one of the main reasons is that you cannot have a world class club like LFc run by a manager and MD who are effectively on work experience. Yet that does not make them incompetent, nor does it make every decision wrong.

Only Pepe knows the truth behind this, but my suspicion is it runs like this.

He joined us as CL winner contenders, he has left us as non qualifiers for the EL, his motivational curve had diipped, as had his performances.

The club does not need a £110k a week keeper outside of the EL. Barca were in for him, we knew that and bought our cover early. The deal then collapsed and we found ourself with the prospect of a £9m , £50k a week keeper.

Thats life, he leaves us with over £20m in wages banked since he joined to soften the pain.

You can't criticise the club.