You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

I find him to be an absolutely unfunny bellend but not for the reasons you would assume. He’s either a blue thinking he’s clever winding reds up which he isn’t or he’s a red thinking he’s funny taking off blues which he also isn’t. It’s just bizarre.

When you haven't signed anyone and der redshite have, what better way to distract the Blueshite than getting the Echo to print a legendary Big Dunc tale:

Former Blue Paddy Boyle - who came through the club’s youth ranks but failed to make an appearance - has signed for Peterhead recently and was invited onto the Tell Him He’s Pele podcast.

While there, the Scot told this cracking - if true - story about current Everton coach Duncan Ferguson: “Me and a boy from Ireland were up in the canteen and Big Dunc was sitting on his own, eating whatever he wanted.

The fitness coach, an Italian guy named Stefano, was saying ‘you can’t eat that, you’re eating too much, you’re injured’ and Big Dunc goes ‘listen Stefano, say another word and I’m going to batter you’ and we’re sitting there thinking he’s kidding on.

“Stefano keeps chirping at him and he’s walking over to him and he goes ‘Stefano don’t take another step’ and I’m like that, ‘he’s going to go for him here’. “Stefano keeps walking over and boom, he’s picked up a big table that sits about eight, he’s chucked the table at him and he’s running after him.

“Stefano’s on the floor now, he’s Italian but he’s a big soft guy, just a fitness coach and Ferguson’s grabbed him by the throat. By now Sue the receptionist has heard what is going on and she’s running up the stairs shouting ‘no Duncan’.

“By now me and my mate are sitting there and we can’t believe what is going and there’s other stories like that. I believe he had a few like that with the gaffer himself. He was a nice guy but there was a switch there.”

Before we all start going OTT on our transfer dealings, here’s SteveO from GOT to bring us all back down to earth. .................................

Falcao and depay outscored Fekir That's just a fact. I think Balotelli was close. Three PL flops. Well mediocre at best. Martial hasn't set this league alight either. Bakayoko too....it's not looking promising. If i was a red then I'd be worried about spending so much on a player in that league. Especially with a net debt approaching £300m.

Lookman looked the superior player to Keita. Again that's just a fact. A small sample of games but no doubt who most coaches would want if those games alone were taken into account. He found the German league too much for him at times and had a fairly worrying disciplinary record, one struggles to see how that'll be improved when he moves here. Again, it's a large outlay on an unproven hothead.

Fabinho, he looks like a French Carlton Palmer....again he's coming from the French league. It's a worry.

Especially as the defence needs to be replaced wholesale. VVD is a donkey with no footballing brain, Robertson surprised everyone by not being awful but he's still an average player, Lovren lol, Karius lol lol lol lol lol , Arnold is another who is quite uninspiring despite the hype.

Matip isn't bad.

Don't forgot you had Coutinho for half the season, also that curly haired pace merchant isn't having another season like that as long as he lives, if he even recovers from the GBH inflicted on him by that Spanish thug.

Defence is weak and and thinly covered. There's the fact VVD is undroppable despite being a bit of a liability if we're honest. Not much to replace him with.

The CL campaign wasn't gruelling, practically given a bye to the semis then helped by incompetent officials and outclassed in the final.

Why are you putting so much faith in two signings who are from a league that's renowned for producing flops? Serious question btw. I'm not understanding the hype.

brilliant this is a red on the windup or a mentally unstable blue

I know or have known plenty of Evertonians who would talk like that.

Lineker was better than Rush

Peter Reid better than Souness

Wonder where the fella is who said Jelavic was better than Suarez is these days?

To be fair, Lineker was a great goalscorer.

He'd have scored absolutely shedloads if he'd been in our side at that time.

Better than Rush though?

Nah.

When you haven't signed anyone and der redshite have, what better way to distract the Blueshite than getting the Echo to print a legendary Big Dunc tale:

Former Blue Paddy Boyle - who came through the club’s youth ranks but failed to make an appearance - has signed for Peterhead recently and was invited onto the Tell Him He’s Pele podcast.

