You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Torres mega-thread

cole7

I dont know why but all being well the suarez deal goes through, i am so pumped up and hoping this lad does it, he has all my faith in him now.

Feel nothing actually, dont know if its because since 7 tonight been waiting to see anything official so its not a shock to me.

I just repeat what already said, we are Liverpool Football Club, 5 european cups, 18 titles and a team that is on its way up with Kenny at the helm and owners who have no put a foot wrong. Any bastard that thinks they are better than the club please leave so we can build our club. Thanks...

In agreement. We can become a better team with the money from his sale, it just hurts that he was a legend in the making for this club, and they aren't easily purchased.

From cfcnet

Fernando Torres - CFCnet Forums - Page 214

Torres is not the Torres of 2008, when he was probably the best striker in the world. He has lost a yard of pace and his physical edge. In a striker this is crucial.

If we give them £40-45m + Sturridge we're mugs, and Liverpool will be pissing themselves for years to come.

Interesting take - and one which I will cling onto in desperation.

This bid has Roman's stamp all over it. I doubt it has anything to do with anyone else. He has a man crush on his poster boy and he's pulling out the stops, just like he did with another crock, Shevchenko.

Milan are still pissing themselves over that.

I'm torn bewtween fucking him of and making him stay until the summer.

Head says fuck him off now and get the dosh, get rid of those who are not 100% behind the cause.

Heart says make him stay and sell on our terms next Summer. Make him face the fans who idolised him as much as any other man in our history.

If he goes he goes...fantastic player when he's in the mood, but he's been no better than Darren Bent or say Jermaine Defoe the last two years.

If we can get money thats being talked about, take it, thank him for his 4years of service, and move on..

No point in bad mouthing him, football's football. These things happen. I just hope in time, if he does go to Chelsea, he will look back at this time and regret ever leaving us.

He will never recieve the support like he has had here, no matter where he goes.

Fuck him. This is Liverpool. Liverpool FC. The club that every other club he has ever known has aspired to be. He'll never feel the same emotions when he goes elsewhere. He could have had it all. Because this is Liverpool. And as sure as my blood is red and my heart pumps strong we will win again. We will rise from where we are now in the depths of despair and conquer the world.

Because we are Liverpool FC.

He could have had it all.

He could have been up there with Dalglish..

Fuck him

I admire that sentiment, and wish I could feel the same but whatever way you look at it we rely on him a lot and he is a figurehead for us. I only hope that if he's going this transfer window then he goes tomorrow and we spend every last penny of his fee on top quality signings before the window shuts.

'You wanted top class signings 'Nando', well here you go...oh sorry you paid for them...'

And give Suarez his no.9 shirt.

In agreement. We can become a better team with the money from his sale, it just hurts that he was a legend in the making for this club, and they aren't easily purchased.

Too right it hurts mate, hurts a lot doesn't it for him to be able to throw that away. For any other club even the mancs that would hurt but christ i could see the reasoning to go to them because they are winning things but for Chelsea???? Nah that doesn't fit.

He clearly is not the same Torres we once had like that independent article says. Thats fine. He has made his feelings known, he has in one move brought down the fans respect for him and our love. He will never get that anywhere else especially chelsea. I wont abuse him and call him all names but all i would like to say to him, is it worth it?

Never thought i'd see this from him. Thought players like him and Pepe were true reds who "got" this club. Football is joke. He could have stayed another 4 months here and left a legend with everyone's best wishes and instead he chooses to go to THEM in this way, at this time? Fuck me, it's a sad day.

I'm gonna reserve judgement until the lad goes...IF he goes.

Stevie handed in a transfer request and look how that turned out.

I'm Torres' biggest fan and love the guy so maybe my heart is ruling my head here but I'll only call the lad a cunt when he has fucked off, until then he's a Liverpool player and calling him a cunt is something I just can't do.

will suarez sign now that nando is on his way?

maybe he wanted to play with him

also can someone tell me why we finally made a decent bid for suarez on the day nando's wantaway status was made clear

I would be majorly pissed off if we only made a decent bid coz we knew the nando story was going to break later and we'd finally given up on talking him out of his move away - i'd really like to know what the fcuk has gone on behind the scenes during the window....but for me the owners and their lack of ceo and comolli are coming of rather badly in all of this, i pray they prove me wrong in the next few days and in the summer