You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The £16m pay off to Benitez.

JohnnyH

Angry? Nah, I'm not angry in the slightest and that post didn't read like that at all. It isn't always the case that there are angry people on here trying to victimise you just because they ask a few questions.

Read my second post, I know it was written in the Telegraph last November.

As for who the liar is between Rafa and Purslow. They are both liars. Both been proven in the past.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Johnny - Hicks and Gillett successful businessmen? Gillett currently trying to avoid bankruptcy for the third time, and looking like failing. Hicks's empire in debt to tune of nearly one billion dollars and only being propped up by guarantees to the banks from his friends, including Dubya?

It's EXACTLY what makes me think this clause is true! As i have said, interesting how's it's people closest to Rafa who have cited it, and people with an axe to grind who deny it.

Hicks and Gillett are not exactly poor.

Last time i looked Hicks lived in a big fuck off mansion and i presume Gillett does too.

Hicks is getting out of the sports game but his other business interest last i heard were doing well.

Hicks and Gillett are not exactly poor.

Last time i looked Hicks lived in a big fuck off mansion and i presume Gillett does too.

Hicks is getting out of the sports game but his other business interest last i heard were doing well.

if you owe the bank one million the bank owns you, but if the bank lends you 1000 millions you own the bank.

This gets said regularly but is it actually true? Do we not only have to pay up his contract for a max of 1 season, assuming he is able to get a job within the year (which you would think is unquestionable)?

I've started a new thread as it has been mentioned a few times in other threads, but seems to get missed and is never referred to.

So what is the final say on this? Would his payoff be around £5m as opposed to the £16m mentioned quite a bit?

Do we need yet another fucking thread on benitez staying \ going \ getting a pay off \ not getting a pay off?

i don't believe that the press did make up their mind early doors to class him as a failure - he won the CL in his first season for example

I think the knives really came out after his "rant" (I know it wasn't a rant, it was fairly rationally put over) regarding ferguson, I know he was targetted over his rotation policy before that and his politicking hasn't helped either, but the hacks went for him big time after that.

Drawing at Stoke really made their day.

Can he be placed on 'gardening leave' for the remainder of his contract?

can he be given another senior position at the club on the same wages(e.g director of {shit}football)?

If so, that could force his hand. He could slip into the background and collect his wages for the next 4 years, or more likely resign to take up a managers job elsewhere.