You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Andy Carroll -" Liverpool willing to sell "

James21

Would you sell him  

373 members have voted

1. 1. Would you sell him

• Sell him
    • Keep him.
    • Loan him out
    • Wait till the summer and see how things look.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His all round game has gotten a lot better and he has shown recently that he is a good footballer. He's certainly not the donkey he looked in the first half of this season. He just needs to start scoring again and there's no reason he can't be here for the long haul.

His presence alone creates space and chances for others.

His play on the ball has improved tenfold and he now looks a hell of a lot closer to the player I buzzed off at Newcastle. It's all about confidence. His link up play his better. He has been dominant in the air too. But most importantly the team are learning to play with him and to his strengths.

He is well worth his starting place and in my opinion should start every game with Luis and Stevie until the end of the season.

Thought he was shite myself, he's a striker who doesn't score and never looks remotely like scoring. His touch wasn't as bad as in recent months but that's no great success. There are basically two Liverpool teams on the pitch, Liverpool and Andy Carroll. He's very rarely if ever in the right place at the right time. He can't seem to even judge the flight of a ball for what I can tell, plus he lost Crouch for their goal. He really is shite, and hoping otherwise will not solve the problem.

Thought he was shite myself, he's a striker who doesn't score and never looks remotely like scoring. His touch wasn't as bad as in recent months but that's no great success. There are basically two Liverpool teams on the pitch, Liverpool and Andy Carroll. He's very rarely if ever in the right place at the right time. He can't seem to even judge the flight of a ball for what I can tell, plus he lost Crouch for their goal. He really is shite, and hoping otherwise will not solve the problem.

This is the crux of the matter for me.

He might make a squad player, but what a waste of the investment. I'd like to see him out on loan at a long ball club like bolton or Blackburn to see if there is anything there.

I don't think he does. A backup striker should either give you a different option, offer some experience or at least give the striker in front of him the fear he could lose his place. Carroll does none of these things. Compare him to someone like Karl Heinze Riedle who we picked up for pennies. Absolute heartbreaker.

I agree with your comments, all i see in Carroll is a big arkward lump with no football brain at all and is very much so, out of his depth.

Watching Emile Heskey from the 2001 season, and that's the player we need Carroll to be.

Saya the vice president of 'the friends of Emile Heskey'

I never honestly thought that we would reflect on the performance of a £35M striker and conclude that success would be the form of Emile Heskey Fucking neg away that made me laugh :D

Dont get your perspective at all, Section. His main problem is that he doesn't look anywhere near enough of a threat, yes, but his play outside the box is fine though. Nearly always finds a red shirt and already has a few assists due to his knock ons. Suarez is onto it because he's started running in behind him every time a long ball is played forward. We need far better wide play to get the best out of him inside the box. Watch him when Gerrard has it wide and watch him when most of our other players have it wide. That tells you all you need to know about his confidence in our other players giving him the service and until we have players who can deliver from out there he's not going to be much of a threat. To say he is shite is ridiculously OTT.

Carroll's not good enough, it really is that simple, he's improved to extent but he is just a passenger no genuine threat or creativity to speak of. We need to act quickly and ruthlessly and get rid of him before his value diminishes even further. We need another top class striker a la Cavani, Villa who ever.

Carroll's not good enough, it really is that simple, he's improved to extent but he is just a passenger no genuine threat or creativity to speak of. We need to act quickly and ruthlessly and get rid of him before his value diminishes even further. We need another top class striker a la Cavani, Villa who ever.

We could do with messi and iniesta as well :whistle:

The fact is he is improving, yeah it might not work out but are we surely a club that just disregards it's players if they 'fail' after actually not playing with our two best players for most of the season.

Devils Advocate.

If Carroll had a better finisher than Suarez alongside him, would Carroll have more assists, and would there perhaps be a better partnership?

Good question.

As highly as i rate Suarez i'd have to say yes.

I think one of Carroll's problems is Suarez is so unpredictable. He's capable of creating something from nothing but you never know when he's going to try to do it all himself or look for Carroll.

The former option has often been preferable because, as shown against Stoke in both cups, Suarez can find the net, but it doesn't necessarily help build an understanding between the partnership.

Carroll's definitely improving, but i still worry that when he makes runs towards the box he is rarely played in by our midfield.

Carroll's definitely improving' date=' but i still worry that when he [b']makes runs[/b] towards the box he is rarely played in by our midfield.

Now I know you're on a wind up because that thing that Carroll does is definitely not running because he can't.

He sits too deep and is way way too slow to make up any ground, if we are pressing forward I want him right in the box amongst the centrebacks. He looks like a 5 million pound player so far. Insane deal and one the only way we can recover anything from is by keeping him a few years and hoping he wins the lottery or something and gives us a share.

You just can't see where his goals are going to come from.

The time it'd take him to wind up his leg for a shot gives defenders a great chance of closing hm down. He's never going to get on the end of a ball over the top/ through a gap and score because even your Roger Johnsons and Richard Dunnes can catch him at full pace with a yard to spare.

And in the air? He seems reluctant to jump for headers in the box at times, either that or he does the little "I tried to jump but the defender is holding me down" routine that referees will continually dismiss because they are nothng. Even when he does win headers in the box they always seem to be looping ones with no power that either loop right over the bar or the keeper catches while smoking a J.

Saying all that, his build up play isn't bad and he's definately improved from the player 4 or 5 months ago. It's not massive improvement mind, but I do still hold onto the lingering hope there is room for much more improvement with time, by which I mean years/ seasons, not months.