You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Favourite ever non-Liverpool Premiership player

Section_31

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bergkamp. Because he was just fucking incredible with a ball at his feet.

Yeah this , As soon as i saw the thread title theres only one option for me.

The skill of the man just took the piss , the definition of world class.

The goal where he flicked it back to goal spun Dabizas and precision finished into the corner is just pure artistry ,one of the best goals ever.

Also have to mention Le Tissier , his dvd of his career goals must be hell of a watch.

Being from close to Southampton area i went to the Dell many times as a kid and always looked forward to watching him play apart from when Liverpool were in town , first ever live game i watched he and Rod Wallace destroyed us 4-1 Beardsley with the token penalty.

I know he was a bit of a show pony and a smooth bastard but i always thought Ginola was class. Mainly during his Newcastle days but carried it on at Spurs too. Some of his goals took the piss.

And as much as i hated Chelsea i loved watching Poyet and Zola. Proper goalscoring midfielders. Overmars and Pires were class at Arsenal too.

But the best ever player the league has ever seen is Thierry Henry for me, the level he maintained throughout his career here was unreal. Shearer comes close but Henry's ability to do something out of nothing shades it.

I hate Brum, always have and not just the team so when I say Dugarry was a player, I mean it. Says it all about how underrated he is that he's not got a youtube vid, actually that could just be that electricity hasn't come to Brum yet.

Superb player, amazing technique.

I always had a begrudging respect for Pires's talent. Hell of a footballer.

Shearer is also a great shout, Bergkamp, Zola too.

My god Giggs annoys the shit out of me and it pains me to say it, he has been fucking quality. Kept himself in great nick too. Obviously his recent awards are a joke given his overall contribution in recent years. But still a great player, could never be a favourite due to his club though.