You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Have a rant thread

Sugar Ape

• 3 weeks later...

Bastard council.

We've been informed that as we have holiday cottages the refuse from them and our own onsite house can no longer be collected by the council bin men. Furthermore we are not allowed to take it to the tip ourselves as we are not licensed and are therefore told we have to employ the services of a suitably licensed private company. 

Fuck off, we're talking 4 bin bags a week of household rubbish, maybe 5 in the summer why the fuck should i pay a private company to take them away. We pay business rates which is fucking loads more than residential rates and for what? 4 or 5 fucking bin bags a week thats for what you money grabbing bastards, nothing else just that. Fuck off.

Bastard council.

We've been informed that as we have holiday cottages the refuse from them and our own onsite house can no longer be collected by the council bin men. Furthermore we are not allowed to take it to the tip ourselves as we are not licensed and are therefore told we have to employ the services of a suitably licensed private company.

Fuck off, we're talking 4 bin bags a week of household rubbish, maybe 5 in the summer why the fuck should i pay a private company to take them away. We pay business rates which is fucking loads more than residential rates and for what? 4 or 5 fucking bin bags a week thats for what you money grabbing bastards, nothing else just that. Fuck off.

What’s stopping you from just going to the tip anyway?

Bastard council.

Really? You've never mentioned that before!

Getting an £8 pay rise in my position means I'm doing an awful lot better than a lot of other people so I'm under no illusions on that front. It's more the context of me going through the ringer for those exams, especially the two I sat in London the day before my Son was born, my head was absolute mince.

• Upvote 2

Bastard council.

Kevin Turvey, Rik the People's Poet? More Alan B'Stard. Have you not got staff to go the dump My Lord?

Getting an £8 pay rise in my position means I'm doing an awful lot better than a lot of other people so I'm under no illusions on that front. It's more the context of me going through the ringer for those exams, especially the two I sat in London the day before my Son was born, my head was absolute mince.

Did you not ask about the terms and conditions of the promotion before doing the study?

I’ve turned promotion down loads of times because of the shite I’ve made my bosses put up with for pennies more. Fuck that.

Did you not ask about the terms and conditions of the promotion before doing the study?

I’ve turned promotion down loads of times because of the shite I’ve made my bosses put up with for pennies more. Fuck that.

I've not been promoted yet (this was just my annual salary review) but I thought they might stick a few extra quid in as recognition of my qualification.

I've not been promoted yet (this was just my annual salary review) but I thought they might stick a few extra quid in as recognition of my qualification.

Don’t know your role mate but never assume they will do the best for you. I’d make the plead with you to step up.

Kevin Turvey, Rik the People's Poet? More Alan B'Stard. Have you not got staff to go the dump My Lord?

Yeah, I suppose I could send him down there

mqdefault.jpg

Staff? Staff? I'll give you fucking ......erm.. Its just me struggling to make a living earning less than i did 15 years ago.

Seriously, this isnt fucking Centre Parcs its an Old Farmhouse with converted outbuildings producing 4 or 5 bags of rubbish a week.  Its not toxic or weapons grade material, why the fuck should I have to pay or stink my car out?

Anyway, I can see there is no understanding or sympathy and for that reason, fuck off