You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Happy Rumour Mill (Takeover bids, transfer talks etc)

WhiskeyJar

The link to Bryan Ruiz of FC Twente is interesting as he was heavily linked to Fulham when Roy Hodgson was the manager.

He is over 6ft tall, left footed, can play as a 2nd striker and can score and create goals, and could be a good foil for Torres if he stays.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Erik Nevland constantly scored around 10-15 goals in Holland, Hodgson brought him to Fulham and hardly played him, probably because he`s not very good.

I dont understand why this link would excite anyone to be honest.

Fulham player maybe, Liverpool player not really.

Having a medical - 75/1

Watching a Danny Dyer video - 10/1

Licking a window - 1/4

Class.

I reckon Hodgson is smart enough to know that the best way to deal with liars is not to believe them in the first place.

Agreed. In which case he can put his feet up for the summer, safe in the knowledge he has no money to go to the shops.

As for Steven taylor, I'm sure Cecily would like to bring him in, as having a bullet magnet inside Anfield is going to increase his chances of survival at this rate.

Liverpool transfer news: Hodgson plots £13m move for FC Twente winger Bryan Ruiz - News - MirrorFootball.co.uk

Roy Hodgson is lining up a £13million bid for FC Twente winger Bryan Ruiz.

The new Liverpool boss is in negotiations with the Dutch club for the goal-scoring wide man.

The Costa Rican hit 24 goals last season for Twente, who were then managed by former England boss Steve McLaren.

Hodgson watched 24-year-old Ruiz several times when he was Fulham manager.

McLaren signed Ruiz from Belgian club Ghent for £4m and he played a big role in Twente’s surge to the Dutch title.

Hodgson is believed to have made an initial £10m offer, but could go higher.

Read more: Liverpool transfer news: Hodgson plots £13m move for FC Twente winger Bryan Ruiz - News - MirrorFootball.co.uk

Erik Nevland constantly scored around 10-15 goals in Holland, Hodgson brought him to Fulham and hardly played him, probably because he`s not very good.

I dont understand why this link would excite anyone to be honest.

Fulham player maybe, Liverpool player not really.

How many times have you seen Ruiz play Code?

Hmm, my brief youtube scouts have been more terrible defending compilations than anything else. Although he seems to be pretty good, definitely not a Nevland. But I don't think he'd be any better than Jovo or Kuyt.

Alves scored 40+ in the Dutch league which is twice what this fella has done and he was a complete flop at Boro scoring goals in the Dutch league and scoring them in the Prem are two different things alltogether

If this lad was all that then he would have followed his manager when he left the fact that they didnt make a move for him tells me that his price is greater than his ability

I cant see him being signed for two reasons

1) He isnt good enough to replace Torres

2) Spending £12m+ on a lad to sit on the bench just isnt going to happen at Liverpool untill new owners come in

If Roy thinks that signing this lad is a good replacement and use of money gained from the Torres sale then he wont see Christmas as Liverpool manager

Alves scored 40+ in the Dutch league which is twice what this fella has done and he was a complete flop at Boro scoring goals in the Dutch league and scoring them in the Prem are two different things alltogether

If this lad was all that then he would have followed his manager when he left the fact that they didnt make a move for him tells me that his price is greater than his ability

2) Spending £12m+ on a lad to sit on the bench just isnt going to happen at Liverpool untill new owners come in

If Roy thinks that signing this lad is a good replacement and use of money gained from the Torres sale then he wont see Christmas as Liverpool manager

Is he not a winger/wide forward rather than a replacement for Torres?

For a wide forward 24 goals in a season pisses all over anything we have regardless of leagues.

I'm nervous about any striker being bought for 'decent' money (say £10-20M). We don't have the money! Therefore I can't help but think it is a cheap Torres replacement, with the owners pocketing the difference.

I'd be happier with a cheap striker - a physical type who would be classed as 'could do a job'. This would give me greater confidence Torres is staying.

Such is life as a red at the moment.

To be perfectly fair, we don't know someone will fail until they come and fail. Scoring a lot in the dutch league isn't a BAD thing...

This is a fucking stupid argument. Are we supposed to never sign another player from Holland because Afonso Alves was shit? Some cracking players have come out of the Dutch league in recent years.

This is a fucking stupid argument. Are we supposed to never sign another player from Holland because Afonso Alves was shit? Some cracking players have come out of the Dutch league in recent years.

It was known as the Kezman argument back in my day.

Still it is especially silly at a time when the Dutch are in the world cup final!