You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2012

llego

It's Kaka through Rodgers' links with Mourinho.

Maybe.

I heard that a couple of weeks ago but am just putting it down to people basing it purely on the Rodgers/Mourinho link and not on actual fact...

Would be nice though.

Looks like Aquilani might finally be off.

Ben Smith ‏@BenSmithBBC

@CarinaAnders Aquilani in Italy tonight putting finishing touches to permanent move to Fiorentina. Opens way for Allen.

It's also being reported in The Times.

Would rather we just use the £15m we're going to be paying for Allen + Aquilani to sign Jovetic. But I guess we need the Aquilani money (if there is any transfer fee) to buy Allen.

Sure getting Sahin on loan would be a better deal than Allen aswell. As we could see if he fits before buying him. And he's played at a higher level than Allen.

Do you think Rodgers is going to be a failure?

I haven't seen anything from his career to date to justify any optimism.

Football is littered with managers who've had purple patches similar or even better than Rodgers, to fall by the wayside.

Mike Walker at Norwich.

George Burley at Ipswich.

Frank Clark at Forest got them promoted and finished third the following season.

Phil Brown at Hull.

Alan Curbishley at Charlton.

Paul Jewell at Wigan.

Owen Coyle at Burnley then Bolton.

Hodgson at Fulham.

What is the difference between what any of them have done and what Rodgers has done?

Would anyone have wanted them as Liverpool manager?

For some people just being appointed manager is enough. But what if like me you have no faith whatsoever in the people doing the appointing?

I heard that a couple of weeks ago but am just putting it down to people basing it purely on the Rodgers/Mourinho link and not on actual fact...

Would be nice though.

I'd say it was a Joe Cole MkII to be honest.

Though he's a much better player.

Would be nice though.

Kaka is not the type of player we should be looking at. He's nowhere near as good as he once was and his wages will be huge.

No way we'll go for him in my opinion.

Sorry to ruin it. I don't know about Ben Smith et al., but Aquilani's agent dismissed today on the Florence Radio and said that Aquilani is calm and happy at Liverpool and that "the numbers" do not allow any discussion and that there is no financial basis for a move(transfer to Fiorentina) or the rumours. He insisted Aquilani will normally be back to Liverpool on Tuesday.

You can find the source on the "fiorentina . it" website

(I'm not allowed to post the URL as I have to make 15 posts or more first)

If you speak Italian you will see the irony of the Fiorentina fans commenting. Don't seem to want him or rate him at all: "i.e. But, who wants him?, who cares?, phewwww etc... )?:biggrin:

Guest ShoePiss
I haven't seen anything from his career to date to justify any optimism.

Football is littered with managers who've had purple patches similar or even better than Rodgers, to fall by the wayside.

Mike Walker at Norwich.

George Burley at Ipswich.

Frank Clark at Forest got them promoted and finished third the following season.

Phil Brown at Hull.

Alan Curbishley at Charlton.

Paul Jewell at Wigan.

Owen Coyle at Burnley then Bolton.

Hodgson at Fulham.

What is the difference between what any of them have done and what Rodgers has done?

Would anyone have wanted them as Liverpool manager?

For some people just being appointed manager is enough. But what if like me you have no faith whatsoever in the people doing the appointing?

Steve Coppell is another one of those, the notebook carrrying twat.

Just got to hope Rodgers won't be aded to that sorry list.

Sorry to ruin it. I don't know about Ben Smith et al., but Aquilani's agent dismissed today on the Florence Radio and said that Aquilani is calm and happy at Liverpool and that "the numbers" do not allow any discussion and that there is no financial basis for a move(transfer to Fiorentina) or the rumours. He insisted Aquilani will normally be back to Liverpool on Tuesday.

You can find the source on the "fiorentina . it" website

(I'm not allowed to post the URL as I have to make 15 posts or more first)

If you speak Italian you will see the irony of the Fiorentina fans commenting. Don't seem to want him or rate him at all: "i.e. But, who wants him?, who cares?, phewwww etc... )?:biggrin:

Why would Aquilani want to leave when he can stay on the books or go on loan and still get his £100plus grand a week. It makes no sense for him to leave. Fucking worse signing in the history of the club. Why would they want him anyway he is fucking CRAP and players like him and Cole are paralysing our attempts to rebuild beacus eof their wage bills, impossible to sell. I had a massive go at the owners the other night but previous managers bad signings haven't helped them out to be fair.

Anyway Thelmas Gypsy girls is on so I am fucking off !!

To me there are many differences between Rodgers and those names. The most obvious one being the way Rodgers got Swansea promoted and then how he had them approaching games and playing in the prem. He is progressive in his methods and constantly looking to develop himself as a coach and manager. He'll obviously and rightly be judged by his results here. But i certainly feel more comfortable with him than i did with Hodgson.

