You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

--------------Reina---------------

Johnson---Agger--Skrtel----Enrique

Kuyt----Gerrard---Henderson-Aurelio

---------Suraez---Bellamy---------

Expecting a real nasty atmosphere at this one so I would think United will get all the decisions, thus dictating the tempo of the game. They could have the ball for long spells so if we play on the counter attack, Carroll will only hinder us. Gerrard and Henderson should be capable against whatever they put together in the middle. Kuyt and Aurelio will provide good cover to allow the full backs to get forward and the Suarez / Bellamy partnership will cause them all kinds of problems due to their keeper being afraid to come outside the 6 yard box. You can never call these games but what a lift taking 3 points here would be.

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cos he's on the best run of form since he came so ditching him would be counter productive for me

You dont like him so its sound LFD

I thought it was his best performance for us in the last game, in terms of his all round play.

But yes you are right I don't think he is the right players for us, for this team and I don't think he is the best option to beat United. I just want 3 points and think it is more likely without Carroll.

But I can understand people wanting him to stay in the team and build on from his last few games where he has improved.

I just want 3 points too but I think he should start

He does scare the shit out of De Gea, so if he does play I'm sure he could be a threat for that reason alone.

-----Reina------

-Johnson---Skrtel---Agger---Enrique

---------Spearing---Adam---------

-Kuyt---Gerrard---Bellamy

-----Carroll-----

I don't see Kenny putting Suarez out until things have cooled off in the second half. All the Mancs will get murder boners on, only to boo Adam for a rash challenge in 8th minute. If we can go into half with a goal or two without him, all the better. Just protect the back line, and counter. They can fuck about in the midfield all they want. But we MUST defend the cheap goal and the set piece. The way we set up against Spurs was a good trial for this match. Modric was shit. Bale was shit. And Adebayor was shit. If it weren't for Parker, Dawson, and Friedel (and our inability to finish).... three points. The fucking scum do not have that. What they have is Johnny fucking Evans, Evra and DeGea. But mainly... Evra. Please can we have another?

I'd go:

-----------------------Reina-----------------------

Johnson-------Skrtel-----------Agger--------Enrique

---------------Spearing--------Gerrard-------------

Kuyt--------------------Suarez----------------Maxi

------------------------Bellamy---------------------

I don't see the point of having Spearing there. Headless at times, looked scared when under pressure sometimes and average passing ability. Adam is better off there although Adam not a better player either but Adam passing ability a notch above Spearing. We should use that and launch an attach smoothly.

One more thing i have a problem with your line-up is why the fuck is Bellamy playing up top when we can use his pace just off the main striker or left wing forward?

Maxi should play behind Suarez and Bellamy left midfield. That'll be one of the best forward line we will have at Old Toilet.

And to those who have issues with why dropping of Carroll...shut it and and sit down. Against Manure we need pace and with pace we will prevail.

I don't see the point of having Spearing there. Headless at times, looked scared when under pressure sometimes and average passing ability. Adam is better off there although Adam not a better player either but Adam passing ability a notch above Spearing. We should use that and launch an attach smoothly.

Someone needs to close down Scholes, give him space and he'll do something with it. If we press him he doesn't have the legs to beat us. Adam needs a Spearing/Lucas in there to play his game. I don't trust him at all defensively. Gerrard could slot there, but his best qualities are when he's charging forward.

I completely disagree with your assessment of Spearing as headless/scared. He's done a great job for us when called upon and has looked really good.

Someone needs to close down Scholes, give him space and he'll do something with it. If we press him he doesn't have the legs to beat us. Adam needs a Spearing/Lucas in there to play his game. I don't trust him at all defensively. Gerrard could slot there, but his best qualities are when he's charging forward.

I completely disagree with your assessment of Spearing as headless/scared. He's done a great job for us when called upon and has looked really good.

I completely agree with this. Spearing is not headless nor scared. His distribution isn't the greatest but he certainly isn't scared or headless and is a great player to have when Lucas is unavailable and we need a defensive midfielder playing. I love the guys passion and effort. He reminds me of a die-hard fan being put out to perform for the team and giving his all.

Gerrard is best going forward and is wasted being cover defensively. Adam can't defend and if we are playing any sort of decent midfield he needs two players (non defensive) in the centre with him or someone of Lucas' and Spearings' style.

It will be interesting to see if Kenny thinks he needs a dedicated defensive midfielder in the team. I hope he does as the thought of Adam and Gerrard being in the middle worries me. Even Gerrard and Henderson in there would be an option.

Scholes is not quick enough to get away from Adam...the problem with Scholes is he plays intelligently and Adam can do the job there if he follow closely Scholes. I don't get this shit about Adam needing a defensive midfielder alongside him to play his game. Where does this shit comes from? Someone said long ago that Lucas need someone alongside him to play his game and when Mascher played next to him he is still the same player.

If you're a good player you can balance things out. It is not all the time Manure gonna attack us. Spearing will slow us down with his sideways passing ability. He's like a poor mans Lucas. We need to play in a high tempo and Gerrard and Adam in the middle can do just that.

Spearing at home against Spurs is slow, sideways passing, headless chicken and scared looking type of player.

