You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

If say the council is the freeholder of a property that the then current leaseholder assigns to Tesco as was in the case with the fella who picked up £1/4M in our portfolio then the freeholder of the lease has little say in the matter. It's eventually the planning department that signs it off. You may think they are all the same under one Council banner but I can assure you they are not.

If you want to apply pressure to a take over by Tesco etc then you need to consult your local councilor and apply pressure. You can tie the major's up for months with this. But eventually depending on what planning policy the council have signed up to will determine whether or not they get in.

I sympathize with you Anny for retail it's really tough out there at the moment. I also agree a chain shouldn't be allowed to undercut and sell below trade in certain areas just because they can offset it elsewhere.

We deal with a few independents who specialize in the area your in of produce.

Untitled Document

Is one. Of course London has the scope to be able to cater for the punter who doesn't just want cheap. But that isn't to say you can't push Local Scottish Produce through your store other than what Budgens will carry.

If not a website then certainly a facebook, twitter account that you can advertise for free what new products you have in or on sale for customers in your area.

Have you seen Brewdog Beers.

Welcome to the craft beer revolution | Craft Beer | BrewDog

They are at the forefront of the growing craft beer scene in the UK.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If say the council is the freeholder of a property that the then current leaseholder assigns to Tesco as was in the case with the fella who picked up £1/4M in our portfolio then the freeholder of the lease has little say in the matter. It's eventually the planning department that signs it off. You may think they are all the same under one Council banner but I can assure you they are not.

Buying and selling land is one thing, building a supermarket on top of it is quite another.

Problem being that these cunts get planning permission before they hand cash over the property in most cases, in case the planning is turned down.

As you say, you can stall these cunts for ages if you write a couple of letters and set up an online petition via the council's webpage.

Another great one is getting English Heritage to accept the land under their list of sites.

This is the Capitalist American dream that Reagan wooed Maggie with all them years ago.

I've seen so many areas that were full of small local businesses, dwindle down to empty buildings, boarded up windows and scruffy areas. All because the big superstores came in destroyed everything about the local community.

Living in town I'm sort of forced to shop at Tesco's but have abandoned them for a weekly shop at Aldi and the barrow man by HSBC, we are saving around £90 a month.

Just need to find a reasonably priced butchers and I'll be laughing so I wont have to go student infested Tesco again.

At the club I worked at if someone claimed they were short changed the manager came straight up and cashed up that till, if it wasn't up then the member of staff was searched, all while the customer waited....I would demand the same from Tesco, fuck the cashing up tomorrow business.

If people paid attention to what planning applications were going through their local authority, then perhaps they might catch the cunts in the act and submit objections, which then lead to a planning committee open meeting to discuss the application.

But no, you'd all rather watch Eastenders.

I tells you. Shittest generation ever.

There was massive resistance to a Tesco being opened in Chorlton, it didn't make a blind bit of difference they fucking rammed the cunt in there anyway. Like I say, we're handing over the keys to the towns for the sake of BOGOFs and 5p off a tin of beans. If you only use price and convenience to make your decisions then don't be surprised when everything else is closed down and the only game in town is Wal-Mart. Then people will wonder why the only jobs are at Wal-Mart, or Wal-Mart suppliers, and they are for piss-poor wages with no discernible quality. I suppose you can then go to your union but Wal-Mart aren't keen on unions.

Spend a pound at a local store and it's better for the local economy. Spend it at Wal-Mart and as much of it as possible is going to leave your community, and most likely end up offshore.

lfSi0D7KESk

• 8 months later...

They've redeemed themselves slightly after my OP. Sent an email complaint to them about sausages:

Subject: 6 sausages and an abortion

I bought 8 "butchers choice" sausages from my local Tesco before which is

the Longmore lane tesco express. What I got was 4 sausages, a couple of

mongy links and what can only be described as an aborted siamese twin of a

sausage which you can see in the bottom of the attached picture

What's the deal with that tesco? I'm trying to make toad in the hole

here!!!

Paul

sausages.jpg

And got this nice reply:

Dear Paul

Thank you for your email. Please accept my apologies for the delay in my response to you. Your patience is greatly appreciated.

I’m sorry to hear that the pack of Tesco Butchers Choice Sausages you purchased only contained 4 whole sausages. I can certainly understand your disappointment and annoyance with this, especially as you wanted to make toad in the hole.

May I take this opportunity to reassure you that we would never knowingly sell a product which we believe to be defective, so to speak. We have close partnerships with our suppliers and we put rigorous controls in place to ensure all of our products are of the highest quality possible. So, I’m sorry that despite this you still experienced a problem.

Ideally, I’d like to let our suppliers know about this so that they can try and prevent it from happening again in the future. So I can do this, please could you forward me some additional information from the packaging. I’d need the:

Barcode Number

Date Codes

Batch/Production Code (Found with the Date Codes)

Supplier Code (Found at end of the small print on the back, beginning with 'SC')

We will pass all the information you provide to our supplier, who may contact you directly if they need any further information. However, if you would rather that we don't include your contact details, please let me know and I'll ensure that we don't pass these on.

Further to this, I’d also like to arrange to send you a Tesco Moneycard to reimburse you for the sausages. I know this doesn’t make up for this, but I do hope you’ll accept it with the good intention meant. To allow me to send this out, please could you forward me your full address details.

I do appreciate that you may no longer have the packaging and whilst I’m still happy to send you a refund, I’ll be unable to let our supplier know, which I’m sorry for.

Finally, I’m really sorry we let you down recently, but I’d like to thank you for taking the time to contact me about this. If you have any further queries please don’t hesitate to email me back.

Kind regards

Danielle

Tesco Customer Service

Cheer Dani, will be expecting me voucher soon!