Spurs and AC Milan have both been linked with loan deals for him last few days.

I think he would go back to AC Milan in a flash.

I have not read anything about Spurs. It must be their summer illusion.

I think you are right about AC Milan though. It's all over the Italian media and Galliani is milking it, every day, droping hints in every chance. I think they will sign him.

Hopefully all bollocks, in the mirror and Agger suggested not long ago he was happy here but you never know.

Manchester City have rocked Liverpool with a £13million bid for defender Daniel Agger.

Liverpool now face a major fight to keep Agger, 27, with Real Madrid and Barcelona also interested.

The Premier League champions lodged their bid with Liverpool last week and had it rejected.

But Agger has already told Anfield chief Brendan Rodgers that he wants out.

The Danish centre-back is expected to confirm within the next two weeks whether he will opt for the Emirates or Spain but City are ready to up their bid to keep him in the Premier League.

The player still set to be sacrificed by City to accommodate the Agger is Kolo Toure.

The Ivory Coast star has a year left on his contract and, after being frozen out by Mancini last season, has been a target for Turkish club Bursaspor and Saudi Arabian club Al Hilal - but Barcelona are also now keen on the former Arsenal man.

But City have not yet found a taker willing to pay a transfer fee on top of his £120,000-a-week wages, even though the Ivory Cost defender is willing to take a pay cut.

To complicate matters, Vincent Kompany's injury yesterday - the Blues skipper flew home from their Malaysia tour - means the champions are now loathe to allow Toure to leave as his departure would rob them of experienced cover.

If City DO sign Agger, they then face paying Toure around £6million over the next 12 months in wages if he is not sold or included in their 25-man squad for the Premier League and the Champions League.

Man City shock Liverpool with £13m bid for Daniel Agger as Real Madrid and Barcelona wait in the wings - Mirror Online

Guest ShoePiss
Hopefully all bollocks, in the mirror and Agger suggested not long ago he was happy here but you never know.

Manchester City have rocked Liverpool with a £13million bid for defender Daniel Agger.

Liverpool now face a major fight to keep Agger, 27, with Real Madrid and Barcelona also interested.

The Premier League champions lodged their bid with Liverpool last week and had it rejected.

But Agger has already told Anfield chief Brendan Rodgers that he wants out.

The Danish centre-back is expected to confirm within the next two weeks whether he will opt for the Emirates or Spain but City are ready to up their bid to keep him in the Premier League.

The player still set to be sacrificed by City to accommodate the Agger is Kolo Toure.

The Ivory Coast star has a year left on his contract and, after being frozen out by Mancini last season, has been a target for Turkish club Bursaspor and Saudi Arabian club Al Hilal - but Barcelona are also now keen on the former Arsenal man.

But City have not yet found a taker willing to pay a transfer fee on top of his £120,000-a-week wages, even though the Ivory Cost defender is willing to take a pay cut.

To complicate matters, Vincent Kompany's injury yesterday - the Blues skipper flew home from their Malaysia tour - means the champions are now loathe to allow Toure to leave as his departure would rob them of experienced cover.

If City DO sign Agger, they then face paying Toure around £6million over the next 12 months in wages if he is not sold or included in their 25-man squad for the Premier League and the Champions League.

Man City shock Liverpool with £13m bid for Daniel Agger as Real Madrid and Barcelona wait in the wings - Mirror Online

He's out best defender, we shouldn't be selling him unless the replacement is better, not much chance of that. Hope nothing comes of it.

Guest San Don
Why would Aquilani want to leave when he can stay on the books or go on loan and still get his £100plus grand a week. It makes no sense for him to leave. Fucking worse signing in the history of the club. Why would they want him anyway he is fucking CRAP and players like him and Cole are paralysing our attempts to rebuild beacus eof their wage bills, impossible to sell. I had a massive go at the owners the other night but previous managers bad signings haven't helped them out to be fair.

Anyway Thelmas Gypsy girls is on so I am fucking off !!

Maybe he has his own personal pride, Walty lad and wants to play football where he's wanted?

I've not doubt he could do as you say and yes, he was a poor signing. But, I cant wish the lad any ill will.

Seems like Brad Jones is also going to Norwich. Thanks for the semi final display display, Brad. I hope your personal life continues to go in the right direction.

Kaka is not the type of player we should be looking at. He's nowhere near as good as he once was and his wages will be huge.

No way we'll go for him in my opinion.

to be fair I'd be ecstatic if we got Kaka, he has been nowhere near as bad as made out for Madrid and when he actually has played his record has been really good its only injuries that have limited his impact as well as being second fiddle to Ronaldo in being the main creative force at the team but he'd still probably be one of the main men at pretty much anyone other than Real or Barca

no chance though given his wages and age, probably go back to Milan, they'll need to appease their fans after the double sale to PSG