You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cancer

withnail71

I saw this earlier on & wasn't sure what to say (how could anyone), Colin I never met you or verbally spoke to you so I'm not sure whether anything I post could be of any help at all. But please let me try.

This is a time when you need to keep your friends & family as close as possible, they'll need you as much as you need them, never be afraid to show your emotions & never be afraid to ask for help.

I'm struggling to think of anything meaningful now so let me just tell you, (for what its worth) I've got you & yours in my thoughts, please look after yourself.    Rest In Peace Carly.

Barry.

• Upvote 6

Oh Colin. I'm so sorry to hear this. You've been a real tower of strength for the brave, beautiful woman you love. You have the admiration and respect of so many people on here. You need to keep strong for your family, but most of all for yourself. But if you need a hand, you know what to do. xx

Couldn't possibly put it any better than this. Terrible news Col, my most heartfelt of condolences.

Love is stronger than death. It endures.

What you had, what you felt, what you still have and still feel can never, ever be taken from you. Cherish every second that you spent together.

Carly touched many peoples lives, enriching them, bringing love and joy. That's very real and very tangible and very, very wonderful.

• Upvote 3

Oh shit a brick, I dreaded opening this when I saw it move up. Can only echo what everyone has said, but will only add. The pain you feel now, will be replaced with treasured memories of the time you've spent together - the happy times, and the sad, wish you all the best

I've stayed out of this thread because every time I tried to write a message of support, it felt like it was coming across as a collection of trite platitudes; after all, you've never met me and don't know me from Adam outside of these forums.

However, you, your friends and your family are in my thoughts - keep them close and remember they are there for you. You can't do this alone, and neither can they.

• Upvote 1

Carly couldn't have had anyone better with her during her fight.

This. No-one who has followed what you have been through can have failed to have been humbled and inspired by the way you responded to the diagnosis of Carly's cancer right through to the very end. It is a privilege to know you...

....even when you are being a cunt ;)

• Upvote 1