You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Confident. I know we'll probably match them selection wise and approach it cautiously but I really think we should throw all plans to contain them out the window and just go all out. Fuck them, let them worry about us.

There are serious limitations to this Manc side.

The best way to play against them is to attack and put them on the back foot as we showed a couple if years ago sticking 4 past them.

City went there and hit 6. Newcastle and Chelsea have put 3 past them. They are vulnerable.

We won't, but I'd love to see us go shit or bust with our selection and go at them from the off all guns blazing

Pepe

Johnson Skrt Agger Enrique (Kelly/Fabio if injured)

Stevie Speo Henderson

Suarez Carroll Bellamy

I really believe we could dry bum the cunts and slaughter them, they're a poor outfit as Manc sides go. The keeper is a bag of shit, their defence is shit, their central midfield is ancient and shit.

Ferguson knows we have got the beating of them. He has been gobbing off again about racism today. Rooney had his dig the other night. Add the FA Evea stitch up and Kenny's team talk is written. Let's smash the Manc cunts.

3-0

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really believe we could dry bum the cunts and slaughter them, they're a poor outfit as Manc sides go. The keeper is a bag of shit, their defence is shit, their central midfield is ancient and shit.

They've been better it's true but...

Team Pld W D L F A Diff Pts

1 Manchester City 24 18 3 3 63 19 44 57

2 Manchester United 24 17 4 3 59 24 35 55

3 Tottenham Hotspur 24 15 5 4 44 25 19 50

4 Chelsea 24 12 7 5 44 29 15 43

5 Newcastle United 24 12 6 6 36 31 5 42

6 Arsenal 24 12 4 8 46 34 12 40

7 Liverpool 24 10 9 5 28 21 7 39

...we're no better. One-off game though, hopefully another good performance against them.

A good analysis, Randy Marsh.

My only quibble would be that I would play Dirk with Luis in place of Carroll.Dirk is a big game player and can get the best out of Luis.

Like many I missed out on an away ticket, so have infiltrated one of the Manc boxes with an invite from a business client. Really looking forwards to it.

A draw or a win for us I predict.

They've been better it's true but...

Team Pld W D L F A Diff Pts

1 Manchester City 24 18 3 3 63 19 44 57

2 Manchester United 24 17 4 3 59 24 35 55

3 Tottenham Hotspur 24 15 5 4 44 25 19 50

4 Chelsea 24 12 7 5 44 29 15 43

5 Newcastle United 24 12 6 6 36 31 5 42

6 Arsenal 24 12 4 8 46 34 12 40

7 Liverpool 24 10 9 5 28 21 7 39

...we're no better. One-off game though, hopefully another good performance against them.

Of course the league table proves that they're above us for a reason, that reason being consistency. But on a 1 game basis we are a match for anyone as we have proven.

Of course the league table proves that they're above us for a reason, that reason being consistency. But on a 1 game basis we are a match for anyone as we have proven.

It also gives us a hugely damning statistic; Man U - 59 goals, LFC - 28 goals. More than double, that truly is bobbins and a massive problem that just isn't going away.

A good analysis, Randy Marsh.

My only quibble would be that I would play Dirk with Luis in place of Carroll.Dirk is a big game player and can get the best out of Luis.

Like many I missed out on an away ticket, so have infiltrated one of the Manc boxes with an invite from a business client. Really looking forwards to it.

A draw or a win for us I predict.

I just think that Carroll seems to be really growing in confidence and effectiveness in the past couple of weeks. He has a swagger in his game now and he was absolutely dominant in the air on Monday. He'll relish facing up against this lot with Luis and Bellamy buzzing around him. Has to start for me, great game to unleash our strongest attack on them.

I just think that Carroll seems to be really growing in confidence and effectiveness in the past couple of weeks. He has a swagger in his game now and he was absolutely dominant in the air on Monday. He'll relish facing up against this lot with Luis and Bellamy buzzing around him. Has to start for me, great game to unleash our strongest attack on them.

On balance you are right. Carroll has been improving and a start would be a big confidence boost for him, but that does mean attacking and putting them under pressure and pinging in a few crosses to test their defence.

Easily one of/if not the biggest game of the season, If we get the win we've halted their approach on the title and helped us get closer to the top 4. The pressure on the players will be enormous because of the media but nothing would be better than to get the win with Suarez starting and scoring. Of course, it could go completely the other way an we could see ourselves having a wider gap between us and the other teams going for 4th, anything could happen to Suarez to potentially get him a red card meaning he would miss the final and some other big games.

