You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Justified

RedKnight

• 2 months later...

Finished the first season this evening and to be honest it has been excellent. A few friends had recommended it and I'd had it downloaded for ages but not watched it.  The synopsis made it sound kinda dark and grim but upon watching I realized it is some excellent drama with plenty of dark humour.  Loads of weird and colourful characters and just good ol' entertainment.

Tim Olyphant is not as dour and wooden as he was in Deadwood (he was excellent albeit the mood of the character).  

Started season 2 tonight and enjoyed the first two episodes.  Feels good to live in a world with such awesome TV available via the internet tubes. 

You will become immersed. when I had finished them all and had not left to watch I felt like a part of me had been taken away.

I'm fucking loving it mate.  I'm a bit of an Ameriphile particuarly the confederate states and seeing a series in that bit of the country really piques my interest.  It isn't just the scenery though; excellent dialogue, quirky characters and that cheeky dark humour makes it a very lovable and addictive show.  Plus I love Westerns and in the end, as much as I have seen, this is a modern Western.

*cough* Filmed in California *cough*

Are they exporting shitloads of horses to cali for certain scenes?  I hope they are paid well because it is really hot and dry there and the grass sucks.

Certain TV directors see an opportunity to make a bit of a % on the hay for them and I'm not saying its Jews but yeah, its the Jews.  Fucking hay tax? Seriously.

• 2 months later...

I thought it was underwhelming. We already did the criminal family. I was hoping for some Hispanic narco traffickers. Quite liked the suggestion of a bigger lawsuit against the Marshals in the future, for Raylan's conduct, if for no other reason than we might quite to Robert Quarles again.

I'm 3 episodes into the first series of this, started it this week. Finding it alright so far but I presume it gets better?

Also currently watching The Wire (3rd time), Boardwalk Empire and Strike Back.

Yeah, mate, it really comes in to its own and from season two onwards you can't stop watching.

• Upvote 1

Loving the latest season so far.  Agree that Boyd is fighting the war on too many fronts.  He's a stone cold bad-ass but he's surrounded by muppets.  Boyd Crowder is fast becoming one of my favourite anti-heroes.  The scene where Mara enters the bar with the cops, eyes him up and says he ain't the guy was predictable but great.

The dialogue last night and the scenes in the bar and Cafe were gifts from the television Gods themselves.

"I'm gonna give you 10 seconds to leave, then am goin' to shoot you."

"I've been accused of being a lot of things, but inarticulate ain't one of 'em."

• 3 weeks later...