You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

Reading deducted 6 points in 2021

Birmingham City deducted 9 points In 2019

Sheffield Wednesday 12 but ended up 6 In 2021

Derby 21 points This season 

Wigan Athletic 12 points in 2021

Luton 30 points in 2009

A lot of these clubs had losses but obviously none as big as Everton. The majority of clubs ended up relegated. 

21 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

All I know is that whatever happens to them be it financial, relegation, a nuclear attack from Russia, the sun exploding... it will be our fault 

A bit of a challenge for them to pin this on us, but I'm sure they'll find a way.

Screenshot_2022-03-09-13-13-04-78_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg

27 minutes ago, dave u said:

They're trying to do what City have been doing, only they forgot one important thing. You need to cook the books so you're declaring big profits. These daft bastards are declaring record breaking losses every year. What do they think is going to happen?

If you're going to spend money you don't legally have under FFP requirements, you need to cover that up with loads of blag, overly inflated sponsorship deals so you're still profitable.

Instead of wasting so much money sacking managers, they should pay for a better accountant.

Nope. These guys are field attuned to finding grey areas, I'll have you know.

13 hours ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

They did win numerous transfer windows though. Can never take that away from them.

Remember when your head fell off?

Alan Stubbs is loving Everton's transfer business this summer - and believes cross-Park rivals Liverpool are “envious” of his old club’s business.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/lierpool-fans-jealous-everton-says-13312946

Some of Everton's summer signings ... so far

24 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

Any points deduction would likely be applied next season.

Everton in League One in 23/24?

I still suspect that they'll find three teams worse than them this year, but then have to sell anyone they can find a buyer for. Even without a points deduction, next year would be The One; with a points deduction it just becomes a 38-week funeral march.

10 minutes ago, Jarvinja Ilnow said:

Remember when your head fell off?

Alan Stubbs is loving Everton's transfer business this summer - and believes cross-Park rivals Liverpool are “envious” of his old club’s business.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/lierpool-fans-jealous-everton-says-13312946

Some of Everton's summer signings ... so far

The summer we bought Salah, Robbo and Ox.

So, so envious.

27 minutes ago, Anubis said:

The Esk says not. It’s a battle of the Twitterati.

That's just bollocks and bravado in my opinion. Im pretty certain 4 or 5 clubs around everton at the bottom of the league will be looking at this news and going 'WTF? They think they can just negotiate and avoid any sanction when we've played by the rules?'

• Upvote 1

When in doubt, play the race card...

I’m usually completely against this but….

Time for Moshiri to play the race card. He is British citizen but is being made out to be some kind of evil axis oligarch. He should come out with a statement saying he’s sick of being singled out and made out to be some horror.

If I were him I’d do a press release saying I think some of the insinuations against me are bordering on racist/prejudiced. During that I’d be pointing out the fact that other clubs have had sponsors who’ve fallen fouls of sanctions (like Standard Chartered) and it is a disgrace that the only club in the north west owned by a British citizen is being hammered in the media.

Finally I’d point out in that statement that the media is full of people who do not wish Everton well and that it needs regulation. That the club will actively seek regulation of the media and will make representations to the government if some fairness isn’t implemented.

Bascombe
Darren Lewis
Oliver Kay
Rory Smith
Tony Evans
Tyler
Beglin
Redknapp
Carragher
Owen
Souness
Macmanaman
Hansen
Murphy

This is what we’re up against and what needs to be highlighted by the club.

7 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Props once more to whoever ‘Big Duncs Fod’ is over on GOT. Time and again things from this thread get put on there, word for word, and still nobody’s calling him a murdering, Redshite bastard. 

That’s because he’s snitching on murdering redshite bastards.

Leeds should kick off if Everton get cut any slack. I think in 2007 or 2008 Leeds were nearly expelled from the Football League altogether but ended up getting a 15 point penalty which fucked up their promotion hopes. 

The year before they were given a 10 point penalty and were relegated to the third tier. 

Absolutely no way should Leeds let them get away with it. I know most of us on here hate Leeds but Everton shouldn't be allowed to get away with it if others have been punished and almost folded. 

6 hours ago, Preston Red said:

Fuck 'em.

It's come round now to bite them on the arse when they celebrated us being on the verge and joined together with those Manc cunts to send social media posts to FSG, telling them not to invest in us as we were "murderers".

If a points deduction does happen, I can feel a double measure of JD Single Barrel passing my lips and a quadruple for when they finally drop.

Exactly. I remember around the time Gillette and Hicks were our owners and all the smug Evertonians were saying you shouldn't live beyond your means and laughing at how they were wrecking the Club and crippling it with the interest payments. They also sneered at us for protesting instead of just sitting there being all passive. 

Loads of them wanted us to be wrapped up and were rubbing their hands in glee at the prospect if it happening. 

• Upvote 2