You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Happy Rumour Mill (Takeover bids, transfer talks etc)

WhiskeyJar

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A mate of mine reckons he's having a medical at the moment - bullshit ? probably

Just had a similar text from a mate of mine. July 7th 2010 - My first bullshit text of the silly summer season?

Probably, considering I've heard on the radio today that Cole is sunning himself abroad at the minute while his agent is sorting out offers.

Am I alone in thinking we should be looking at the likes of Joe Ledley? He's better than anything we've got on the left side.

I said that the other day and started a thread.

750k is fuck all and we'd make it back if it never worked out.

From the Beeb gossip column.

1440 BST: Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson is lining up a £12.5m move for Costa Rica striker Bryan Ruiz. The 24-year-old scored 24 goals for Dutch champions FC Twente last season. Full story: Daily Mail

New Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson is lining up a £12.5million move for Costa Rican scoring sensation Bryan Ruiz.

Hodgson sees Ruiz, who netted 24 times last season for Dutch champions FC Twente, as the perfect replacement for Fernando Torres if he quits Anfield.

But even if the Spanish star stays put Hodgson is keen to get 24-year-old Ruiz on board.

Hotshot: Spain's Fernando Torres

article-0-0A42BEAD000005DC-538_224x290.jpg

Wanted: Bryan Ruiz

article-0-0A571909000005DC-154_224x290.jpg

One in, one out? Roy Hodgson has lined up Bryan Ruiz (front) regardless of the future of Fernando Torres

Hodgson watched him on several occasions last season with a view to signing him for Fulham.

But he would have needed to smash Fulham’s transfer record and was forced to concede Ruiz was outside their price range.

Ruiz has seen his value treble since ex-England boss Steve McClaren snapped him up just a year ago for five million euros from Belgian club Ghent.

His goals helped Twente to their first-ever Dutch league crown and earned McClaren a move to the Bundesliga with Wolfsburg.

McClaren would like to sign Ruiz, who is also interesting Spanish clubs Seville and Villarreal, for a second time but the asking price is too high for the Germans.

By the end of the week

Roy: "Right, so I've lined up my transfer targets, I've calculated with the players I'm selling, and the £15 million you originally promised me, this should all be ok?"

Cecil: Roy, circumstances have changed, there is no £15 million, and of the £40 million you raised from the player sales, only £15 million is now available to you.

Roy: But you made promises to me, I can't improve this team whilst trying to make a profit in the transfer market for you

Cecil: Roy, I think you should just focus on coaching and training your team

Roy: Yes sir.

By the end of the week

Roy: "Right, so I've lined up my transfer targets, I've calculated with the players I'm selling, and the £15 million you originally promised me, this should all be ok?"

Cecil: Roy, circumstances have changed, there is no £15 million, and of the £40 million you raised from the player sales, only £15 million is now available to you.

Roy: But you made promises to me, I can't improve this team whilst trying to make a profit in the transfer market for you

This.

By the end of the week

I reckon Hodgson is smart enough to know that the best way to deal with liars is not to believe them in the first place.

Fella in work watches the Dutch footy and thinks that Ruiz is a great player.

Anyone watch that league?

the league is pretty crap. as a reference point Luis Suarez scored 46 goals last season.

at least i think that's the right number, it was pretty close to that.

the mark viduka quote of "i only played at 60% in the scottish league" comes to mind from when he left celtic.

He did but he was born in London and then moved to Newcastle as a wee bern.

His contract has a year left and Andy Carroll broke his jaw which is probably also a factor.

well let's hope someone advices him about our boards lack of ambition, because cockney or geordie, he's fucking awful!