You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2012

llego

A mate of mine knows Pacheco. He's pissed off because he's been told by Rodgers that his chances will be limited next season due to the fact there are new players coming into the club. I think we're being a bit premature here if we think nobody's replacing those we're selling.

Guest San Don
Loads of talk on RAWK that Agger is off to Barca.Cant begrudge him if true,big big loss though.

That Macca fella says we likely to sing 4 players plus Allen and a loan.

Yeah that's because one of the tabloids, (daily star I think) is running that story.

People need to chill the fuck out instead of all these conspiracy theories that we're being set up to be sold etc, etc.

I think this window is one where we have to largely sell before we buy. Simple as.

I can't help feeling were going to have another fucking embarrassing season followed by an exodus of our best players next summer , were well on our way to years of mid table wilderness.

Hopefully Rodgers can work miracles but its unfair to expect it from him with the lack of cash and shithole squad hes inherited.

A mate of mine knows Pacheco. He's pissed off because he's been told by Rodgers that his chances will be limited next season due to the fact there are new players coming into the club. I think we're being a bit premature here if we think nobody's replacing those we're selling.

The problem seems to be the quality of the replacements, not replacing them as such.

I can't help feeling were going to have another fucking embarrassing season followed by an exodus of our best players next summer , were well on our way to years of mid table wilderness

This is where we stand at this moment in time. There are 25 days left to correct it.

Loads of talk on RAWK that Agger is off to Barca.Cant begrudge him if true,big big loss though.

That Macca fella says we likely to sing 4 players plus Allen and a loan.

I think its obvious there is a plan to bring new players in. I would go so far as to say its a certainty new players will be coming in.

The problem though is how are we going to trim the wage bill but still be able to bring in good enough players to make us better.

I suppose thats where loan deals come in.

I'm afraid that, as ever, any blindly optimistic fan expecting a huge, exciting transfer that proves the ambition of the club, will be left disappointed.

We have no money unless we sell, we don't have the attraction of European football, we haven't finished in the Top 4 for years, and won't next season, and we don't have a manager who can attract top players by virtue of his name, birthplace and/ or reputation.

So why would any top player join us?

I'm afraid that, as ever, any blindly optimistic fan expecting a huge, exciting transfer that proves the ambition of the club, will be left disappointed.

We have no money unless we sell, we don't have the attraction of European football, we haven't finished in the Top 4 for years, and won't next season, and we don't have a manager who can attract top players by virtue of his name, birthplace and/ or reputation.

So why would any top player join us?

Depends how you define "top player" I suppose.

We're in the premier league.

We pay big wages.

We're an historically big and famous club.

Decent chance of winning something in the next few years.

We might not be able to sign a player when competing with Barcelona, Real Madrid, PSG, Man City, Chelsea, Man United and maybe Arsenal, but everyone else we should be able to have a decent crack.

We just have to target players ready to make the leap into "topdom" rather than fuckers already there.

We pay big wages.

We might not be able to sign a player when competing with Barcelona, Real Madrid, PSG, Man City, Chelsea, Man United and maybe Arsenal, but everyone else we should be able to have a decent crack.

We just have to target players ready to make the leap into "topdom" rather than fuckers already there.

We're no longer paying big wages hence why we are getting rid of the crap high earners and why Gylfi went to spurs instead of us. So no we can no longer attract top players. We just have to gamble on young up and coming players like Borini and hope they come good. I'm hoping we can get some loan signings as we can then get better players. Buying top quality is not going to happen at liverpool until we are somehow able to get back into the top 4.

We pay big wages.

this. we just need to get it right. henderson and downing were big risks but no-one could have forseen that we would use them as much as we did and they would be 'that' shit.

allen looks decent but we need the likes of ramirez to come in and add some flair. whilst keeping hold of our big players.

If we add allen and ramirez to the squad we have now i'd be confident we can challenge for a top 4 spot. especially if van persie and modric leave arsenal and spurs.

Allen will arrive and there will also be a forward, if Caroll goes he will be replaced, and a couple of loan signings.

Agger won't leave because neither Barcelona or City will pay anywhere near the £20m fee for him, Barcelona will do what they always do, offer £1m and report us to the UN for Human Rights violations in denying Agger's right to play for the greatest team ever!

Some bad fucking cry babies on here. There's 4 weeks to go, Borini won't be our only signing. I think we will still sign the likes of Allen and Dempsey.

Which will have the added benefit of weakening Fulham, who finished level on points with us, and Swansea, who I'm less worried about, since they finished 5 points behind us, and have also lost Sigurdsson to Spurs and their manager to us.

Which will have the added benefit of weakening Fulham, who finished level on points with us, and Swansea, who I'm less worried about, since they finished 5 points behind us, and have also lost Sigurdsson to Spurs and their manager to us.

We have no say in who the club buys, so what's the point in getting your knickers in a twist?

I could be wrong and Rogers might pull a rabbit out of the hat, but an "exciting transfer that proves the ambition of the club" has never really looked likely.

Whether its wages or the guy wants to go back to Cardiff whatever. This is a seriously good footballer we are loosing here, and its really not sitting easy with me!!!! plus he's got bags of experience to help our exciting youth that are coming through. Really not happy with this!

I agree, sounds simple, but in practise we are competing with the Top Four who can offer CL, and Spurs and Newcastle who are looking to do the same.

Success in your commendable strategy requires a clear club policy and a formidable scouting network.

The downside of the KK era was that he came with no network and was out of touch with the day to day nuances of the transfer market, and Comolli was an innocent abroad.It has set us back years.

Lifting three of City's scouting team was a good start, Rodgers will need to be lucky, as every manager in this position needs to be.we will need to be patient. If Rodgers is smart he will do the minimum in this first window other than offload the obviously unsuitable until he can get a measure of the squad.I predict that several will benefit enormously from his new approach.