You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Anfield or New Anfield

Cherry Ghost

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well let's build it then.

Hang fire just remembered, like fuck we would.

Every game we sell out though Coop is a missed opportunity to generate more revenue.

I'm not saying it should be a 70,000 seater stadia, in fact I'm not even getting involved in the capacity, but surely selling out the ground every single game of the season isn't a great thing?

I of course don't want massive fucking rows of empty seats but you get my point.

How much do you reckon we could get from sponsoring new stands Coop?

Apparently Arsenal only get £3m a season for the entire stadium, and they are in London.

I can't see us bringing in much money at all for the stands, obviously the Kop would get a few quid but the others?

They only get £3m a season because they're Arsenal, and nobody outside of Arsenal gives a flying rat shit about fucking Arsenal. If they were based on the moon it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference.

They only get £5-6m a season for selling the whole name of their stadium and their shirt rights!!

We are Liverpool, not Arsenal, and for that reason alone we simply do not need a new stadium.

We can outdo the likes of Arsenal without selling our soul and without the need for some horrible big, piece of shit fucking soulless wanky stadium so that we can fill with daytripping wankers from all over the shop who should be supporting the likes of Arsenal in the first place.

Well fuck them, and fuck anyone who wants that.

Get some grasp of context - We're about to land £25m a SEASON just for our shirt deal!! TWENTY FIVE MILLION A SEASON! Say it slowly.

That's revenue streams that the likes of Arsenal - and just about every other club in the world bar maybe 2 or 3 others, for that matter - can only fucking dream of, which is exactly why they needed a massive new stadium, and is exactly why we don't.

Arsenal only got about £50m for SEVEN years from Nike with their latest shirt deal. Why? because compared to us they are a tin pot fuck all nothing club. End of story.

They have no other choice whatsoever when it comes to raising revenue other than increasing foot fall at the turnstiles. We on the other hand have corporations literally queuing up to piss money all over us!

I'm getting really sick of so-called Liverpool supporters trying to justify moving from Anfield for financial reasons.

Shut the fuck up. All of you. And shame on you as well.

yeah, an extra 15,000 seats a year would raise another £15m-20m a season more, but so fucking what? We've just proved we can raise more than that anyway in just one fucking sponsorship deal!!!

Is it really worth selling our spiritual home and one of key things we're most famous for - one of the things that has helped make us what we are? And all for the price of an Alberto Aquilani or so every season?

Careful what you wish for, dickheads.

Edited by Tom R

Liverpool should realistically looking for a 65k max capacity whether new or revamped.

Look at Barca,Madrid,Bayern and both Milan club all have in excess of 60k capacity,but look at the size of their populations

with the exception of United, who have just had the most successful 20 years in their history,

look at the population of Liverpool to all the other big European counterparts,

What's the population of;

Madrid?

Barcelona?

Milan?

and Munich?

Liverpool as a population of approx 450k and Liverpool draw approx 10% of that

Whether do all these figures stack up that we'd draw 70k every fortnight?

Even if "naming rights" was the way forward to making loads of money, and I don't for a second think that it is, then why exactly does it have to be a brand new stadium??

When has this ridiculous assumption come in to play? you can sponsor anything, it doesn't have to be brand new!

If serious money really was up for grabs for acquiring the sponsorship of our stadium, then I'd bet the keys to my house there'd be far, far more interest in sponsoring our history-steeped, truly historic world famous current stadium over some shiny brand new piece of shit around the corner!

Well let's build it then.

Hang fire just remembered, like fuck we would.

The only problem with that argument is that we would.

Its not only demand that creates supply, it goes the other way around as well.

One of the main problems we have is the difficulty actually getting tickets so loads of people give up before they even try it.

We have a season ticket waiting list that is ridiculous, what other clubs around the world can show something similar, what about even like a quarter of it?

The mancs had season tickets on general sale this season still they averaged 75109 in attendence.

There is no reason why we should aim for anything less than them as our fanbase is just as big, but our problem is difficulties actually getting tickets.

Code the mancs don't sell out Old Trafford every game and they are the current Premier League champions.

They themselves have to offer tickets for a reduced fee etc.

If the owners thought that the ground would be full every single home game and they could bank on 70,000 people plus the corporate money then they would be building it.

