You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

High Court Date and Time

bri

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They could prosecute, because he's in Texas doesn't mean shit. I'd bet a judge could easily find something that comes under homeland security and then it wouldn't be too difficult to have local police on the job.

Just don't encourage it eh?

Agreed. I'm not opposed to protest but honestly, some of the threats on the Facebook too far beyond questioning his competence for my liking. I wouldn't be surprised if more than a few people there are going to have a bit of trouble reaching their destination next time they try to holiday in the US.

I'll repeat myself from the other retarded (and now deleted) thread. Sending email threats to a judge is likely to fall within the FBI's jurisdiction. They are not backward in coming forward to push local law enforcement into acting. And changing your IP address really isn't going to cut it against their computer crimes division.

Following the successful conclusion of High Court proceedings today, the Boards of Directors of Kop Football and Kop Holdings met tonight and resolved to complete the sale of Liverpool FC to New England Sports Ventures.

spacer.gif

Regretably, Thomas Hicks and George Gillett have tonight obtained a Temporary Restraining Order from a Texas District Court against the independent directors, Royal Bank of Scotland PLC and NESV to prevent the transaction being completed.

The independent directors consider the restraining order to be unwarranted and damaging and will move as swiftly as possible to seek to have it removed.

A further statement will be made in due course.

Guest ShoePiss
Following the successful conclusion of High Court proceedings today, the Boards of Directors of Kop Football and Kop Holdings met tonight and resolved to complete the sale of Liverpool FC to New England Sports Ventures.

spacer.gif

Regretably, Thomas Hicks and George Gillett have tonight obtained a Temporary Restraining Order from a Texas District Court against the independent directors, Royal Bank of Scotland PLC and NESV to prevent the transaction being completed.

The independent directors consider the restraining order to be unwarranted and damaging and will move as swiftly as possible to seek to have it removed.

A further statement will be made in due course.

Where is that from fuge?

11.22pm: "I hope this whole saga with LFC will help other fans of leveraged clubs reflect on the potential damage this can do to our game and the clubs burdened with it," writes Keith Chesworth. "As a Liverpool fan I am of course delighted to hopefully see the last of these two Americans. No club should have to go through this. There should be a process or system in place to warn of, and action, to prevent such things from escalating to such levels. Manchester Utd are a big hit waiting to happen and although we have a fierce rivalry I would not want them to go through this as we have done. It is wrecking.LFC and Man UTD are to football what the ashes are to cricket.lose them and you have lost the soul in football."

Yes. As i've said, unfortunately there must be something in this texan injunction otherwise the meeting would've finished hours ago.

I don't think there "must be something" in it.

Its been a long day. Why take the risk of making a mistake. I am sure we have a team of lawyers at least as capable as Judge Jeff (or whatever he's called) so why not give them chance to study EVERY implication in the cold light of day.

No point making a mistake just to please a gaggle of internet virgins such as your good self.