You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

High Court Date and Time

bri

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the 3k per hour lawyer

Actually I would just set him onto Hicks tbh. Gonna try and remain positive in thinking that the board can see a way around this. If not then I will actually need bit of a break because i have reached that stage were i cant say enough strong words to cool my total anger to that man.

Thatcher was never gonna be replaced for being a total bitch but blimey "that" has well and truly done so.

Cant remember brain shut down but read somewhere he was in that meeting in voice, not 100% sure but i defo read it somewhere.

ok cool.

dont worry about it, my heads gone west too.

Broughton best still be in there.

If you have gone to bed Martin without telling anyone i wont be best pleased

? tariqpanja RBS in tight spot. Argued in court for a quick judgment bcos debt needs to be repaid on Fri. But this TRO won't be lifted then. What to do?

LFC haven't got the time to wait till the 25th after arguing publicly in court they needed to close the deal, administration it is then unless they pull something out of the bag between now and friday.

? tariqpanja RBS in tight spot. Argued in court for a quick judgment bcos debt needs to be repaid on Fri. But this TRO won't be lifted then. What to do?

LFC haven't got the time to wait till the 25th after arguing publicly in court they needed to close the deal, administration it is then unless they pull something out of the bag between now and friday.

Do you think Hicks knows he can't win this and wants us to go into administration? Does this mean we would be expelled from the Europa Cup?

This is his revenge ploy?

Full text of the petition - trust me, this is well worth downloading and reading.

1.2MB .pdf file, 28 pages, each more remarkable than the last.

Uploaded to zshare here.

Holy fucking shit, the nerve of him.

*shakes head*

However, reading it, I'm less worried than I was before. It's a pathetic load of emotive nonsense, with several factual inaccuracies.

12.38am: Owen Gibson has emailed me regarding the confusing issue over the 25 October hearing. "My sense is that Liverpool can apply to the judge to have it thrown out before then but this will buy Hicks and Gillett at least a couple more days - crucially, it will probably take them past RBS's deadline of October 15 and through the weekend."

Do you think Hicks knows he can't win this and wants us to go into administration? Does this mean we would be expelled from the Europa Cup?

This is his revenge ploy?

revenge? of course, its quite clear he is a petty spiteful despicable human turd, but I bet somehow he actually benefits financially from us going into administration, at the moment he's not getting a penny from the sale so he's probably going to claw something back in administration after all the club is split into various bits, liverpool football club and kop holdings and the cayman island and delaware, who knows where it all leads, I can just see us going bankrupt with the fucking wanker grinning near the front of the queue getting some money back....wouldn't put nothing past him.

Full text of the petition - trust me, this is well worth downloading and reading.

1.2MB .pdf file, 28 pages, each more remarkable than the last.

Uploaded to zshare here.

Holy fucking shit, the nerve of him.

*shakes head*

However, reading it, I'm less worried than I was before. It's a pathetic load of emotive nonsense, with several factual inaccuracies.

It's a shame they've just awarded the Man Booker Prize, this would have had a very good shot at it. As a work of creative and innovative fiction, it's only matched by Jaimie Kanwar's film script.

12.45am: Owen Gibson has also been tweeting about the TRO: "why #LFC may take TRO seriously: US biz interests-contempt risk; hicks met broughton there; kop investments based in dallas; er, that's it." Elsewhere the highly informative Tariq Panja tweets: "RBS in tight spot. Argued in court for a quick judgment bcos debt

If administration does occur we'll go to one of Hicks' financial 'friends'. Guaranteed. I'm wondering how the Premier League would deal with the points issue - It would look terrible if they deducted as a result of this sort of thing and I'd wager that they could leave themselves open to significant legal action once the High Court ruling is ratified once and for all.

12.50am: "I understand that you must be getting a million emails right about now, and have information pouring from everywhere, but can you answer this?" asks Jack Vickers. "What is the likely outcome of all this? In plain English? What is most likely to happen?"

In plain English? I have no real idea. My gut feeling, though, is that NESV will end up owning Liverpool.

12.45am: This from the Dallas Observer Blog, containing quotes from Hicks and Gillett's lawyer:

I just spoke with Stodghill, who says his office is being "innundated with angry e-mails from Liverpool fans." I asked him: How does a Dallas court have jurisdiction over proceedings initiated in the U.K. He says: Royal Bank of Scotland is registered to do business in the state of Texas; and, of course, New England Sports Ventures is U.S. based. Also being sued is Liverpool chairman Martin Broughton. And, says Stodghill, "We allege in the lawsuit he committed some of his tortuous acts in Texas in meetings with Mr. Hicks, so we're suing him in part based on conduct here that did harm to Texas residents."

Hicks and Gillett's £237 million debt to RBS is due Friday. So, then, what happens between now and then, as the TRO hearing is set for October 25? Says Stodghill, what happens in the next two days "remains to be seen." As in: "There could be an additional fight at the courthouse over the TRO -- that could potentially happen. There could be discussions with the board to evaluate the higher offers. The one offer they're refusing to evaluate is £100 million over NESV's. And there could be discussions with RBS."