You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

He cost peanuts and he's scored some fairly important goals this season, any criticism of him is insane in my book. He's 20 years old, playing in a shit team, usually upfront on his own, he's one of few positives so far this season. I'd like to see him have a few games up front with Torres. Especially at home against spud teams.

Still, he's related to Boumsong, and for that reason alone, he'll probably end up more like David Bellion than David Trezeguet.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This extended run in the first-team has sharpened his reactions no end. He looks a hungrier player than the one who first joined the club. I don't understand why he's being given such a hard time by some fans. As our only real striking alternative at the moment, he should be made to feel 10-feet tall and given all the confidence in the world, rather than knocked down as not good enough.

He cost peanuts and he's scored some fairly important goals this season, any criticism of him is insane in my book. He's 20 years old, playing in a shit team, usually upfront on his own, he's one of few positives so far this season. I'd like to see him have a few games up front with Torres. Especially at home against spud teams.

I agree with this.

It is also funny how playing with a shit team around you is only an excuse for the likes of Spearing.

I'll be honest and say I'm really starting to like the lad. He's improved a lot since last season, and he's scoring a few goals. He shouldn't be our second choice striker, as he's not yet good enough for that, but he puts effort in, and all this game time will hopefully see him improve even further. Who knows if he'll be good enough to make it here, but he's only 20, so has time on his side, and judging by Torres' questionable fitness, may get the chances he needs.

That's it, if you want to praise Ngog you have to undermine another young player like Spearing. How pathetic. Well he is a local lad.

I've said good things about Ngog many times without comparing him to the local lads. The point about Ngog performing in a shit team is just one I hadn't seen before, and therefore I compared it to the way the likes of Spearing are defended.

Some others could take note

"He is no prodigy but there are merits. Ngog, 20, regularly turns down interview requests from the French media with the disarming comment that he will speak when he has done something worth talking about. Should the progress of a fairly strong and quick attacker continue, he may soon face the microphones."

I think he's developing quite nicely. He'll be a top quality player within a year or so.

He reminds me a bit of a young Berbatov.

I don't get that comparison at all. He is quicker than Berbatov and also willing to work hard.

He could become a less explosive version of Anelka, I guess.

I don't get that comparison at all. He is quicker than Berbatov and also willing to work hard.

He could become a less explosive version of Anelka, I guess.

He's quicker than Berbatov, but there are similarities in his playing style (hold up play, movement, aerial strength, first touch and skill).

I've got high hopes for him, and I think he's the perfect second choice striker. If Rafa's looking to buy another striker, I'd prefer if it was another youngster (such as Lukaku, Caistagnos et al). The big money should be used to get a winger and a central defender (and perhaps a left back).

I'll be honest and say I'm really starting to like the lad. He's improved a lot since last season, and he's scoring a few goals. He shouldn't be our second choice striker, as he's not yet good enough for that, but he puts effort in, and all this game time will hopefully see him improve even further. Who knows if he'll be good enough to make it here, but he's only 20, so has time on his side, and judging by Torres' questionable fitness, may get the chances he needs.

Not wanting to knock a player down but what kind of player would we have if Babel showed this kind of determination.

N'Gog has gone from a lanky streak of piss who looked scared of the goal to a player worthy of at least a place on the bench. Good for him.

Sometimes the Rafa stubborn streak does pay off and it has here with him sticking with this lad.

I too would like to see Ngog upfront with someone. The thing is with Ngog is that he clearly has some talent there, or the ability to do 'something'. I just think he lacks the ability to play upfront on his own.

This all stems back to a problem we've had since when we bought Keane. I have no idea what Rafa was trying to do, part of me believed he wanted a Torres and Keane partnership to kick off, so Gerrard could go back to midfield. So that didn't work, and he put Gerrard back in the hole.

But since the re-emergence of Yossi, I would have hoped that since Aqui would eventually play, he would put Gerrard back in midfield and Yossi in the hole. We look an awful team with 2 holding midfield players, especially in Lucas and Javier, at least with Gerrard we have some driving force in midfield.

However then Torres gets injured, and still Rafa persists with this Gerrard in the hole thing. Only Gerrard and Torres can play the 'Gerrard and Torres' System. Not Ngog and Gerrard.

If we had a half decent back up I'd play 4-4-2 with Gerrard still in midfield and someone upfront with Ngog.

And no...Voronin is not an option.