You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2012

llego

reports on sky sports that o'neil wants agbonlahor..... I've always liked him to be fair and been surprised that he hasn't done better....

reckon he would fit into rodgers system quite well you know.... him, suarez and borini?? wouldn't be too expensive either.

Yeah, he'll sort out our scoring problems as well!

joey-deacon-spastic-cripple-photograph-image.jpg

Same here, and i don't want to go on about him, but his talent is rare and he's got ability beyond the norm. I would pay above the odds for the guy and if that means 35m + i don't give a fuck, he'd be worth it! If there was one player on the planet i'd go for it would be him!!! Enough said im not saying anymore on him

Well, our last 35m signing proved to be worth the money so why not?

But seriously, I would rather see us splashing 20-30m (if we had that kind of money) on this kind of transfers than on the likes of Downing, Carroll and Henderson. Not that I have anything against them, but it makes me feel sick to think of the money we splashed out to get them. £70m??? Jesus christ, 35-40m for those 3 would have been acceptable in my opinion.

Sorry, got of the track a bit there but it hurts in my stomach everytime I think of our transfer business lately. :wallbutt:

Guest Numero Veinticinco
reports on sky sports that o'neil wants agbonlahor..... I've always liked him to be fair and been surprised that he hasn't done better....

reckon he would fit into rodgers system quite well you know.... him, suarez and borini?? wouldn't be too expensive either.

He's fast and that's it. Injury prone and fucking fast.

Doubt he will go. He loves Villa more than O'Neill

Well, our last 35m signing proved to be worth the money so why not?

But seriously, I would rather see us splashing 20-30m (if we had that kind of money) on this kind of transfers than on the likes of Downing, Carroll and Henderson. Not that I have anything against them, but it makes me feel sick to think of the money we splashed out to get them. £70m??? Jesus christ, 35-40m for those 3 would have been acceptable in my opinion.

Sorry, got of the track a bit there but it hurts in my stomach everytime I think of our transfer business lately. :wallbutt:

Same here, this would be money spent on serious talent, not the over priced dross we bought last year. Last season's transfer dealings were shambolic, truly shambolic! Im glad the owners have held individuals accountable to be honest.

Same here, this would be money spent on serious talent, not the over priced dross we bought last year. Last season's transfer dealings were shambolic, truly shambolic! Im glad the owners have held individuals accountable to be honest.

Yes, Commolli must have been either fucking drunk all the time he was here, or he was sent here by Ferguson to destroy all of our transfer dealings. I guess we can say he succeded :whistle:

I'd like to cut Gordon Taylor's head off. That is all.

Only his head? I'd start by removing small non-essential parts, working my way towards more essential things. Hell, I'd give him a blood transfusion just to keep him alive. The head would be last.

Maybe I'm just being cynical, but I'm starting to think United are getting involved with all these players but are intentionally falling short so they don't actually have to go through with it. Pretty decent way of deflecting attention away from their finances.

Probably. Come September the 1st we'll be hearing the old "There's no value in the transfer market" from Ferguson as some sort of justification for not buying a centre mid even though its obvious that its probably Man Utd's only weak spot perhaps along with right back.

Guest davelfc

Swansea stick to guns and reject player-plus-cash deal for Joe Allen

Gary Jacob

Published 1 minute ago

Swansea City have indicated that they will not accept a knockdown fee for Joe Allen or any makeweights from Liverpool after they turned down a player-plus-cash deal for the Wales midfield player.

Liverpool had been willing to pay Swansea in the region of £10 million and allow a squad player, believed to be Jonjo Shelvey, to move to the Liberty Stadium on loan for next season, but the offer was rejected by Huw Jenkins, the Swansea chairman.

Swansea’s valuation of Allen stands at £15 million, in keeping with an exit clause that was inserted in the four-year contract signed by the 22-year-old last summer.

Although Allen has not asked to leave Swansea, his present club recognise the attraction of a potential move to Merseyside, where the midfield player would be reunited with Brendan Rodgers, the new Liverpool manager who arrived at Anfield from the South Wales club last month.

Jenkins, though, is adamant that the full valuation must be met before he considers sanctioning the departure of Swansea’s most prized asset.

Tottenham Hotspur are also interested in Allen, who is in the Great Britain Olympic squad, and could make a move should Luka Modric finally complete a transfer to Real Madrid. But Liverpool remain favourites to capture Allen’s signature.

The complication for Liverpool is Rodgers’s agreement with Swansea not to return to his former club to try to sign any of their players for the next 12 months. It is understood, however, that the accord can be dropped at Swansea’s request if a deal suits them, meaning that it is up to Liverpool to make an offer for Allen that is too good to be turned down.

The Times | UK News, World News and Opinion

Swansea stick to guns and reject player-plus-cash deal for Joe Allen

Gary Jacob

Published 1 minute ago

Swansea City have indicated that they will not accept a knockdown fee for Joe Allen or any makeweights from Liverpool after they turned down a player-plus-cash deal for the Wales midfield player.

