You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Charlie Adam

Megadrive Man

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
Guest davelfc
The cheeky cunt's just tweeted moaning about having to pay £550 for a train ticket!

You'd think the money from his Jacamo sponsorship would more than cover that.

Guest davelfc
Far be it for me to question the wisdom of a person who says "r" instead of "are", but I think somebody has conned him as I got a £60 anytime return from Liverpool to Edinburgh last week.

Ah but did you book First Class all you can eat buffet?

"Virgin trains r the biggest rip off ever £550 for return Preston to Glasgow r they winding me up"

Fucking cheek. What's he earning?

It’s not a cheek at all. That’s a fucking disgraceful amount of money for a train ticket. Just because he’s rich doesn’t make it any less of a rip off.

£550? You could get to fucking New York and back for less then that.

You think he'll adapt well to Rodger's high-tempo zonal based pressing scheme. He certainly has the positional awareness and stamina for it.

Charlie(60 mins and i'm fucked) Adam should fit in perfectly

It will be nice to see a Liverpool team finally press the ball again after taking the last 2 years off

Charlie(60 mins and i'm fucked) Adam should fit in perfectly

It will be nice to see a Liverpool team finally press the ball again after taking the last 2 years off

Yeah, TBH a bit of pressing and moving Gerrard out of CM should get rodgers a bit of early uplift in the performances. The only thing you worry about is that hodgson and KK have been moving the squad away from players that suit the way rodgers plays. So your Aquilanis, Kuyts, Maxis etc all seem to be out of the door, meaning having to retool with the likes of Downing, Adam, etc.

It’s not a cheek at all. That’s a fucking disgraceful amount of money for a train ticket. Just because he’s rich doesn’t make it any less of a rip off.

£550? You could get to fucking New York and back for less then that.

That was what I thought.

It's not about being a mingebag, yeah he can afford it but that doesn't change the fact he can see he's being ripped off.

He'll be one of the first out, surely?

We say this every bloody year. It never happens. Nobody wants to buy players that performed poorly in the previous year. These players are paid money that now no other club would pay them and they were signed for transfer fees that no other club would pay. I genuinely reckon if we started trying to sell Adam we would be lucky to get 3/4 million for him and would end up having to pay a certain percentage of his wages pulling that fee down even further. Then you need to replace him costing another 10 million that might go sour next year with the same thing happening.

I doubt we will sell anyone in this transfer window. I hope Aquilani and Cole come back and aren't loaned out again either. We are going to lose money on these players either way so we may as well have them at the club just to increase the standard in training if anything.

I love Charlie Adam, the gap toothed fatty.

Play him behind a striker, get that wand of a left boot working.

4-1-4-1

------------------------------GK--------------------------------------

Johnson--------Agger-------------------Skrtel------------Enrique/Kelly

----------------------------Lucas-------------------------------------

Winger----------Adam------------------Gerrard/?---------------Winger

-----------------------Suarez/Carroll/?--------------------------------

We press from the front, and that means not being scared to commit to a system that loads up on front players.

I could bounce around Anfield on a space hopper and still put in a better performance than Charlie Adam.

I hope and pray that Rodgers doesn't start his first league game with Adam and Downing in the team