You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Anfield or New Anfield

Cherry Ghost

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everton

United

Arsenal

Chelsea

Later Stages of the Champions League

FA Cup Ties

Tottentham

City

Fuck yeah it's going to be hard we WON'T sell out the stadium charging stupid prices. But as long as there is a structures, fair ticketing policy we'll be sound.

Yer mad head

The only way we'd sell out against Chelsea,Arsenal,Spurs or City would be if we had a chance of winning the premiership late in the season,

You stupid boy

Try this: http://www.communities.gov.uk/documents/localgovernment/pdf/1818597.pdf

or in summary this:

The planning and regeneration provisions will

[*]abolish Regional Spatial Strategies

[*]abolish the Infrastructure Planning Commission and return to a position where the Secretary of State takes the final decision on major infrastructure proposals of national importance

[*]amend the Community Infrastructure Levy, which allows councils to charge developers to pay for infrastructure. Some of the revenue will be available for the local community

[*]provide for neighbourhood plans, which would be approved if they received 50% of the votes cast in a referendum

[*]provide for neighbourhood development orders to allow communities to approve development without requiring normal planning consent

[*]give new housing and regeneration powers to the Greater London Authority, while abolishing the London Development Agency.

Not a lot of scope for screwing more money from developers there and the bill isn't law yet. It's on its second reading in the House of Lords.

-

Yeah, sorry I do know in great detail. I was really say professional to professional (I'm a Town Planner, Karl is an Architect) that the government has got its head up its arse trying to pass loads of shit off as Localism. When it really means, we've not fully decided but it sounds good for most of its flip flopping and general whims designed to look like its gives a shit about the little man when in fact its ready to fuck him over.

Sorry about that.

Btw, I wasn't trying to be a smartarse with that last post. I'm just half pissed. Sorry if it comes across that way.

It's really pretty clear to anyone what the Localism Bill is up to.

Half-pissed at noon in Hove??? or have you just got up?

If you have a fair ticket policy the club will sell out at 70k seater stadium, week in week out.

If we have a 'fair' ticket policy of the likes I think you're talking about (ie., a cheap ticket policy), we might just manage only to pay for the stadium and nothing for the team.

If we have a 'fair' ticket policy of the likes I think you're talking about (ie., a cheap ticket policy), we might just manage only to pay for the stadium and nothing for the team.

You won't sell out a 70k seater stadium at £50-60 a ticket.

You will with large amount of concessions.

You won't sell out a 70k seater stadium at £50-60 a ticket.

You will with large amount of concessions.

If only it was that simple Ant - offer cheap seats and fill it every second week.

The fact is we will want to make money on the stadium but we would also have large interest payments to make back due to a loan to build the stadium in the first place.

How much do you reckon we could get from sponsoring new stands Coop?

Apparently Arsenal only get £3m a season for the entire stadium, and they are in London.

I can't see us bringing in much money at all for the stands, obviously the Kop would get a few quid but the others?

Going purely on media reports but we could be looking at a redevelopment of £200m or a complete rebuild of upto £400m.

We would i think find it easier to sponsor on a per stand basis then we would for a complete stadium.

When you consider the sponsorship for the whole stadium would have to smash all records for it to be brought inline with a redevelopment then you can understand why we may well be staying at Anfield.

Sponsoring per stand is just an option but obviously any redevelopment will need to have corporate seating which is where we need to seriously improve on.

The advantage of redevelopment for me is we can do 1 stand at a time therefore minimum disruption and would allow us to still have match revenue from the other 3 available parts of the ground.

We also can do it within our means and not need to have a large debt around our neck if we went for the 'new' stadium.

Guest ShoePiss

There's no reason why a new stadium can't have a main sponsor and stand or section sponsors too. I'm certain they'll be looking at this. Overall stadium name and crap like the Ford club seats etc. Tiered pricing will split up sections nicely for this. They should also do this if they decide to stay.

I have visions of a expanded Anfield or a new stadium reminding me of a Mexican primera division shirt. Not a nice image.

Renovate as in flaten?

Housing Market Renewal as been scrapped by the Govt in the cuts,

Lothair Road along with several other streets in that area was due to be demolished to be replaced by new affordable housing.

Council leader Joe Anderson as asked housing associations to review their plans and instead of knocking down these houses they are now looking to refurb these properties.

The current Council CANNOT, in any way be held to blame for the mess that the Anfield area is now in

Going purely on media reports but we could be looking at a redevelopment of £200m or a complete rebuild of upto £400m.

We would i think find it easier to sponsor on a per stand basis then we would for a complete stadium.

When you consider the sponsorship for the whole stadium would have to smash all records for it to be brought inline with a redevelopment then you can understand why we may well be staying at Anfield.

Sponsoring per stand is just an option but obviously any redevelopment will need to have corporate seating which is where we need to seriously improve on.

The advantage of redevelopment for me is we can do 1 stand at a time therefore minimum disruption and would allow us to still have match revenue from the other 3 available parts of the ground.

We also can do it within our means and not need to have a large debt around our neck if we went for the 'new' stadium.

But what would be the difference in revenue between the two?

If Aresenal get £3m a season for the naming rights to the stadium what are we going to get for 3 stands that will get no exposure outside of those attending a game?

But what would be the difference in revenue between the two?

If Aresenal get £3m a season for the naming rights to the stadium what are we going to get for 3 stands that will get no exposure outside of those attending a game?

The revenue from tickets and hospitality would be the same in both cases. The difference would be the naming rights. You could assume the stand naming rights would be about nil - particularly since the club isn't even bothering to find out.

So the revenue including naming rights is higher with a new stadium but the cost is about twice as much.

They both have the same 'profit' if the naming rights are about £25m a year. The current world record is £15m a year.

Does the team own any of the hotels in the area?

no.

The revenue from tickets and hospitality would be the same in both cases. The difference would be the naming rights. You could assume the stand naming rights would be about nil - particularly since the club isn't even bothering to find out.

So the revenue including naming rights is higher with a new stadium but the cost is about twice as much.

They both have the same 'profit' if the naming rights are about £25m a year. The current world record is £15m a year.

Sorry, that's not strictly correct, the difference is about £20m a year (it depends on the interest rate).