You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What did we buy him for - a million quid? We got about a million quid's worth of player. It's a bit harsh to pillory him just for not being good enough.

He really struggled tonight and needs a move to be honest. He'll have a career elsewhere but it's obvious he's not the sort of player who can come back from the bench and just slot in - his game seems to have tailed off a lot and he isn't suited to playing the target man. Hopefully he'll be off in the summer and get in a team somewhere that he can play ninety minutes every week and build a bit of form.

I would offer Ngog in exchange for Wickham.

I think the Championship is Ngog's level.

i would bet ngog is on 2 or 3 times the ipswich maximum wage. i think it would actually put the cost of that deal up as we'd have to pay off ngog. we'd be better off hoping some idiot promoted team took a chance on him imo.

dont get me wrong,im not having a go at kenny,i just feel bad for ngog,hes obviously not good enough.

but the manager is picking him,along with poulson,so if people are gonna go down the route of slagging off players for being shit surely the manager deserves some of their criticism for picking them?

who else is he gonna pick? the cupboard is bare.

who else is he gonna pick? the cupboard is bare.

as was mentioned earlier,anyone.

poulson and ngog add nothing,picking two lads out of the youth wouldnt lessen the team at all.

just realized it looks like im having a go at kenny,im not,just pointing that i dont think its fair to have a go at a guy whose clearly not good enough.

Rafa has a lot to answer for buying a young striker for £1m (before you shit yourself, take a long look at the youngsters who have flopped at the mancs, chelsea or the arse, and how much they cost)

a striker who is also our top goal scorer this year.

Right, okay.

Should he also be paying for the fact that Kenny still decides to play him?

Guest davelfc

Ok so.

It isn't that he's rusty or needs games it's that he just isn't good enough. He scored two goals against Tranmere reserves the other week, he scored against easier opposition in earlier rounds of the Europa. That's his level.

It's not his fault we didn't get a decent striker in the other year and it's not his fault that the only other striker eligible to play tonight is injured.

But he doesn't have the predatory instinct to be a decent striker, he just isn't very good at this level. He needs to be moved on and I am sure in a lower league or abroad somewhere he will be fine.

I said to my mate tonight at the game that he made Torres look good, that was all we had to compare him to for the last six months. With Suarez now back for Premiership games and hopefully Carroll back for the next round of the Europa we won't be seeing much of N'Gog, I do feel sorry for the lad but I'd rather feel sorry for him while he's leading the line for another club.

Ok so.

It isn't that he's rusty or needs games it's that he just isn't good enough. He scored two goals against Tranmere reserves the other week, he scored against easier opposition in earlier rounds of the Europa. That's his level.

It's not his fault we didn't get a decent striker in the other year and it's not his fault that the only other striker eligible to play tonight is injured.

But he doesn't have the predatory instinct to be a decent striker, he just isn't very good at this level. He needs to be moved on and I am sure in a lower league or abroad somewhere he will be fine.

I said to my mate tonight at the game that he made Torres look good, that was all we had to compare him to for the last six months. With Suarez now back for Premiership games and hopefully Carroll back for the next round of the Europa we won't be seeing much of N'Gog, I do feel sorry for the lad but I'd rather feel sorry for him while he's leading the line for another club.

That pretty much sums it up for me.

Ok so.

Exactly.

I'm sure when we signed him even he didn't expect to play as big a role as he has. He's a promising player who had his development cut short in order to lead the line of a huge club.

Kenny must have looked at his list of available first team players and go...Oh, Shit! its Ngog!

Well thanks rafa. you could have used the 1 million and donate it to charity. but no, you rather showcase your renowned eye for young talent and entertain us with awesomely bad scuffs and gangly mistimers.

And then turns around and say to us. we controlled the game and had many "chances"....over to you keys...

He really wound me up last night.

It wasn't just his lack of quality but it's that he plays for himself and not the team. If someone is better placed than him to score he will always take it on himself. He would definitely be a player I would like to be moved on in the Summer as I really think he brings us nothing.

Rafa has a lot to answer for buying a young striker for £1m (before you shit yourself, take a long look at the youngsters who have flopped at the mancs, chelsea or the arse, and how much they cost)

a striker who is also our top goal scorer this year.

Right, okay.

Should he also be paying for the fact that Kenny still decides to play him?

Is this a dig at Rafa, the youngsters at rival clubs, or a dig at the fact that the King is playing him??

So little writting that confuses so damn much....

Still wouldn't mind seeing that Lacina Traore from Cluj as backup to Carroll. I think N'gog isn't good enough, but he's improved in his holdup play. I don't think he's got what it takes to succeed here or in the premiership.

I'd agree with this. And we could move him on to Europe for a profit in the summer.