You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2012

llego

Carroll is nowhere near our worst signing ever, obviously. I would prefer him to stay but I suppose if we need the money and the manager doesn't see him fitting into his system then it makes a kind of sense.

If we sign Allen, Dempsey and Ramirez then what other positions do we need to strengthen, if any? I'd say that another wide player is required to be honest.

Need another defensive midfielder. Our challenge for the top 4 was under the threat the minute Lucas got injured and we compounded it by not getting a back up in the January transfer window.

Small details, no?

Shame he couldn't have been pursuaded to see out the final year of his contract.

Yep, my bad.

It was always a case of him finishing his last year or going on a free, I think he would have been a usefull player this year.

Right, wasn't aware of that, however It wasn't Rogers and it shouldn't be used as yet another example of FSG's lack of football knowledge, when you consider it was signed by Kenny and Comoli. This incessant picking of little bits of proof of how bad FSG are as owners is becoming increasingly tiresome, people aren't even bothering to hide their bias now.

Maxi is on 90 grand a week, which makes it difficult to get a fee for a 33 year old, Levi may hold out but he doesn't pay those wages. As someone who often notes the importance of details, you would know.

I didn't see anyone making it about FSG. It was just about us being criminally shit. Which we have been and still are. If that changes then I'm sure everyone will pick up on it.

Why do people insist on adding 2 years to someones age in outgoing transfer discussions?

Maxi, eh? Difficult: Yes. Impossible: No. Do we have the ability to do the right deals a la Levy? No. Is that acceptable? No. Is that going to be a massive problem if FSGs strategy is to invest very conservatively? Yes.

Excuses and mitigating circumstances don't win titles.

I think that's a bit unfair, seeing as we just sacked our entire management staff and brought in a new one.

It's completely fair to say that we were criminally shit, but so far our only business has been to sell a couple of fringe players and buy one very promising young striker for 10 million.

I'm cautiously optimistic. We could still go and ruin it by paying 11 million for Dempsey and sell Carroll for 2 million up front, but for now, based on the business we've actually carried out, I think we might just be changing.

I'm referring to past transfers not Rodgers as he's only bought one player who it seems could be good value.

Don't think the Allen deal is going to happen. The Swansea chairman is willing to sell Allen for a lesser fee to Spurs rather than let LFC and particularly Rodgers have him due to him/us breaking the deal.

Tottenham gearing up to beat Liverpool to yet another signing

New Tottenham boss Andre Villas-Boas is continuing to make matters difficult for his Liverpool counterpart Brendan Rodgers, by snatching players from his shopping list this summer. After his successful coup in landing Icelandic international Glyfi Sigurdsson, Villas-Boas has now set his sights of Great Britain and Welsh midfielder Joe Allen, who was also under Rodgers’ tutelage at Swansea last season.

With Swansea Chairman Huw Jenkins far from happy with Liverpool’s attempts at stealing his star player, despite their being a clause in Rodgers’ contract preventing him from poaching from his former club for a year, it is being reported that Jenkins may opt to make a marginal loss on the sale, but offload Allen to Tottenham Hotspur instead on a matter of principle.

The Daily Star reports that Allen has a buy-out clause in his contract which would permit the club to sell him for £10 million to any club other than the top 5 clubs in the land – a category which according to the player’s contract Tottenham doesn’t quite fall into. The fee for the ‘top 5′ which reportedly includes Liverpool would be 50% higher.

Spurs are expected to launch a bid when they return from their pre-season tour of the United States.

Hello everybody.

I hope we sign Allen and Ramirez.

Our transfer handlings have been problematic for many years, though. First it was Villa and Barry, then Spurs and Keane, then Adam and Blackpool, now Allen and Swansea. Surely it can't always be the other club's fault.

We also seem to have no patience with players. We've sent Keane back after only 6 months, we are trying to do the same with Carroll, we've tried to offload Aquilani in Italy. It can't always be Juve's, MIlan's, Newcastle's fault, for trying to screw us. We're going there asking for it because we seem to have no patience with our signings.

Hello everybody.

I hope we sign Allen and Ramirez.

Our transfer handlings have been problematic for many years, though. First it was Villa and Barry, then Spurs and Keane, then Adam and Blackpool, now Allen and Swansea. Surely it can't always be the other club's fault.

