You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2011

Kopite Pete

I don't think anyone knows anything concrete about this summer but I get the feeling with FSG, Comolli & Kenny that if the right players were available they'd have no problem spending very heavily.

I don't mean cost wise because I do agree that the right option will be taken without thinking of the cost as much. It's more the fact that I think we'll sign Downing plus on of those mentioned in the last few posts.

Might be completely wrong but that's the impression I've got so far despite us being told nothing for deffo.

3 goals all season? Pah.

I don't want to stake my entire reputation on it but I've good reason to think that something is going on. An ITK on RAWK posted a thread, it got locked, he then showed evidence to the mods and they unlocked it. Suggests something is going on.

I don't want to stake my entire reputation on it but I've good reason to think that something is going on. An ITK on RAWK posted a thread, it got locked, he then showed evidence to the mods and they unlocked it. Suggests something is going on.

why does it? sorry but that doesnt indicate something is going on just because someone posted it on rawk

Villa will want and try to get top dollar for Downing (like they did with Milner) Especially with Young also leaving. At £10-12m he'd be a decent signing but I reckon Villa will hold out for nearer 20m. Will we go that high? I suppose we did for Carroll although circumstances now different & time is more on our side.

They lock every thread, so it's a little suspicious why they would unlock one. They get PM'd the source and if it's credible they unlock the thread. Which leads me to think how do they know the PM is credible " unlock the thread Kiddas it's all good I live on the same street as Gerrard's MA if you dont believe me here's me postcode fucking google map it".

So here are the wingers being mooted ; Young

Perroti

Mata

Downing

Hazard

I think we'll end up with Mata and Downing.

Obviously the first choices of the list would be Hazard and Mata, but I'm skeptical as to if Hazard will move at all next season. Will say though that if he moves we're his best options in terms of playing time, even if we aren't in the CL with signings like those two we'd be pretty set to make it into it next season. If not Hazard then I'd prefer Mata and Perroti, I don't rate Downing much and I think he'll cost too much as well.

Villa will want and try to get top dollar for Downing (like they did with Milner) Especially with Young also leaving. At £10-12m he'd be a decent signing but I reckon Villa will hold out for nearer 20m. Will we go that high? I suppose we did for Carroll although circumstances now different & time is more on our side.

As well as time being on our side it's important to note that Downing is turning 27 in the summer, while Carroll just turned 22 in January. I think FSG and Comolli will be more more inclined to spend over the top on young talent if need be rather than older talent. A four or five year contract sees Downing potentially up for sale around 31 or 32, not exactly ideal if we're looking to shift him at that time.

Although Twitter is genrally shite, there are a lot of journalists on there which do post some credible stuff and they obviously have some inside info. If there's any whiff of any truth in a transfer story, it will come from Twitter first. Its just sorting the 1% of truth in amongst 99% bullshit. For LFC transferes I expect the club to keep the rumour-mill water tight, until the deals are done.

Guest PurpleNose
Iantn: 22 year old left/right winger from Sevilla. Bargain at that price.

What's he like with his:

Crossing?

Dribbling?

Ability to beat a man?

*Any player, past or present, he is comparable to?

Very good at dribbling, pretty quick as well. Crossing is a bit inconsistent. Capable of playing as a second striker as well as out wide.

Really struggling to think of a player he's similar to.

Perhaps shares some similarities with Kalou. Although I think Perotti is a more natural runner with the ball. Probably because he's shorter, and seems to have better balance.

Iantn: 22 year old left/right winger from Sevilla. Bargain at that price.

What's he like with his:

Crossing?

Dribbling?

Ability to beat a man?

*Any player, past or present, he is comparable to?

Very good at dribbling, pretty quick as well. Crossing is a bit inconsistent. Capable of playing as a second striker as well as out wide.

Really struggling to think of a player he's similar to.

Perhaps shares some similarities with Kalou. Although I think Perotti is a more natural runner with the ball. Probably because he's shorter, and seems to have better balance.

Pretty much agree with this analysis of his game, although I don't see the Kalou comparison. Not sure who I'd suggest as a better example though.

What was the evidence i wonder? A picture of his willy?

Love that Youtube clip - lots of running up and down the wing, no end product and they lost the game - I thought Youtube was supposed to flatter players?

There's another one against Barca where he delivers plenty of crosses into the box, and generally looks a right handfull.

That'll do me! Get him signed!

Love that Youtube clip - lots of running up and down the wing, no end product and they lost the game - I thought Youtube was supposed to flatter players?

Didn't watch it in all honesty, and just selected the first one for the post. He is pretty good like.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

He is more than capable of ripping the shit out of most right-backs in the league. He has the pace, guile and low centre of gravity to leave most people standing. He is raw though. Needs somebody to help him out. Could be a bargain.

He is more than capable of ripping the shit out of most right-backs in the league. He has the pace, guile and low centre of gravity to leave most people standing. He is raw though. Needs somebody to help him out. Could be a bargain.

I'd hope a more regular starting berth would sort some of that rawness out.