You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I was considering that the other night, and it's true, isn't it? He's phenomenal.

The World Cup will hang over him I suppose, but it never stopped anyone arguing for George Best.

Greatest since Maradona without question. Between them? Now there's an argument!

You had 29% possession when it was 11-a-side, it's not like Madrid were actually going to score or do anything with 11 anyway.

It wasn't a red and it was over as a contest, that's all. I think the better stat would be the shots on target stat from the same time. Wasn't so black and white on that front.

Finally, it's not "you", okay. I'm a Liverpool supporter for fuck's sake.

Guest barralad
Messi is just amazing. Best player ever. Still only 23. I am going to have to see him playing live, just so I can tell my grandchildren I have.

You had a bet on first goalscorer tonight RiS didnt you?

Guest TK-421

The way I see it Mourinho and RM had it coming with Pepe's sending off. Only one team went out to play football in that first leg, I think we can all guess which one. Barca tried in the first 20 minutes and RM started all the shit with Arbeloa's blatant off the ball body check on Pedro, and it all escalated from there.

It was like Barca said "fine, we'll fight fire with fire and fanny around until one of your lot gets sent off. See how you like it". And it worked a treat. After the sending off, Xavi and Messi immediately seized the initiative and went about winning the game, and the second leg is hopefully a formality now.

Karma's a bitch, eh Jose?

I'm especially pleased because I think Barca have a much better chance of beating the mancs than RM. The mancs won't be set up or play like RM did tonight, because they won't know how. That will leave a more open game and the likes of Xavi and Messi can do more damage that way.

I'm glad RM lost. I'm glad Arbeloa lost cos he's turned into a cynical dickhead when he could get on with being a good defender. I'm glad Alonso lost because it avoids the inevitable frapfest on here. And most of all I'm glad Mourinho lost and had to sit in the stands looking like a loser, again, as the world watched on.

Enjoy your crushed Copa del Rey, wankers.

Guest San Don

el classico? el fucking shitio more like. Im glad I havent watched many of these games cos they are fucking boring, tedious shite.

The 2 biggest clubs in Spain and the game is like a fucking sunday league match only the sunday league players dont piss about or act the goat.

Still, I hope whoever win beats the shit out of united.

Guest TK-421
el classico? el fucking shitio more like. Im glad I havent watched many of these games cos they are fucking boring, tedious shite.

The 2 biggest clubs in Spain and the game is like a fucking sunday league match only the sunday league players dont piss about or act the goat.

Still, I hope whoever win beats the shit out of united.

I agree but, to be fair, it was worth tolerating all of the dreary anti-football and playacting just to bear witness to Messi's goal.