You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

When are we likely to get definitive stadium news?

Nathanzx

If it looks like BS and smells like BS… then it probably is!

Wont harm the follower numbers on the YouTube channel though.

You’d think if there was such a major failure they wouldn’t continue to install seats , but that’s just my cynical nature 

20 minutes ago, dandyman said:

If it looks like BS and smells like BS… then it probably is!

Wont harm the follower numbers on the YouTube channel though.

You’d think if there was such a major failure they wouldn’t continue to install seats , but that’s just my cynical nature 

It might explain the sudden change from aiming to be open for Everton game to absolutely no fucking idea

It would not surprise me in the slightest if it proved to be true.

All the way through the build, initial contractor Buckingham has proven to be absolutely fucking useless.

Just take a look at the fucking roof cladding; there isn't a straight line anywhere to be seen.

Who drew the lines, measured the angles, cut the cladding? Marty fucking Feldman?

It's an embarrassment.

On 18/08/2023 at 17:41, Red74 said:

There’s loads not been done Baz. Have you seen the roof over the pitch. They were taking about lowering men in harnesses to put the cladding on now all the cranes have gone. Warning signs were showing when the new seats stopped going in. 

Mates saying if another contractor comes in its gonna take at least 2 months to start and looking at a Xmas finish. 

Suppose the Xmas finish goes with them saying it won't open till next year.

About a week or so before the season started, the fucking thing was supposed to be open on the first game! Then it slipped, then they went bust. Even at that point it was supposedly only about 2 months away. And haven't they been back on it since the 1st week in September? It feels like they're going backwards. At this rate we won't see it this season. 

6 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Suppose the Xmas finish goes with them saying it won't open till next year.

About a week or so before the season started, the fucking thing was supposed to be open on the first game! Then it slipped, then they went bust. Even at that point it was supposedly only about 2 months away. And haven't they been back on it since the 1st week in September? It feels like they're going backwards. At this rate we won't see it this season. 

I haven’t heard of the dodgy concrete issue but he told me before last weeks announcement that theyve discovered a shit load of corners have been cut. 

Another lad I know is in charge of building one of the stands at the eyesore on the shore at BMD and he’s saying the young lads there are just taking the piss everyday. All sitting off smoking weed and writing abuse about each other on the walls. He’s stopped going inside now cos he’d sack everyone.

If there was major concrete issue, surely they wouldn't have gotten permission to open the bottom part of the stand. I know that was done previously as its the old part of the stand, but it's all connected now and if there was ANY doubt, they'd not allow anyone work on it, let alone sit in it on match days.

I can see it being a "cutting corners repair exercise",on a few minor issues though.

Let just get it done whenever we can and get it done right.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Red74 said:

I haven’t heard of the dodgy concrete issue but he told me before last weeks announcement that theyve discovered a shit load of corners have been cut. 

Another lad I know is in charge of building one of the stands at the eyesore on the shore at BMD and he’s saying the young lads there are just taking the piss everyday. All sitting off smoking weed and writing abuse about each other on the walls. He’s stopped going inside now cos he’d sack everyone.

Why are things like that at Everton? Recently I've been going past that about once per week and it does look like it's coming along. 

Is that just like what any building site is like anyway now?. I can remember being in London and Tottenham were desperately trying to get their stadium done and I always saw all the workers sitting outside doing fuck all and just eating/on their phones. 

Seems that every building site in Liverpool is like this where everything moves at glacial pace and virtually always stalls at some point. Another scheme on Scotland Road has stalled when it should have been well into phase 2 of the build. 

54 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Why are things like that at Everton? Recently I've been going past that about once per week and it does look like it's coming along. 

Few trades working on the inside of it keep getting their start dates put back. Still on track for handover Dec 24 but laings will cop for big penalties if they go over so will be on a mass recruitment soon.

48 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

Is that just like what any building site is like anyway now?. I can remember being in London and Tottenham were desperately trying to get their stadium done and I always saw all the workers sitting outside doing fuck all and just eating/on their phones. 

Seems that every building site in Liverpool is like this where everything moves at glacial pace and virtually always stalls at some point. Another scheme on Scotland Road has stalled when it should have been well into phase 2 of the build. 

Spurs had a big problem with the electrics & the alarm systems being installed wrong. The sparks all cleaned up going into fix that.

Unless it’s student accommodation, fuck all gets built in Liverpool. The amount of clients I’ve seen getting ripped off after putting deposits down for their kids for off plan apartments that never get built is unreal. We lived on Vauxhall Road and there was a luxury apartment building getting built at the entrance to our estate overlooking the canal. 

Since it got started my 2 youngest kids have gone through full senior school & uni and it’s still standing empty. The smack heads have taken over it now so you can imagine what it’s like inside. Best thing I ever done was get the fuck out. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

How is giving you 1/19th of your ST costs a "reward". So in other words, it's a ten quid voucher you don't want. Not even 10 quid off your next ST. Gobshites. 

The brainstorming session that came up with this would make David Brent blush: "let's make space for those missing out by giving people two days to give up their Everton ticket. In return they get their money back and a £10 voucher that wouldn't buy you a pen in the club shop. If we don't get 4,000 takers, well, at least we tried."

16 minutes ago, deiseach said:

The brainstorming session that came up with this would make David Brent blush: "let's make space for those missing out by giving people two days to give up their Everton ticket. In return they get their money back and a £10 voucher that wouldn't buy you a pen in the club shop. If we don't get 4,000 takers, well, at least we tried."

It's almost like they don't care.

The greedy cunts should never have sold beyond the restricted allocation until they knew it was safe and ready to go. And for a fuck up like this and it's the fucking derby, you'd think they'd hire the arena or something and offer you free tickets. 

I can't quite believe they've only told us this a few days before the game. They'll have known for weeks. 

• Upvote 1

I can't see the stadium being completed as soon as we aould all like it to be.

Any new contractor coming in will be asked to warranty and sign off on the project as a whole otherwise LFC administration will be unable to obtain insurance on it in future or be granted the requisite completion certificates.

The new contractor should (if they are of the correct calibre) carry out due diligence on all elements of the works and if any anomolies arise, report their findings together with costs and timescales for remediation. 

As some have already said, if Buckingham Group were cash strapped, there is a distinct possibilty that specifications may well have been watered down and some of the remedaition work involved will be complex and expensive. 

Any new contractor will be ultra cautious signing off on others work, especially if there is any question over it's quality, therefore there is probaly an element of truth in that report unfortunately. 

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

It's almost like they don't care.

The greedy cunts should never have sold beyond the restricted allocation until they knew it was safe and ready to go. And for a fuck up like this and it's the fucking derby, you'd think they'd hire the arena or something and offer you free tickets. 

I can't quite believe they've only told us this a few days before the game. They'll have known for weeks. 

They've made a right bollocks of it and as usual done sod all of note to attempt to right it. But that is not a shock, the clubs whole attitude and approach to ticketing has been awful for years.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, an tha said:

They've made a right bollocks of it and as usual done sod all of note to attempt to right it. But that is not a shock, the clubs whole attitude and approach to ticketing has been awful for decades.

At least.

1 hour ago, an tha said:

They've made a right bollocks of it and as usual done sod all of note to attempt to right it. But that is not a shock, the clubs whole attitude and approach to ticketing has been awful for years.

It's all beyond ticketing for me. They don't give a fuck about fans. Especially fans who go the game often, as we're the cunts who spend fuck all when we're there and kick off about ticket prices. All they want are daytrippers, so they can dip their pockets to the maximum. 

• Upvote 2