You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cancer

withnail71

It's fucking shit, cancer. Mrs Paul's sister had a mastectomy on Wednesday. I thought me and mine were dodging it, but no. That said, it went well and the signs are good for a lack of metastasis. Still a fucking wrong 'un of a disease though.

Jesus, mate, I'd forgotten about that aspect of your story.

Slap on the wrist for her?

I'd give the cunt more than a slap.

She's trying to claim munchausens but there's too much financial fraud going on as well for her to get away with it.

She also stole the identity of a pharmacist and got a job in Bristol. The chemists didn't realise until a shitload of drugs went missing.

Last night I got a text from Colin's Mum. We hadnt spoken before but she had got my number from his brother.

She wanted to find out how she could pass on her thanks to everyone who has supported the 'stubborn old bastard,' I think she affectionately called him. She later emailed me and to Colin's eternal embarrassment here are her words...

To all the friends Colin has met on Liverpool Way, and all the people who sent good wishes, kind thoughts, and prayers please can I say how much it has meant to him, to me, his brother and everyone else in the family.You cannot imagine what the kindness of "strangers" means in such difficult times. Your generosity when Colin and Carly were married was astonishing and so, so appreciated.We have always known that Carly was fighting an impossible battle against a truly awful disease. Carly is now in St Peter's hospice in Bristol; a really, really wonderful place where staff and volunteers are so good and kind. Colin has taken a month off work, unpaid leave, to be with Carly every hour of every day. He has moved into the hospice with Carly and is sleeping on a reclining chair in her room.They are both amazing people and I will be in so much trouble for saying this about him!I understand that you have had another collection to raise funds to help them through this difficult time. Thank you all again for your endless kindness and generosity and please, please know that having people like all of you in Colin's life has helped so, so much. Chrisi (Colin's Mum).

I hope this is OK, and I know Colin will be mad at me for saying he is amazing, and I so do not praise my boys, but he has been brilliant. Colin and Carly are both wonderful people and should so not be facing this horrible battle. Thank you again for all you, and all the people on Liverpool Way, have done. Please know that having this kind of support has meant so, so much.

Chrisi ( Colin's Mum)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Last night I got a text from Colin's Mum. We hadnt spoken before but she had got my number from his brother.

She wanted to find out how she could pass on her thanks to everyone who has supported the 'stubborn old bastard,' I think she affectionately called him. She later emailed me and to Colin's eternal embarrassment here are her words...

To all the friends Colin has met on Liverpool Way, and all the people who sent good wishes, kind thoughts, and prayers please can I say how much it has meant to him, to me, his brother and everyone else in the family.You cannot imagine what the kindness of "strangers" means in such difficult times. Your generosity when Colin and Carly were married was astonishing and so, so appreciated.We have always known that Carly was fighting an impossible battle against a truly awful disease. Carly is now in St Peter's hospice in Bristol; a really, really wonderful place where staff and volunteers are so good and kind. Colin has taken a month off work, unpaid leave, to be with Carly every hour of every day. He has moved into the hospice with Carly and is sleeping on a reclining chair in her room.They are both amazing people and I will be in so much trouble for saying this about him!I understand that you have had another collection to raise funds to help them through this difficult time. Thank you all again for your endless kindness and generosity and please, please know that having people like all of you in Colin's life has helped so, so much. Chrisi (Colin's Mum).

I hope this is OK, and I know Colin will be mad at me for saying he is amazing, and I so do not praise my boys, but he has been brilliant. Colin and Carly are both wonderful people and should so not be facing this horrible battle. Thank you again for all you, and all the people on Liverpool Way, have done. Please know that having this kind of support has meant so, so much.

Chrisi ( Colin's Mum)

Negged.

• Upvote 5