You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FSG cowboys and cowards...

satmann

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ShoePiss
how do you know???ok mabee we are not 100% debt free but we are getting 100% better run now than 2 years ago.,

For the OP to slate them and say they are no better than cancer & aids is a fucking travesty mate,misinformed drivel that just shouldnt be spouted.

These folks have done nothing wrong in my book.They pay someone to look after the club in their absence.

If one of my staff in work racially abused someone i bet you it would take a long time for my company's CEO to care about it.

thats why he pays an area manager and a manager to sort out that shite for him.

To me all this,the silence and no comment until today was on Ayre not FSG

Yeah they're better than cancer and aids. There is no stadium on the way right now, why do you think there is?

No improvement from the previous owners, no news on new stadium, saved by the Torres money. Brought the club on the cheap. Allowed an manager of another team to destroy a players reputation. Should never have brought the club if they could not run it. It was a fucking handshake. And they Call themselves winners, more like losers.

Hold on there.

FSG have question marks against them, but they are solvent and have run the club well to date.

Their mistake was appointing Ian Ayre as CEO ahead of the likes of Dein,Kenyon and Barwick (who is now being recruited to advise on this shambles).

The man is out of his depth - and should resign and return to his job as commercial director.

In his capacity as a TV executive, Tom Werner has dragged in the lawyers and PR people to salvage the reputations of various drug addicts, alcoholics, murderers and paedophiles, all to save his 'property,' and yet he happily leaves Kenny Dalglish, a thoroughly decent man, to put his name to a pathetic statement like this. He should hang his head in shame.

In his capacity as a TV executive, Tom Werner has dragged in the lawyers and PR people to salvage the reputations of various drug addicts, alcoholics, murderers and paedophiles, all to save his 'property,' and yet he happily leaves Kenny Dalglish, a thoroughly decent man, to put his name to a pathetic statement like this. He should hang his head in shame.

KK would NEVER put his name to something he does not believe.

Why should he? He is doing the job for love.He doesn't ned to sell his soul.

Once LFC accepted the ban, that should have been the end of it.

Instead we've postured like a petulant schoolchild about the unfairness of it all.

If Liverpool were going to feel this burning sense of injustice and go on about it continually then they should have appealed the punishment and taken it as far as it could go.

LFC would have been slaughtered for doing this, but they have managed to find a way even after accepting the verdict, to give our detractors even more ammunition than if we'd just simply appealed the thing in the first place.

And all of it obfuscates the main point: Liverpool should never have lost the case to begin with.

Liverpool Football Club cannot move forward until those at the club responsible for the PR shambles & legal misrepresentation and incompetence are brought to book and summarily dismissed.

Because mark my words there will be another crisis and the media smell blood. We will be in the same position again if the same fuckwits are responsible in representing the club.

They've been a fucking shambles from start to finish, even Utd & the FA couldn't of dreamed up a scenario to fuck us up so completely than we've done ourselves.

Wretched, utterly, utterly wretched.

i am starting to have doubts about the owners, they're of course, not in the same league as the previous lot, but they've lost a lot of goodwill

one thing that is the hallmark of this regime is slowness, slowness to make decisions and to respond urgently and decisively to issues

let's begin

1. slowness to dismiss hodgson, should have happened at least a month before it did

2. slowness to make a decision about the stadium, in charge for a year and a half and still nothing substantial on that

3. slowness to deal with the suarez issue, let the witch hunt carry on for week after week and then spinelessly grovel to all the critics

4. slowness to sort out the internal politics at the club, hire comolli and ayre and leave it at that, and then what, promote them, give them different job titles - fuck that, neither of them are up to it, make the changes required, show some balls for a change

5. slowness to respond to the torres sale, had we no idea he might leave, had we no contingency plan in place, obviously not as we stumped out 35 million on a 10 million pound player

6. slowness to snap up transfer targets, our negotiations take an age, lowball offers, hassling and haggling - nobody signed in January despite our inability to score goals and Lucas injury

it seems like we are just coasting along aimlessly hoping things go well, no real leadership at the club apart from Kenny who seems to have to take everything on his shoulders while comolli and ayre and henry hide in the background - i thought when parry and h&G were around the days of our great club being run like a circus was over, today is further proof that we remain a laughing stock run by clowns - sort this fucking mess out - everyone one of you bar kenny has shown yourself up as being out of his depth and not worthy of the club up to now - utter jokers

Lewis, it's a pity I couldn't get odds on you posting that link as I'd have made a few bob today. Have you actually bothered to read the article ? That's the opinion of a journalist and nothing more. There's not one single statement in it from the club. Nothing at all to suggest we're going to build that design.