I'm absolutely relishing the prospect of this game, not looked forward to a game between us and the mancs this much in a fair while.

My mate hit the nail on the head about the Mancs the other week. He equated it to 'muscle memory', which bodybuilders have. Even if they haven't worked out for a while, it's still easier for them to regain their muscles because they've been there and done that, as opposed to somebody just starting out. Although the Mancs have had a fucking awful team for the past 2-3 years (probably since that summer they got shut of Tevez and Ronaldo, I'd say), the fact that they've got a manager and a core of players who have been there, done that and bought the t-shirts counts for a hell of a lot; especially as they still possess that fear factor that for all their vast resources, I don't think Man City have just yet.

I'd actually say there are a lot of similarities present between them and our last title winning side back in 1990. Nowhere near the best ever Liverpool team and one that contained more than a couple of ropey players, but we still had that fear factor around us and a core who had invaluable experience of winning league titles.

Like I said, they are nowhere near the side they are but this will in no way be an easy game. We are more than capable of getting a result though. Apart from our last victory against them in the cup, purposeful pressing has been the key to beating them. Pressure on the defence and the midfield, force them into mistakes and don't let them settle for a minute. I think I'm right in saying (statistically speaking) that this a clash between the most and least clinical sides in the league, which shows that even giving the likes of Rooney, Nani, Giggs and Scholes a split second to think can be lethal.

As sweet as it was to beat them in the cup by playing shite and giving them a taste of their medicine for all of those spawny smash and grabs down the years, we can't afford a repeat performance. Scholes had the freedom of the centre circle day and I'd say we need to do the exact opposite that day in terms of our approach. Obviously with the exception of the two goals and the victory, of course!

Big game for Spearing on Saturday and it's a testament to how far the lad has come when I'd say we missed him in the cup game. I thought Carragher did well in the holding role and dealt well with everything that was in front of him, but I really thought we missed the little fella's constant harrying and movement that day.

Would it be too much to ask for a Suarez winner after a nutmeg on Evra?

Confident. I know we'll probably match them selection wise and approach it cautiously but I really think we should throw all plans to contain them out the window and just go all out. Fuck them, let them worry about us.

There are serious limitations to this Manc side.

The best way to play against them is to attack and put them on the back foot as we showed a couple if years ago sticking 4 past them.

City went there and hit 6. Newcastle and Chelsea have put 3 past them. They are vulnerable.

We won't, but I'd love to see us go shit or bust with our selection and go at them from the off all guns blazing

Pepe

Johnson Skrt Agger Enrique (Kelly/Fabio if injured)

Stevie Speo Henderson

Suarez Carroll Bellamy

Ferguson knows we have got the beating of them. He has been gobbing off again about racism today. Rooney had his dig the other night. Add the FA Evea stitch up and Kenny's team talk is written. Let's smash the Manc cunts.

3-0

Top post and I agree with the team you picked there. You have to wonder whether Bellamy will play again 5 days after Monday (hope so).

Only thing I disagree with is your confidence. I fear it could easily be a dry bumming for us if they get their tails up early. I hope the likes of Henderson and Kelly aren't overwhelmed by it all. It's important Gerrard and Bellamy, the older heads, lead well.

Looking forward to it though with a few nerves.

Although the Mancs have had a fucking awful team for the past 2-3 years (probably since that summer they got shut of Tevez and Ronaldo, I'd say), the fact that they've got a manager and a core of players who have been there, done that and bought the t-shirts counts for a hell of a lot

Fuck em we got t-shirts now too.

Luis-Suarez-T-shirts-007.jpg

I'd go:

-----------------------Reina-----------------------

Johnson-------Skrtel-----------Agger--------Enrique

---------------Spearing--------Gerrard-------------

Kuyt--------------------Suarez----------------Maxi

------------------------Bellamy---------------------

I'd go:

-----------------------Reina-----------------------

Johnson-------Skrtel-----------Agger--------Enrique

---------------Spearing--------Gerrard-------------

Kuyt--------------------Suarez----------------Maxi

------------------------Bellamy---------------------

I'd pick the same 11 players, and same formation, but Bellamy on the left with Maxi behind Suarez.

Gotta start Andy.

He's finally finding his feet, so keep him going. Twould be a kick in the stones for the lad to miss out on such a big game after finally showing some form.

As for muscle memory...bollox! If you get brain damage, your muscles ain't doing shit!