The reality is we would not fill it every game of that i can assure you.

Code the mancs don't sell out Old Trafford every game and they are the current Premier League champions.

They themselves have to offer tickets for a reduced fee etc.

If the owners thought that the ground would be full every single home game and they could bank on 70,000 people plus the corporate money then they would be building it.

The reality is we would not fill it every game of that i can assure you.

We would probably not sell out every game, I agree with that.

But to be honest I think it would be better not to do that as that would make people know that tickets were availible for most games and again this would create more demand.

If we had 68.000 in most games I doubt many would moan about it and there would also be room for improvement.

Attendances have also peaked.

20 years ago - if you wanted to watch the football - you went the match.

These days, you can watch any game you want either thru Sky, a dodgy pub or an internet stream.

Oh and filter in the cost of the match these days, and the fact we are still in a period of financial distress. Strange as it may seem - if its a choice between feeding your family for a week or going to watch Christian Poulsen and a bunch of other equally useless, overpaid dogs fail to entertain the crowd - is it really any wonder why attendances are on the wane?

Coop and Tom are absolutely spot on. Right now we do not need a 65k+ stadium.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Coop and Tom are absolutely spot on. Right now we do not need a 65k+ stadium.

That's the sort of foresight and blue sky thinking that has really helped us over the last two decades ;)

Do Glasgow (pop. 600,000) have problems filling Celtic Park (61,000) or Ibrox (51,000)? I know they have a large amount of people that fly over from Ireland but Liverpool also has a large amount of Irish supporters.

10% of 450k=45k

10% of 600k=60k

All those big European clubs that I mentioned earlier in the thread have at LEAST 3 times the population of Liverpool,

you are know doubt aware that were currently in the worst economic downturn in 80 years,

the first crowd of fans that stop coming are the "fair weather crowd"

it costs Norwegians,Irish etc etc a small fortune to come and watch Liverpool,

people need to wake and get real,

when we dominated football in the late 70's and early 80' our average gates where less than 40k a game,

admittedly English football is far better marketed

Redasever can probably answer this one better then me but the way i was thinking regarding redevelopment was by doing each individual stand at a time so when we feel financially we can afford to rather then have a large loan over our heads.

This would allow us to remain competitive in the transfer market whilst increasing our matchday revenue.

Starting with the Main stand and knocking it down completely and starting again, then onto the Anny Road end etc.

The feeling is that by redeveloping we can take the capacity up to an inital 60,000+ but with more room for expansion (ie filling in the corners etc).

We can build the stand over the Anfield Road end there allowing the transport to go under the stadium rather then re-route the road altogether.

They only get £3m a season because they're Arsenal, and nobody outside of Arsenal gives a flying rat shit about fucking Arsenal. If they were based on the moon it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference.

They only get £5-6m a season for selling the whole name of their stadium and their shirt rights!!

We are Liverpool, not Arsenal, and for that reason alone we simply do not need a new stadium.

We can outdo the likes of Arsenal without selling our soul and without the need for some horrible big, piece of shit fucking soulless wanky stadium so that we can fill with daytripping wankers from all over the shop who should be supporting the likes of Arsenal in the first place.

Well fuck them, and fuck anyone who wants that.

Get some grasp of context - We're about to land £25m a SEASON just for our shirt deal!! TWENTY FIVE MILLION A SEASON! Say it slowly.

That's revenue streams that the likes of Arsenal - and just about every other club in the world bar maybe 2 or 3 others, for that matter - can only fucking dream of, which is exactly why they needed a massive new stadium, and is exactly why we don't.

Arsenal only got about £50m for SEVEN years from Nike with their latest shirt deal. Why? because compared to us they are a tin pot fuck all nothing club. End of story.

They have no other choice whatsoever when it comes to raising revenue other than increasing foot fall at the turnstiles. We on the other hand have corporations literally queuing up to piss money all over us!

I'm getting really sick of so-called Liverpool supporters trying to justify moving from Anfield for financial reasons.

Shut the fuck up. All of you. And shame on you as well.

yeah, an extra 15,000 seats a year would raise another £15m-20m a season more, but so fucking what? We've just proved we can raise more than that anyway in just one fucking sponsorship deal!!!

