You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roy Hodgson, know your role and shut your mouth

Why do England need an English manager if

a] the English managers in recent times have performed worse than the foreign ones?

b] all the English managers are underqualified and shit?

Free liens ona shirt mate spirit ov 66 don't want nun of ur forin muc

a] the English managers in recent times have performed worse than the foreign ones?

Yeah, but how are English managers going to become qualified for the position if they're not given positions with the national side? It's not like they reside in a country with the most over-populated league format in the world? Chances are slim.

Stuart Pearce was shit before he took on the U21s. 

hqdefault.jpg

"English mangers, right, should be about English. I want English mangers to be about English."

• Upvote 2

normally though the England team is full of players that are used to getting to the later stage of the CL. I don't see that as an adequate reason for failure.

Well,how about that the English players are overrated and nowhere as good as they think they are?

Latter stages of Champions League in teams filled with foreigners seems to back up my point too.

Young fella , works near me, telling his mate earlier. I really like Roy Hodgson seems like a nice bloke and we need some continuity . This kid is not some idiot ( apart from being a Spurs fan) ,goes to matches and follows the game closely  but even after watching that fucking dross against Costa Rica last night he still thinks Hodgson is the man for the job. 

I honestly despair sometimes because there are millions out there who obviously think along the same lines. In a couple of years time when Hodge flops again at the Europeans we will see the scales falling from their eyes but it's so depressing, I think England do have some young players that could potentially come on and become the nucleus of a half decent side but they need enthusing , new possibilities opening up ; in short some inspiration and fire in their bellies. The last man to deliver that is Hodgson.. A tactical dinosaur that has won fuck all , has no charisma and is only picking young players because the old guard have either packed it in , are injured or have been fucked off for calling opponents black cunts.

There's an opportunity being missed now for someone to do something with the England team. It will be too late in a couple of years after Hodgson has taught them winning fuck all is not that bad.

• Upvote 3

This kid is not some idiot ( apart from being a Spurs fan) ,goes to matches and follows the game closely  

there are millions out there who obviously think along the same lines. 

Is it possible that, in spite of the fact he goes to matches and follows the game closely, he is an idiot? And there might be millions?

not just prandelli. the president of their federation quit too. in England it almost feels like everyone is getting a pat on the back for being shit.

The Owl has just been on talkshyte. Utter bollocks and blame shifting from the word go. He got asked some quite blunt questions and started getting the hump. Fair play to them.

From the man at the top:

Football Association chairman Greg Dyke believes Prince Harry could have inspired England to better results if he had attended games against Italy and Uruguay, as well as the final fixture against Costa Rica.

From the man at the top:

Football Association chairman Greg Dyke believes Prince Harry could have inspired England to better results if he had attended games against Italy and Uruguay, as well as the final fixture against Costa Rica.

And with that, the FA are clearly stating that there is no need to analyse the performances of the team and the coaching set-up at the World Cup, or look at ways to improve the team, the coaching set-up or the structure and organisation of the English game as a whole. Things are working absolutely fine. All it needs is for a Royal to turns up to boost English chances and we're laughing right? See you in Russia in 4 years Greg.

And with that, the FA are clearly stating that there is no need to analyse the performances of the team and the coaching set-up at the World Cup, or look at ways to improve the team, the coaching set-up or the structure and organisation of the English game as a whole. Things are working absolutely fine. All it needs is for a Royal to turns up to boost English chances and we're laughing right? See you in Russia in 4 years Greg.

Fucking priceless.

I want to see Prince Phillip at the next game telling us to go and beat the daylights out of Johnny Foreigner ( unless they are playing Greece of course )

The only reason Hodgson picked all the youngsters is it gave him a ready made excuse if we flopped.

I said it to my mate before the tournament started and i may have even said it on here.

He was always going to be manager at the next Euro's regardless of what happened in Rio. And he had his excuse ready.

He shouldnt be anywhere near the managers job. He'd bring a tear to a glass eye with his boring uninspiring team tactics.

Its frankly embarassing that Del Bosque and Prandelli have offered their resignations considering what they have done with their respective national sides and what this clown has produced.

• Upvote 2

The only reason Hodgson picked all the youngsters is it gave him a ready made excuse if we flopped.

I said it to my mate before the tournament started and i may have even said it on here.

He was always going to be manager at the next Euro's regardless of what happened in Rio. And he had his excuse ready.

He shouldnt be anywhere near the managers job. He'd bring a tear to a glass eye with his boring uninspiring team tactics.

Its frankly embarassing that Del Bosque and Prandelli have offered their resignations considering what they have done with their respective national sides and what this clown has produced.

That's Hodgson in a nutshell. Agree with all of it.

An utter fraud.