While there, the Scot told this cracking - if true - story about current Everton coach Duncan Ferguson: “Me and a boy from Ireland were up in the canteen and Big Dunc was sitting on his own, eating whatever he wanted.

The fitness coach, an Italian guy named Stefano, was saying ‘you can’t eat that, you’re eating too much, you’re injured’ and Big Dunc goes ‘listen Stefano, say another word and I’m going to batter you’ and we’re sitting there thinking he’s kidding on.

“Stefano keeps chirping at him and he’s walking over to him and he goes ‘Stefano don’t take another step’ and I’m like that, ‘he’s going to go for him here’. “Stefano keeps walking over and boom, he’s picked up a big table that sits about eight, he’s chucked the table at him and he’s running after him.

“Stefano’s on the floor now, he’s Italian but he’s a big soft guy, just a fitness coach and Ferguson’s grabbed him by the throat. By now Sue the receptionist has heard what is going on and she’s running up the stairs shouting ‘no Duncan’.

“By now me and my mate are sitting there and we can’t believe what is going and there’s other stories like that. I believe he had a few like that with the gaffer himself. He was a nice guy but there was a switch there.”

These stories about Druncan make him come over as some Poundland Begbie. Yet the bloos seem to think it's all hilarious japes rather than indicative of what must be seriously disturbing mental issues. What an odd bunch.

• Upvote 1

SteveO is a very knowledgeable student of the game of football. His words carry weight. A football aficionado.

I particularly like the bit where he refers to Fábio Henrique Tavares (aka Fabinho), born in Campinas, Brazil, a player who has pulled on the Brazil national shirt four times, as the "French Carlton Palmer."

He's definitely someone who knows their stuff, as opposed to being a shit waffling thundercunt...

• Upvote 2

Before we all start going OTT on our transfer dealings, here’s SteveO from GOT to bring us all back down to earth. .................................

Falcao and depay outscored Fekir That's just a fact. I think Balotelli was close. Three PL flops. Well mediocre at best. Martial hasn't set this league alight either. Bakayoko too....it's not looking promising. If i was a red then I'd be worried about spending so much on a player in that league. Especially with a net debt approaching £300m.

Lookman looked the superior player to Keita. Again that's just a fact. A small sample of games but no doubt who most coaches would want if those games alone were taken into account. He found the German league too much for him at times and had a fairly worrying disciplinary record, one struggles to see how that'll be improved when he moves here. Again, it's a large outlay on an unproven hothead.

Fabinho, he looks like a French Carlton Palmer....again he's coming from the French league. It's a worry.

Especially as the defence needs to be replaced wholesale. VVD is a donkey with no footballing brain, Robertson surprised everyone by not being awful but he's still an average player, Lovren lol, Karius lol lol lol lol lol , Arnold is another who is quite uninspiring despite the hype.

Matip isn't bad.

Don't forgot you had Coutinho for half the season, also that curly haired pace merchant isn't having another season like that as long as he lives, if he even recovers from the GBH inflicted on him by that Spanish thug.

Defence is weak and and thinly covered. There's the fact VVD is undroppable despite being a bit of a liability if we're honest. Not much to replace him with.

The CL campaign wasn't gruelling, practically given a bye to the semis then helped by incompetent officials and outclassed in the final.

Why are you putting so much faith in two signings who are from a league that's renowned for producing flops? Serious question btw. I'm not understanding the hype.

He is slacking in his work...

One of his weaker efforts that.

These stories about Druncan make him come over as some Poundland Begbie. Yet the bloos seem to think it's all hilarious japes rather than indicative of what must be seriously disturbing mental issues. What an odd bunch.

But are then outraged by the slightest thing any of our players do or need counselling if a Kopite throws a can of Koppaberg at a bus.

• Upvote 1