You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roy Hodgson, know your role and shut your mouth

I fucking hope so. In other mentally challenged pundits news, Ian Wright has said that any players who avoid a call up for the national team should be made to phone the parents of a solider who has been killed in Afghanistan and explain them self. No, really.

If you follow all the loose associations that ensue from that bit of lunacy you wind up with Hodgo as Field Marshal Haig, or Colonel Blimp, which makes a weird kind of sense.

I fucking hope so. In other mentally challenged pundits news, Ian Wright has said that any players who avoid a call up for the national team should be made to phone the parents of a solider who has been killed in Afghanistan and explain them self. No, really.

The thought of Michael Dawson or Jermaine Defoe ringing up to comfort you on the death in action of your beloved son doesn't bear thinking about, Ian Wright should be made to go to Afghanistan which would be a much more sensible solution,

Every time I try to write something in response to this I have to delete it because I really can't come up with anything that does this fuckwittery justice.

Italy coach Cesare Prandelli has apparently offered his resignation in the wake of their World Cup exit. Not sure if it's true or whether it has been accepted, but this is a manager who led his team to the Euro 2012 final and at least got 1 win and 3 points at this World Cup. Compare that to Hodgson who had a list of excuses at Euro 2012 to absolve himself of any culpability, and has done the same this time round while insisting that he's still the right man for the job.

• Upvote 1

Italy coach Cesare Prandelli has apparently offered his resignation in the wake of their World Cup exit. Not sure if it's true or whether it has been accepted, but this is a manager who led his team to the Euro 2012 final and at least got 1 win and 3 points at this World Cup. Compare that to Hodgson who had a list of excuses at Euro 2012 to absolve himself of any culpability, and has done the same this time round while insisting that he's still the right man for the job.

not just prandelli. the president of their federation quit too. in England it almost feels like everyone is getting a pat on the back for being shit.
  • Upvote 1

A couple of days after I defend him, he goes and does something like this. Fucking hell.

not just prandelli. the president of their federation quit too. in England it almost feels like everyone is getting a pat on the back for being shit.

Yeah, but as we know, in alternate universe, bizarro Hodgo world, up is down and down is up. Anybody could resign from decency. It takes a real man to stay the course after serving up such a pathetic result.

There's a worrying precedent being set here where Roy is going to become the world's first unsackable football manager. How in the future is it possible to perform worse than this in order to provide the ammunition for his removal? The position now appears monarchical in that for Roy to be succeeded he is either going to have to abdicate or die.

There's a worrying precedent being set here where Roy is going to become the world's first unsackable football manager. How in the future is it possible to perform worse than this in order to provide the ammunition for his removal? The position now appears monarchical in that for Roy to be succeeded he is either going to have to abdicate or die.

You can't just chop and change managers, he needs time to build his own squad and implement his own training regimes, scouting and club infrastructure. Oh wait no this is international football, he doesn't.

What was that thing he said after the match, something along the lines of, 'we made some chances and if we'd scored those, things would have been different.' No shit, Sherlock

He was talking about giving the fans something to cheer about! A boring 0-0 with Costa Rica! I don't know how he gets away with this shit.

He only made those nine changes so that he wouldn't have to suffer the shame of his first choice Xi getting its ass kicked three times. Everything he says and does is designed to either shift blame or lower expectations. But the fucking moronic general public lap it up cos he's nice old Roy and nearly won Fulham a second rate cup one time.