You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dunkan Jenkins on Twitter

Lurtz

It's a worry when you find yourself laughing at the club. I just can't see why people get worked up about bloggers and Twitter and all that shit, seriously, who gives a fuck?

I care when our director of comminications is rumoured to have threatened a Liverpool Fan, over a parody account. This then gets trending on twitter and makes every national newspaper.

I care when our director of comminications is rumoured to have threatened a Liverpool Fan, over a parody account. This then gets trending on twitter and makes every national newspaper.

You misunderstand, I mean why should a football club be arsed about those things.

You misunderstand, I mean why should a football club be arsed about those things.

They are arsed because they want our business to remain private. They believed DJ had a mole. They think he cost the club £300,000.

All understandable reasons.

The problem is they should have gone about it the right way. Checked to see he had a mole, noticed the Echo broke the story about Borini first, not DJ and not threatened Sean and his family.

Nothing wrong with them wanting to keep information private. It is the way Chang went about it which was totally wrong!

Are SOS supporting DJ? they are meant to act on behalf of the fans, this is the exact type of thing they should be doing. Supporting one of their own.

They are arsed because they want our business to remain private. They believed DJ had a mole. They think he cost the club £300,000.

All understandable reasons.

The problem is they should have gone about it the right way. Checked to see he had a mole, noticed the Echo broke the story about Borini first, not DJ and not threatened Sean and his family.

Nothing wrong with them wanting to keep information private. It is the way Chang went about it which was totally wrong!

Are SOS supporting DJ? they are meant to act on behalf of the fans, this is the exact type of thing they should be doing. Supporting one of their own.

Then I'm sure they've taken the Echo to task and in particular Neil Jones, which is where DJ got the story from.

Even that excuse is laughable though. 'Someone at the club told you something', even if they did, so what? That's how journalism has always worked - what difference does it make if it's someone on Twitter or someone at the Echo? What is this North Korea? Load of bollocks.

If this DJ character is guilty of anything' date=' it's going to a meeting with someone like Chang and not being equipped with the means to back up his claims.[/quote']

Is right, he should have checked in with Internet Terrorist HQ for some tips before that meeting. Fucking amateurs.

Heres what pisses me off most about this whole episode.

How fucking dare the club, or anybody representing the club, come out with bullshit such as "you cost the club an extra 300k on the Borini deal because you publicised it" when John fucking Henry himself told two Liverpool Fans in New York "we've signed that fella from Roma".

That's why, if Chang actually said what he's been accused of, he is an absolute tosser.

Heres what pisses me off most about this whole episode.

How fucking dare the club, or anybody representing the club, come out with bullshit such as "you cost the club an extra 300k on the Borini deal because you publicised it" when John fucking Henry himself told two Liverpool Fans in New York "we've signed that fella from Roma".

That's why, if Chang actually said what he's been accused of, he is an absolute tosser.

And the fact that not only are we owned by tossers, we're being run by tossers.

We are not being run to win things, we are being run to minimise costs and maximise profits for those who will benefit.

Business is business, profit is profit and schmucks are schmucks.

Hey ho.

Reading through this thread from the beginning, not having known who Duncan Jenkins was, is honestly a bit hilarious.

An obvious comedy caricature of ITK's and journalists is so good that the Communications Director of LFC spends the clubs money to track him down and then bullies and threatens him with all sorts of rude and nonsensical shit because he thinks the information comes from an actual leak. Possibly. Or perhaps it's just a bit of attention seeking and comedy of a darker nature.

Either way it's twisted farce.

If this is true though, firstly well done to him for not simply bending over and taking it.

And secondly, beyond the intimidation, how fucking stupid that powerful people at the club spent so much time this summer hand wringing over shit said on the internet. And I don't for one second believe that a tweet cost us 300,000 quid, but I wonder how much LFC has spent on New Media inanities since FSG took over. Evidently tracking and collating Twitter and blogs, seemingly spamming forums and comments. Bizarre way to go about things.

Well the club have dismissed his claims, as I say, Sheila Coleman was very supportive of Jen Chang and Duncan Jenkins is a Parody.

We all believe the parody!

It says just as much about our paranoia/cynicism than it does about the professionalism at the club.

Well the club have dismissed his claims, as I say, Sheila Coleman was very supportive of Jen Chang and Duncan Jenkins is a Parody.

We all believe the parody!

It says just as much about our paranoia/cynicism than it does about the professionalism at the club.

What on earth would S.Coleman know about this and why on earth would anyone care about what she is saying on the subject?

Reading through this thread from the beginning, not having known who Duncan Jenkins was, is honestly a bit hilarious.

An obvious comedy caricature of ITK's and journalists is so good that the Communications Director of LFC spends the clubs money to track him down and then bullies and threatens him with all sorts of rude and nonsensical shit because he thinks the information comes from an actual leak. Possibly. Or perhaps it's just a bit of attention seeking and comedy of a darker nature.

Either way it's twisted farce.

If this is true though, firstly well done to him for not simply bending over and taking it.

I think the issue was that, while Duncan was a parody, the clever part of the joke was that he occasionally did get things right, and was actually more reliable than most ITK knobheads, and did seem to have some information sources somewhere in the club.

As I made quite clear Zig, her comments were about Chang. Her only comment on the issue was its timing.

I've said my piece on that earlier in the thread, but it bears repeating. The club itself released over ten news items which were nothing to do with the IPCC announcement on that day. Why does Jenkins get stick and not them, if the news was supposed to stop?