I completely agree with this. Spearing is not headless nor scared. His distribution isn't the greatest but he certainly isn't scared or headless and is a great player to have when Lucas is unavailable and we need a defensive midfielder playing. I love the guys passion and effort. He reminds me of a die-hard fan being put out to perform for the team and giving his all.

Gerrard is best going forward and is wasted being cover defensively. Adam can't defend and if we are playing any sort of decent midfield he needs two players (non defensive) in the centre with him or someone of Lucas' and Spearings' style.

It will be interesting to see if Kenny thinks he needs a dedicated defensive midfielder in the team. I hope he does as the thought of Adam and Gerrard being in the middle worries me. Even Gerrard and Henderson in there would be an option.

No one is saying Adam is a defensive midfielder maestro or some sort....but we need more flow in midfield and Adam and Gerrard give us this. With Spearing sideways passing ability he slows the game tempo some time and against Manure team who has pace all over we'll get screwed.

The thing is having a defensive midfielder is something we need to change. Lucas isn't a defensive midfielder and will never be one. He's just being deployed there because he has average passing ability. The same goes to Spearing. At least Adam have better passing ability in his locker.

-------------------Reina-------------------

Johnson-----Skrtel--------Agger--------Enrique

--------Spearing---------Adam-----------------

Bellamy-----------Gerrard---------------Maxi/Downing

-------------------Suarez--------------------

My rationale for this team is simple. We need gerrard to get on his lung bursting runs against a shoddy manc midfield, and we need a good midfield presence to impose ourselves on the game. I think the best way to counteract their strong wing-play is to have some pace in the team, and that can be provided by bellamy, suarez and downing/maxi. I remember the chelsea game where bellamy and suarez's constant running and nippy movement tormented their centre-halves, and i think that with vidic out and smalling still a bit shit, we can capitalise. Adam really did well from the deep that game and if spearo can give him cover then he will play much better. It was a toss up between carroll and suarez but i think that suarez will be egged on by the injustice of the past month and will really shine. If we can stop nani and valencia, and if we can marshal rooney and scholes, then were a shoe-in to win this.

Mancs 0 Liverpool 2

I'd go with:

Reina

Johnson

Skrtel

Agger

Enrique

Gerrard

Spearing

Kuyt

Henderson

Bellamy

Carroll.

If Enrique isn't fit, play the same Kelly & Johnson as we did against Spurs.

We have a strong bench with that side as well (Adam / Suarez / Downing / Carra / Kelly or Aurellio).

I'll be happy with a point.

Massive game.

I think Suarez should start but, boy, he's going to take some stick but it'd be great if he shoved it down their collective imbecelic throats.

Defence as usual. Spearing, Henderson and Gerrard in a midfield 3. Downing, Kuyt and Suarez.

0-3. Fact.

Downing in the team will get us beaten.

Reina

Johnson Skrtel Agger Enrique

Spearing Adam

Gerrard Suarez Bellamy

Carroll

with the 3 behind Carroll

I think the Mancs will start 442 as they are at home and their manager saying last week that he should have started Hernandez away to Chelsea so there is less need for us to play 3 in there. However if they do then Stevie could easily step across and make it a 433. I think they'll go with something like:

De Gea

Rafael Ferdinand Evans Evra

Valencia Carrick Scoles Nani

Rooney Hernandez

Maybe Young Park or Giggs could start instead of Nani/Scholes. Either way, that is not a great side and the back 5 can be got at.

I'd go with:

Reina

Johnson

Skrtel

Agger

Enrique

Gerrard

Spearing

Kuyt

Henderson

Bellamy

Carroll.

That would annoy me more than any other selection decision for this game.

What has Henderson shown that he gets given that key role? He has one league goals hasn't he and not many more assists.

I like Henderson but if used I'd play him in centre midfield, as I think the three players supporting Carroll in that formation you use have to get goals or assists.

If you are going with that XI, play Gerrard higher up the field and Henderson in centre midifeld.

-----Reina------

-Johnson---Skrtel---Agger---Enrique

---------Spearing---Adam---------

-Kuyt---Gerrard---Bellamy

-----Carroll-----

I don't see Kenny putting Suarez out until things have cooled off in the second half. All the Mancs will get murder boners on, only to boo Adam for a rash challenge in 8th minute. If we can go into half with a goal or two without him, all the better. Just protect the back line, and counter. They can fuck about in the midfield all they want. But we MUST defend the cheap goal and the set piece. The way we set up against Spurs was a good trial for this match. Modric was shit. Bale was shit. And Adebayor was shit. If it weren't for Parker, Dawson, and Friedel (and our inability to finish).... three points. The fucking scum do not have that. What they have is Johnny fucking Evans, Evra and DeGea. But mainly... Evra. Please can we have another?

Same for me. Maybe Henderson instead of Adam. Think it depends on how they set up. If they go for Young Giggs Valencia playing in front of Carrick then I would be happier to see Henderson. If it is Park Giggs Valencia then Adam because they will play a bit narrower. Think we need Spearing as Rooney will try to play between the lines and Spearing will pick him up. I hope Gerrard gets into Carrick big style and Bellamy rips Rafael apart. May have a chance in this one but feel it likely that the atmosphere may be very tense leading to an early red card for someone (Gerrard and Bellamy would be my favourites but Rafael and Evans also in the frame). I think Welbeck will give us problems with his movement. We must make sure that Giggs does not have time on the ball to pick his passes.