You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

City fan roasting journo on Talksport

Newport

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Never have I heard a more inarticulate man expose the ignorance of a radio presenter, nor a more pathetic attempt to discredit the opponent.

The Jade Goody of talk radio. Happy to be ignorant and so lacking in knowledge and understanding that he doesn't know or understand that he lacks knowledge and understanding.

Five Live must be quaking in their boots.

The whole reason detre of the station is to wind up the audience and get you to ring in to provide them with content.

I remember Parry being put right when he criticised us for singing the Fields of Anfield road, and ruining a great Celtic song. He also claimed Everton fans wouldnt do any uch thing until some one pointed out their "if yoer know yer histery" is ripped off from a Celtic song. Tits.

If you listen to Talk Sport, you deserve every bit of ear AIDS you will undoubtedly get.

I'd like to make the connection to another paper as its more accurate. I won't for the obvious reasons, but its basically an aural version of The Daily Star

If you listen to it, its essentially a cast iron guarantee that you're a knuncle dragging thicko. If you don't also vote BNP its probably 'cause you ain't 'erd of 'em mate.

Its fucking shite white van man thick cunt crap.

Night night.

Hahaha. The hypocrisy of the clueless mong who's avatar is a woman waggling her tits around is breath taking. Guess which 'newspaper' kicked off the whole Page 3 ethos of treating women as everyday sex objects to be oggled at in this country?

Gobshite!

What a fucking cunt.

So just because he never heard of Silva or Toure prior the World Cup that means nobody had? fucking idiot.

That twat needs to play some football manager, he would have heard about these players years before they became big. :yes:

To be fair we had a thread on here where everyone pretended Silva was rubbish.

I'd say it's quite a big difference thinking a player is rubbish to not even knowing who he is when he's played in one of the biggest leagues and is a European and World champion.

Guest PurpleNose
I'd say it's quite a big difference thinking a player is rubbish to not even knowing who he is when he's played in one of the biggest leagues and is a European and World champion.

Both were born out of ignorance.

Just varying levels.

I expect it from Talksport, which is basically the radio equivalent of the Daily Sport. I was a little surprised by some of the comments on here, possibly some just born out of hoping he fails because City have signed him. Which is understandable.

Personally I think City have bought very well.

These two to be fair are the most stupidist journo's around they ain't got a clue about any thing to do with football.Others at least know what players are what but fail to grasp the finer points of football.

IF they was on a game show this is what would happen.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMCFRElyaCc&hl=en_GB&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMCFRElyaCc&hl=en_GB&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Edited by seven of eleven

Mike Parry once said if he was in an aeroplane that was crashing he'd jump out and open his overcoat, thus floating to the ground like a bird. He then spent an hour arguing with Andy Townsend that it would work.

That reminds me when I was 9 I had 2 friends brothers they was and one was 7 I think and other 8.

Any ways the 8 year old told his brother to jump out of window with a black bin liner open and he would float to ground and be ok so his brother did it and broke both his legs.

Not sure what happened to them as I moved away and forget there names now maybe mike parry was one of them not sure.

Mike Parry once said if he was in an aeroplane that was crashing he'd jump out and open his overcoat, thus floating to the ground like a bird. He then spent an hour arguing with Andy Townsend that it would work.

He'd hit the ground like Wile E Coyote and end up in Australia, the horrible fat twat.

The fact that the pair of them spent a hour arguing about it sums them up.

Any football journalist that hadn't heard of Yaya Toure and David Silva before the world cup, even if they dont rate them, is probably a retard.

Love the way the pair of cunts just deflect it away with the wikipiedia comments.

Cunts.

Guest Deadbeat

he says 'i dont claim to be an expert' yet he's a professional uk sports journo. at least hes honest.

you know when you read a match report from a game you went to and its like the journo was at a different match?

now you know why.

I think it's hilarious that the guy genuinely can't believe someone was aware of Yaya Toure prior to the World Cup.

He's an Ivory Coast international and played in the previous World Cup, also in the 2008 African Cup of Nations which was televised in the UK, he's spent the last three seasons playing for Barcelona, one of the world's biggest clubs and perennial Champions League contenders and on top of that his brother played six or seven seasons at Arsenal before going to City, a fact that is always mentioned in relation to Yaya whenever Barca are shown on TV here. I'd have been surprised if a reasonably well-informed fan hadn't heard of him, let alone a supposed sports journalist.

As for David Silva, he's been linked with a move to pretty much every top club side in Europe over the last two seasons.

It's a truly astonishing level of ignorance for someone making a living by writing or talking about the game.

Talksport formula:

Two presenters on a show looking at an issue. One of them takes the most extreme, bordering on ridiculous opinion of that subject to enrage listeners to get people to call in. The other fella acts as a kind of straight man- a sort of foil for the clown on the show- and comes out with a sensible-ish view to balance things out.

Not exactly rocket science like.