Is it really worth selling our spiritual home and one of key things we're most famous for - one of the things that has helped make us what we are? And all for the price of an Alberto Aquilani or so every season?

Careful what you wish for, dickheads.

I don't know if you are saying we should expand Anfield or that we don't need extra capacity at all but if its the latter, I disagree Mr. Ross. We NEED a bigger stadium. The revenue we are losing on a daily basis is there for everyone to see - its in plain black and white.

I agree that we have a history that most of those so-called big clubs can only fucking dream of. I also agree (and pray) that we SHOULD stay at Anfield. But we SHOULD expand Anfield to around 65k. And keep the name Anfield.

You are talking about Arsenal's naming and kit deal being so low. Its low only because we pulled our fingers out recently, thanks to Ayre. When Parry was around, our kit deal was laughable and the dickhead himself admitted that Arsenal's deal was an eye opener.

Just because we have raised more money in one sponsorship deal doesn't mean we should sit back and light up a cigar. We can learn a lesson or two from what the United scum have done since early 90s. They expanded their stadium slowly, they got many sponsorship deals which helped build their empire which is showing no signs of slowing down. Its also the exact reason why Ferguscum spent £28m on Veron TEN years ago and even though he turned out to be a steaming pile of shit, he still managed to answer a reporter with a straight face - "What is fucking wrong with Veron?". Because they had the money to brush it away. On the other hand, we are still fuming about the £20m that was wasted on Aquilani.

I would rather have the extra money to buy an Aquilani or Suarez. And when an Aquilani fails, we can brush it aside and still be strong. However, as I said, my preference and the only preference I have, is to stay at Anfield and expand the capacity. I don't want the Parry bowl or the so-called supa dupa design made by the fat cunt across the Atlantic.

I don't know if you are saying we should expand Anfield or that we don't need extra capacity at all but if its the latter, I disagree Mr. Ross. We NEED a bigger stadium. The revenue we are losing on a daily basis is there for everyone to see - its in plain black and white.

I agree that we have a history that most of those so-called big clubs can only fucking dream of. I also agree (and pray) that we SHOULD stay at Anfield. But we SHOULD expand Anfield to around 65k. And keep the name Anfield.

You are talking about Arsenal's naming and kit deal being so low. Its low only because we pulled our fingers out recently, thanks to Ayre. When Parry was around, our kit deal was laughable and the dickhead himself admitted that Arsenal's deal was an eye opener.

Just because we have raised more money in one sponsorship deal doesn't mean we should sit back and light up a cigar. We can learn a lesson or two from what the United scum have done since early 90s. They expanded their stadium slowly, they got many sponsorship deals which helped build their empire which is showing no signs of slowing down. Its also the exact reason why Ferguscum spent £28m on Veron TEN years ago and even though he turned out to be a steaming pile of shit, he still managed to answer a reporter with a straight face - "What is fucking wrong with Veron?". Because they had the money to brush it away. On the other hand, we are still fuming about the £20m that was wasted on Aquilani.

I would rather have the extra money to buy an Aquilani or Suarez. And when an Aquilani fails, we can brush it aside and still be strong. However, as I said, my preference and the only preference I have, is to stay at Anfield and expand the capacity. I don't want the Parry bowl or the so-called supa dupa design made by the fat cunt across the Atlantic.

yeah, sorry I've not been very clear in that post.

We can have a bigger stadium by simply expanding the one we have. There isn't a single decent reason for anyone to be advocating demolishing Anfield, least of all any Liverpool supporter.

yeah, sorry I've not been very clear in that post.

We can have a bigger stadium by simply expanding the one we have. There isn't a single decent reason for anyone to be advocating demolishing Anfield, least of all any Liverpool supporter.

Aye. If anyone wants to demolish Anfield, just for the sake of a shiny new shitty pit, which looks great on the outside, they can fuck right off.

Anfield is our home and should be our only home. Expand to whatever capacity we possibly can and voila.

Aye. If anyone wants to demolish Anfield, just for the sake of a shiny new shitty pit, which looks great on the outside, they can fuck right off.

Anfield is our home and should be our only home. Expand to whatever capacity we possibly can and voila.

There's 3 Cathedrals in this City,

1 either end of Hope street and 1 on Anfield Road!!!