He's something you may want to investigate. Considering a redeveloped Anfield was and still is FSGs 'supposed' first option, do you not find it just a little bit odd that they've not produced so much as a rough sketch of their vision for a new Anfield ?

i am starting to have doubts about the owners, they're of course, not in the same league as the previous lot, but they've lost a lot of goodwill

one thing that is the hallmark of this regime is slowness, slowness to make decisions and to respond urgently and decisively to issues

let's begin

1. slowness to dismiss hodgson, should have happened at least a month before it did

2. slowness to make a decision about the stadium, in charge for a year and a half and still nothing substantial on that

3. slowness to deal with the suarez issue, let the witch hunt carry on for week after week and then spinelessly grovel to all the critics

4. slowness to sort out the internal politics at the club, hire comolli and ayre and leave it at that, and then what, promote them, give them different job titles - fuck that, neither of them are up to it, make the changes required, show some balls for a change

5. slowness to respond to the torres sale, had we no idea he might leave, had we no contingency plan in place, obviously not as we stumped out 35 million on a 10 million pound player

6. slowness to snap up transfer targets, our negotiations take an age, lowball offers, hassling and haggling - nobody signed in January despite our inability to score goals and Lucas injury

it seems like we are just coasting along aimlessly hoping things go well, no real leadership at the club apart from Kenny who seems to have to take everything on his shoulders while comolli and ayre and henry hide in the background - i thought when parry and h&G were around the days of our great club being run like a circus was over, today is further proof that we remain a laughing stock run by clowns - sort this fucking mess out - everyone one of you bar kenny has shown yourself up as being out of his depth and not worthy of the club up to now - utter jokers

:no:no:no:no:no:no:no

They're alright, they're probably just baffled by all the shit. They bought the club to make money out of it, the put some cash in and appointed people to run it - it really should be that simple.

In a word, yes - I think they vastly underestimated a number of things, even after dealing with the Yankees financial power and the Steinbrenner effect those are peanuts compared to the stranglehold Utd and Ferguson have on the English game.

I don't think they are in it to make money on a revenue basis though - it is an investment expected to appreciate over time, not kick off cash.

Guest ShoePiss
In a word, yes - I think they vastly underestimated a number of things, even after dealing with the Yankees financial power and the Steinbrenner effect those are peanuts compared to the stranglehold Utd and Ferguson have on the English game.

I don't think they are in it to make money on a revenue basis though - it is an investment expected to appreciate over time, not kick off cash.

Yes it's never been their intention to take a dividend, they bought us cheap so the time period can easily be short and still offer a decent return.

Which is what they will do, sooner rather than later. We will not be talking about FSG as owners in 2017 that's for sure. This is my opinion.

Yes it's never been their intention to take a dividend, they bought us cheap so the time period can easily be short and still offer a decent return.

Which is what they will do, sooner rather than later. We will not be talking about FSG as owners in 2017 that's for sure. This is my opinion.

Seriously? I thought the reason yanks were trying to buy into European sport was because it was difficult to make big money out o American sport due to all the regulation? I imagined that's why they were trying to build the 'brand' and get the commercial side of things in order.

Nothing would surprise me these days, mind.

Listen u bunch of whimpering, whinging, darama fannies, just chill the fuck out, roll a fat one and kick back. Fuck what the faggot owners are doing, Ian Ayre is an amployee clearly following the line set down but at the end of the day get behind Kenny, Luis and the rest of the team for the next few years and if we dont get the firth of fourth, it will be the owners fault for their failure to put their hand in their pocket while all our rivals for it strengthened themselves. We need to win a title before we think about a new stadium for my money Id rather have the players first.

Guest ShoePiss
Seriously? I thought the reason yanks were trying to buy into European sport was because it was difficult to make big money out o American sport due to all the regulation? I imagined that's why they were trying to build the 'brand' and get the commercial side of things in order.

I've thought from day one this isn't a long term investment for them. They want the best return on investment, that will not necessarily mean building us to close to 100% of potential.

They bought us cheap and recognised that there are some easy fixes (shit I nearly said low hanging fruit) to make money from. They bought us with a horrible set of books, clean them up and we rightfully look a fairly good proposition for the next set of vultures I mean wonderful businessmen.

Again just what I think.

Sports in America have revenue sharing - that guarantees a base profit. The "brand" was built 30 years ago and you are correct, compared to the competition it has drastically underperformed.

I've thought from day one this isn't a long term investment for them. They want the best return on investment, that will not necessarily mean building us to close to 100% of potential.

They bought us cheap and recognised that there are some easy fixes (shit I nearly said low hanging fruit) to make money from. They bought us with a horrible set of books, clean them up and we rightfully look a fairly good proposition for the next set of vultures I mean wonderful businessmen.

Again just what I think.

But the reality of big time European football is either a Sugardaddy or a stockholder/socio set up. There are no self sustaining entities at the top now are there?

Guest ShoePiss
But the reality of big time European football is either a Sugardaddy or a stockholder/socio set up. There are no self sustaining entities at the top now are there?

Not as it stands today I agree with you mate. What I would like is David Moores with a brain. Owners who aren't looking simply looking for a return but have some passion for the thing they own beyond the numbers in a spreadsheet.

Again just what I think.

I have never been sure if they are in this for the long term or not either. They bought us with what amounted to a whip round for loose change among a small set of investors. If they produced a prospectus for these investors it would tell us what the strategy was for generating a return. It would be nice to get a copy.....