We also seem to have no patience with players. We've sent Keane back after only 6 months, we are trying to do the same with Carroll, we've tried to offload Aquilani in Italy. It can't always be Juve's, MIlan's, Newcastle's fault, for trying to screw us. We're going there asking for it because we seem to have no patience with our signings.

Hmmm.

Greetings.

We hope to sign them too.

Its always somebody else's fault.

Carroll has been here 18 months not 6. And those clubs you've listed are quite clearly all cunts. We don't need patience, we've got eyes.

Finally, negged.

Welcome

If Spurs get Allen & Sigurdsson while losing Modric, I wouldn't be too upset.

And what's this shit about the top 5 having to pay 50% more than a player's value, fuck Swansea & the horse they rode in on ( I'm not even going into why we are but Spurs aren't supposedly in this group )

If Spurs get Allen & Sigurdsson while losing Modric, I wouldn't be too upset.

And what's this shit about the top 5 having to pay 50% more than a player's value, fuck Swansea & the horse they rode in on ( I'm not even going into why we are but Spurs aren't supposedly in this group )

Exactly. We haven't been in the top 5 since 2009, way before this supposed clause was added to Allen's contract.

Why the hell do Spurs want him?

Van Der Vaart

Jenas

Parker

Livermore

Sando

Modric

Rose

Sigurdsson

Huddlestone

Are all current Spurs central midfield options. Granted they play Rose out of position and Modric will probably be sold - but that's a lot of fucking players, they are supposedly after Moutinho if Modric goes too - so they are basically having 10 players for 2 or 3 spots... riiiiight. Fucking morons.

Amorebieta's agent confirms the Liverpool offer

SERGI FONT. BARCELONA 07/27/2012

PrintSend

Fernando Amorebieta is currently only thinking about Athletic de Bilbao. This according to the message transmitted from inside the footballer's camp. The company representing him, Football Management 04, confirmed to MARCA on Friday that Liverpool was interested in signing him, as was previously reported in the MARCA newspaper.

However, his agents also wanted to make it clear that Amorebieta's preference is to stay at the Basque club. "There is a clear wish on the part of the player to continue his association with Athletic and, even, see out his career in San Mamés. However, his good season has attracted interest from several teams, one of which is Liverpool", they explained. In fact, they commented that the English club "is the one that has shown the most interest up to now".

Athletic de Bilbao does not want to let the Venezuelan go, but has the slight disadvantage that Amorebieta's contract is up on 30th June 2013. As a result "negotiations have begun", Football Management 04 admitted. What is also clear is that neither party wants long, drawn out talks.

Why the hell do Spurs want him?

Van Der Vaart

Jenas

Parker

Livermore

Sando

Modric

Rose

Sigurdsson

Huddlestone

Are all current Spurs central midfield options. Granted they play Rose out of position and Modric will probably be sold - but that's a lot of fucking players, they are supposedly after Moutinho if Modric goes too - so they are basically having 10 players for 2 or 3 spots... riiiiight. Fucking morons.

If not me somebody else will say it.

Gerrard

Henderson

Adam

Aqualani

Lucas

Cole

Shelvey

Spearing

Downing

Sterling

Liverpool ready to give 18 million Gaitán

REDS ENTER THE RACE FOR ARGENTINE

Saturday, July 28, 2012 | 07:59

Author: JSR

Photos: PEDRO FERREIRA

Comments 95 Views: 31,960

Long coveted by Manchester United, now also comes Gaitán in the accounts of Liverpool. The Reds follow much the Argentina international, 24, and are willing to proceed with a proposed 18 million for his pass.

Forced to sell assets to ensure financial stability, Luis Filipe Vieira waiting for a superior offer to release the extreme that, remember, is bound by 2016 and shielded by a termination clause of 45 million euros. After months of negotiations with the Red Devils, who until now did not have the desired effect, the red DSS now has the opportunity to study a new solution to ensure a significant financial plug. The question is whether the interest of Liverpool will not revive the passion of Manchester United.

Probably just made up to try and get the scum to increase their offer.

If not me somebody else will say it.

Gerrard

Henderson

Adam

Aqualani

Lucas

Cole

Shelvey

Spearing

Downing

Sterling

Why have you included wingers in our list? I didn't include Bale, Lennon, Pienaar, and whoever else because they are not central midfielders. Plus one of Cole and Aquilani will hopefully leave so we have far less competition.

What was your point again?