You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Favourite ever non-Liverpool Premiership player

Section_31

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Zola. Not only a great footballer but a man of integrity. He could have named his price to stay when Abramovich took over but walked away because of a commitment he gave to his own local club.

I also have a fondness for Veron. Absolutely shite for the Mancs and then managed to go and be absolutely shite for the Chavs as well.

Bergkamp is a snide fucker, brought through the school of cheating dirty cuntiness of Wenger.

He never thought twice about putting an elbow in here and a few studs in there, horrible player.

Yeah no one ever fouled before Wenger or Bergkamp got here. First thing I think when I think of Arsenal is their physical presence, it's always been that way .....

interesting & tough question.

not sure i've ever had a 'favourite' non liverpool player playing in England. Lots that i tolerate & begrudginly admire but i can't say there was/is any I really genuinely liked.

Best way to possibly think about it is who was a great player who least fucked me off. Answer to that is Zola or Di Canio. Two different characters, both hugely influential in their own way & both immensly talented & brought great moments to the PL.

Shearer

Henry

Juninho

Gazza.

In England it would be Le Tissier or Henry. Bergkamp was also excellent. (Yes, that's 2 arsenal players there from me). Abroad it has to be Batistuta. The goals. The hair.

I can't help but notice my question favourite Premiership player has been reinterpreted as list all your favourite players from across Europea - and indeed the world - during any era.

I may have to deploy the negs - repeat, deploy the negs.

Gary neville!

Reasons :

He is honest he said he hates scousers, hes a manc so thats what they do! and when he ran the length of the ptch at OT

I would love to do the same if i played against manutd.

He has won every honour gave 100% any time he played

He is not the best technically but will battle to the end,

better then a lot of the bsdge kissing scum we get as footballers know.

Zola is my all time fav but then Le Tiss, Vialli, Okocha, Kinkladze.

Re Bergkamp I think what Code is saying is that he had a nasty side - sent off more than once for stuff like stamping on opponents (once V us I think), elbowing opponents ..etc and so for that reason cannot be put on the same pedestal as Zola - obviously he was a very skillful player but if we're talkng Arsenal personally I rate Henry higher

Gary neville!

Reasons :

He is honest he said he hates scousers, hes a manc so thats what they do! and when he ran the length of the ptch at OT

I would love to do the same if i played against manutd.

He has won every honour gave 100% any time he played

He is not the best technically but will battle to the end,

better then a lot of the bsdge kissing scum we get as footballers know.

Once again...

rkelly_wtf.gif

Bergkamp is a snide fucker, brought through the school of cheating dirty cuntiness of Wenger.

He never thought twice about putting an elbow in here and a few studs in there, horrible player.

Nearly all great players have a bit of the devil about them but you can't take it away from Bergkamp. He was the nearest thing i've seen to the king in this country. And thats the best compliment I could pay anyone.

Ronaldo regardless of who he played for was some player in the prem. He carried the cunts for 2 seasons before he left.