Liverpool had been willing to pay Swansea in the region of £10 million and allow a squad player, believed to be Jonjo Shelvey, to move to the Liberty Stadium on loan for next season, but the offer was rejected by Huw Jenkins, the Swansea chairman.

Swansea’s valuation of Allen stands at £15 million, in keeping with an exit clause that was inserted in the four-year contract signed by the 22-year-old last summer.

Although Allen has not asked to leave Swansea, his present club recognise the attraction of a potential move to Merseyside, where the midfield player would be reunited with Brendan Rodgers, the new Liverpool manager who arrived at Anfield from the South Wales club last month.

Jenkins, though, is adamant that the full valuation must be met before he considers sanctioning the departure of Swansea’s most prized asset.

Tottenham Hotspur are also interested in Allen, who is in the Great Britain Olympic squad, and could make a move should Luka Modric finally complete a transfer to Real Madrid. But Liverpool remain favourites to capture Allen’s signature.

The complication for Liverpool is Rodgers’s agreement with Swansea not to return to his former club to try to sign any of their players for the next 12 months. It is understood, however, that the accord can be dropped at Swansea’s request if a deal suits them, meaning that it is up to Liverpool to make an offer for Allen that is too good to be turned down.

The Times | UK News, World News and Opinion

Haha. Can ANYONE tell me the logic in having such an agreement if Swansea themselves can terminate it? Its not like you can get a player without the club accepting the bid first (unless ofc the player is out of contract)

Guest davelfc
Haha. Can ANYONE tell me the logic in having such an agreement if Swansea themselves can terminate it? Its not like you can get a player without the club accepting the bid first (unless ofc the player is out of contract)

So they can bleed us on the price. Ah forget that, that's common practice with us.

Only a fucking retarded club would pay 15m for Joe Allen.

That said, he's better than Jordan Horrenderson, and we paid more for that useless cunt, so let's sign the cheque and have done with it

Come on Silvers you know we did not.

Maybe with add ons but the initial fee was less.

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers poised to trigger midfielder Joe Allen's £15m exit clause at Swansea City - Telegraph

It has emerged the Welsh club are bound to allow Allen to leave if any of five clubs - Liverpool, Manchester United, Manchester City, Chelsea and Arsenal - meet the valuation.

In what has become a complicated deal, other clubs outside those five could bid less for the 22 year-old and conclude his transfer, but it is clear reuniting with former manager Brendan Rodgers is the Welshman’s intention.

Liverpool are hopeful they will not have to pay as much as £15 million once Swansea City accept the player is destined for Anfield, but they may now have to go that high to conclude negotiations. Rodgers made it clear last week that if the player was subject to bids from elsewhere he would make his move for the youngster, who is on Olympic duty with Great Britain.

There is plenty of interest in the Welshman, outstanding in his debut season in the Premier League. The only delay at the moment is the fee.

It is a strange anomaly that Tottenham, who finished above Liverpool in the Premier League for the past two years, could technically bid below the stipulated fee than the five clubs named in Allen’s contract.

Related Articles

Werner: Rodgers has final decision on Carroll

24 Jul 2012

Luis Suarez lashes out at media

24 Jul 2012

Newcastle still confident on Carroll

24 Jul 2012

Taylor accuses clubs of 'tribalism'

24 Jul 2012

Cole 'only looking forward'

23 Jul 2012

Liverpool FC documentary series to air on Channel 5

23 Jul 2012

That has made Anfield officials push for a cheaper arrangement.

Tottenham have already scuppered one Liverpool deal - that of Gylfi Sigurdsson - by offering excessive wages, but Allen’s eventual move to Anfield looks inevitable.

However, it is looking less likely Liverpool can significantly reduce the asking price as Swansea try to maximise the valuation on a prized asset.

Allen would be the second major signing of Rodgers’ reign, joining Italian striker Fabio Borini who joined the Liverpool squad for the first time when he landed in Boston on Monday.

Rodgers is trying to work with a significantly reduced budget compared to that of his predecessor, who was able to spend in excess of £100 million to rebuild the squad.

He is weighing up if any players can be sacrificed to raise funds, having been given around £20 million plus whatever he raises through sales. The problem for the manager is many of those he are available, such as Italian midfielder Alberto Aquilani, were handed bewilderingly decadent contracts, making them unattractive purchases.

With Borini already signed for £11 million and Allen to follow, the transfer of Clint Dempsey from Fulham has also stalled over price.

Like Allen, the American is keen to move to Merseyside to be part of Rodgers’ plans.

The need to raise funds makes many in the Liverpool squad vulnerable, although the new manager now has a stronger contingent on his pre-season tour as the English players have also rejoined the squad.

Rodgers met striker Andy Carroll face to face for the first time on Monday evening, the former Newcastle striker under no illusions what may happen over the next few weeks.

A bid of £20 million from his former club will end Carroll’s 18-month career on Merseyside.

If that does not materialise, the 23 year-old will have the opportunity to prove himself but initially as a squad player, having to reshape his game to a more fluid style which will not encourage long, direct football.