You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Thailand

My parents are regular visitors to Thailand and went last year after a few years break.

Not sure whether it was koh Samui they went to or Phuket but they said it is now full of loads of Chinese and middle eastern people holidays get there. Not a problem, but by the sounds of it going to Thailand to have a piss up and meet lots of Aussies yanks and Brits may not be all in t was if that's what's your looking for. Apparently Mexico is the new Thailand or the long haul Benidorm I f you like.

Thanks ill be there for a full 4 weeks so no avoiding the parties.

You don't have to do it all in one camp though do you? For instance, you could do a couple of weeks in Samui and a couple of weeks in Phangan. I know that when my club did training camps over there, they'd spend a week in one place in or outside of Bangkok, and a week in another on one of the islands.

Maybe have a look at where the camps are on the island, if they are on the west of the island away from Haad Rin then they might be ok.

Ill have a look

Im planning on one camp as its far cheaper booking training and accommodation for a month. Im adding private one on one training too so its best in one place.

Will be getting a Sak Yant done too,but that will be the last day or two.

You might want to check out Lamai on Ko Samui. I haven't been back for a few years now but have previously spent many extended stays there. There is a wee gym and you see the lads doing their roadwork twice a day. It was nothing fancy then but I had a couple of pals who worked out there and wer happy enough with the 'no frills' authenticity of it.may have improved. Lamai has a beautiful beach, the nightlife is not as in yourface as it used to be but is there tucked away should you require 'company' and if you hire a moped you can get around and explore the island. Personally I'd give Chaweang a swerve as i found it very 'Benidorm' and the longest I spent there was a week in the hospital with dengue fever. A number of people have commented on the anti-social nature of the numerous holidaying Russians but in my experience the biggest shower of twats on the planet are Israeli's by some distance. I've had dust-ups in 4 different countries withem and I'm far from being a nark. You will find Ko Phan Ghan infested with them particularly in Haad Riin.

• 1 year later...

Did you get round to organising this Lee?

My mate did a Muay Thai camp up in Pai in the Northwest near Chiang Mai and loved it. I imagine it'd be a lot cheaper and there is a really laid back feel to the place. I imagine you can do camps just about anywhere though so I guess it depends on what you are prioritising

In the end no

I had to stol for a few months and in really unsure i could deal with the heat these days. Since being sick but mostly diabetic the heat kills me. If the temperature starts going borth off 22/23 im struggling. I think part of it was putting weight on after starting insulin. Its pretty common to pile weight on with the stuff. So im back to a different gym next week and if i can loosevit ill look again then.

Same reason i ended up not going on a few holidays i i wanted.

In the end no

I had to stol for a few months and in really unsure i could deal with the heat these days. Since being sick but mostly diabetic the heat kills me. If the temperature starts going borth off 22/23 im struggling. I think part of it was putting weight on after starting insulin. Its pretty common to pile weight on with the stuff. So im back to a different gym next week and if i can loosevit ill look again then.

Same reason i ended up not going on a few holidays i i wanted.

Oh sorry mate, if you do eventually decide to give it a whirl definitely head North in the Chiang Mai region (where the aforementioned Pai is) as it's mountainous and cooler there

• 5 years later...

Fuck sake. Someone has started shooting in a creche. At least 22 kids killed.

https://news.yahoo.com/thailand-least-31-killed-attack-081412047.html

At least 31 people have been killed in a gun and knife attack by a former police officer at a pre-school daycare centre in Thailand, police say.

Police say he killed himself and his family after a manhunt following the attack in Nong Bua Lamphu province.

Children and adults are among the casualties - police say the attacker shot and stabbed his victims before going on the run.

A motive is unclear. Reports say the officer had recently been dismissed.

Police say he was last seen driving a white-four door Toyota pick-up truck with Bangkok registration plates and named him as Panya Kamrab.

A senior police officer in Nong Bua Lamphu province said 23 children were among the casualties, AFP news agency reports.

Mass shootings in Thailand are rare. In 2020 a soldier killed 21 people and injured dozens more in the city of Nakhon Ratchasima

Fortunately sane, decent people outnumber the absolute cunts and nutters on this planet by a great margin. But sadly, when the cunts and nutters do terrible deeds, they surpass all levels of vileness and hurt by an inverse proportion.

RIP to those, especially the kiddies, who've had their whole lives stolen from them.

I'm not sure decent people do outnumber the cunts just most people want to not been seen to be left alone. Look at the cunts in charge across the world, the masses allow it. That young Iranian girl Nika tortured, raped, murdered and dismembered for protesting women's rights. Look at the Saudis or many other places where power can murder at will and collectively the world shrugs its shoulders. We are a wicked species. 

• Upvote 1

• 11 months later...