You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Lucas - more tackles than any OTHER PL player

Guest San Don

He played more than 30 PL games last season and has done so several times during his career.

Was only fit to start 30 of them though. So with him missing about a 1/4 of a season and Gerrard missing about a 1/4 of a season we should have strength in #'s in the sick bay. Throw Fabio in and we can pretty much guarantee 100% coverage from central midfielders on the medical staff.

My preference would be to go for someone who isn't older and injury prone personally, but each to their own.

Exactly, he was 21 the last time he managed a whole season.

Lets get some perspective here.

How many midfielders started more than 30 PL in one season during Rafa`s 6 years here?

In his 5 first seasons Gerrard did it 4 times and Kuyt once if you see him as a midfielder.

In his last season all four of Gerrard, Kuyt, Mascherano and Lucas reached 30 PL games, considering how shite we were last year I`m not sure the point you try to argue is important at all.

Parker has started 28, 29, 28, 17, 28, 26, 1, 27, 27,28, 36, 15 in his 12 seasons as a PL player and that is more than enough to be a valuable asset in a competitive PL squad.

Lets get some perspective here.

How many midfielders started more than 30 PL in one season during Rafa`s 6 years here?

In his 5 first seasons Gerrard did it 4 times and Kuyt once if you see him as a midfielder.

In his last season all four of Gerrard, Kuyt, Mascherano and Lucas reached 30 PL games, considering how shite we were last year I`m not sure the point you try to argue is important at all.

Parker has started 28, 29, 28, 17, 28, 26, 1, 27, 27,28, 36, 15 in his 12 seasons as a PL player and that is more than enough to be a valuable asset in a competitive PL squad.

He's old and has dodgy knees. Valuable asset. Surely. A wise investment. Probably not.

Perspective if something you generally apply to all sides of the argument Code, not just your own.

You highlight our central midfielders under Rafa yet apply nothing to them facts. Nothing to do with rotation or anything like that. Barring his time at Chelsea if Parker is available he has played, 95% of the time. You can see that by his less than numerous sub appearences over the years.

You have also, predictably, failed to answer the direct question of whether you think that a simple change of Parker for Lucas in the summer would've seen us up in the top 4 area?

Perspective if something you generally apply to all sides of the argument Code, not just your own.

You highlight our central midfielders under Rafa yet apply nothing to them facts. Nothing to do with rotation or anything like that. Barring his time at Chelsea if Parker is available he has played, 95% of the time. You can see that by his less than numerous sub appearences over the years.

You have also, predictably, failed to answer the direct question of whether you think that a simple change of Parker for Lucas in the summer would've seen us up in the top 4 area?

I thought I had been pretty clear about that one.

My point is that if you have a player who is playing around 30 PL games a season thats more than good enough and you cant say his injuries are a problem.

Obviously not.

My point is that if you have a player who is playing around 30 PL games a season thats more than good enough and you cant say his injuries are a problem.

It averages out at 25 for the last 12 seaons, that you earlier quoted I think. I'd want someone to be more available than 25 outta 38 if he is to be an important part. Especially given the original debate that brought him into this was a direct replacement and therefore vastly important in terms of appearences.

Guest TesticleOReilly

Still no answer, then, Squirmy?

It averages out at 25 for the last 12 seaons, that you earlier quoted I think. I'd want someone to be more available than 25 outta 38 if he is to be an important part. Especially given the original debate that brought him into this was a direct replacement and therefore vastly important in terms of appearences.

Since Parker became a regular this is the amount of PL games he has started during a season.

28, 29, 28, 17, 28, 26, 1, 27, 27,28, 36.

He missed one whole season through injury and remember these are starts, only someone who did not really understand stats would think Parker only would be availible for 25 games a season, he has started more than 25 games in 9 out of 11 seasons and he missed almost one whole season with injury so that season does not really tell us anything about his average.

He played more than 30 PL games last season and has done so several times during his career.

Parker has started 28, 29, 28, 17, 28, 26, 1, 27, 27,28, 36, 15 in his 12 seasons as a PL player

My point is that if you have a player who is playing around 30 PL games a season

Since Parker became a regular this is the amount of PL games he has started during a season.

28, 29, 28, 17, 28, 26, 1, 27, 27,28, 36.

He missed one whole season through injury and remember these are starts, only someone who did not really understand stats would think Parker only would be availible for 25 games a season, he has started more than 25 games in 9 out of 11 seasons and he missed almost one whole season with injury so that season does not really tell us anything about his average.

Christ man, pick an arguement will yer. Starts, played, 11 seasons or 12. Does it really fuckin' matter?

The stat I gave, which was as pointless as any of the ones you stated, was that he has appeared in 25 games during the last 12 seasons. Be they starts or not.

Maybe he was available for more, many not. I don't really care. One thing I do consider to be interesting though, is whether you think that a direct swap of Lucas Leiva and Scott Parker in the summer of 2010 would have lead Liverpool Football Club we'd be top 4 better off or not?

It really is a straight forward question. You can continue to hide behind "I've made that clear" or "he's started, played in x amount" if you really want to but I can't be fucked to carry on this debate. It's proper pointless.

Guest TesticleOReilly
How do you read this?

I read that as you not answering Iantn's question. Which you haven't done. 'cause you like talking bullshit and numbers and percentages and condescensions, but are a incredibly giant fanny when it comes down to actually answering a straight request. 'cause all you have is percentages.

Although I do rate Lucas and he has improved a lot over the last season or so, a player such as Parker illustrates the step up in class and more the kind of player we need to compete at the highest level. Ideally id like to see Mvilla paired with Meriles and Lucas a regular squad player filling in when needed.

It really is a straight forward question. You can continue to hide behind "I've made that clear" or "he's started, played in x amount" if you really want to but I can't be fucked to carry on this debate. It's proper pointless.

When I say there are nothing Lucas can do that Parker cant do, but there are loads of things Parker can do that Lucas cant do I sort of thought I did not need to spell it out for you any clearer than that.

Of course we would be better off with Parker in our team instead of Lucas, he is a superior player so thats fuckin bleedin obvious.

When I say there are nothing Lucas can do that Parker cant do, but there are loads of things Parker can do that Lucas cant do I sort of thought I did not need to spell it out for you any clearer than that.

Of course we would be better off with Parker in our team instead of Lucas, he is a superior player so thats fuckin bleedin obvious.

Am interested to know what you think Parker has in abundance to play the holding role that is beyond Lucas? Granted your opinion of Lucas is ridiculously low, but still.