You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

sir roger

play the kids etc, it's a total distraction

Agreed.

Will give players valuable experience, we need all our 1st team players available to try and make top 4.

So very disappointing that we can come within 4 points of winning the league last season and yet its November and our priority now is to finish 4th.

A sad indictment of the stewardship the club I love is currently under.

Thanks DM.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Distraction to what exactly?

I'd be gutted if we ended up in it, as it would mean we were incapable of getting past three lesser sides in the Champions League, but I would expect us to take any trophy seriously.

Aye, Woo.

Some people easily forget we haven't won a fucking trophy for some years!

We are not there yet, there is still some hope (however small it is), but if we do end up in the Europa league, I would want to win it. Nothing else.

The Uefa Cup is a big part of our history. It's a chance of a trophy and we should go all out to win it. There's some cracking teams left in it and I'm looking forward to it.

Calling it a 'distraction' is just typical of the snobby elitist attitude of the johnny-come-lately types who follow big clubs. A distraction from what exactly? Struggling to win league games?

They finished bottom.

Cheers.

With regards to the thread, I'd be in two minds. I'd like to think that the lack of games would help keep the squad fresh, but Chelsea look pretty ominous and we've quite a bit of ground to make up. Quite frankly, at the moment I'd take seeing the first XI out there and putting together a run of form to put a fucking smile on everyone's face. A new striker in January would be nice as well.

Cheers.

With regards to the thread, I'd be in two minds. I'd like to think that the lack of games would help keep the squad fresh, but Chelsea look pretty ominous and we've quite a bit of ground to make up. Quite frankly, at the moment I'd take seeing the first XI out there and putting together a run of form to put a fucking smile on everyone's face. A new striker in January would be nice as well.

Chelsea will lose players in January see how they cope then

I disagree with that GC.

A lot of our present injuries don't seem long term & if we can scramble wins at home to Brum & City we would be about 6/7 points behind the leaders with this potential line up & loads of games to go.

Reina

Johnson , Carra , Agger , Aurelio

Masch Aquilani

Kuyt , Gerrard , Benny

Torres

I think your are being massively optimistic roger. The league's gone. We'll do well to get 4th IMO. Injuries are by no means the biggest problem with our team/squad.

And to those poo poong the Uefa cup (or whatever the fuck its called now), I couldn't give a shit if we were playing on a monday morning. Its a trophy there to be fucking won. I have very fond memories of that competition and if heave forbid we don't make it into the CL next season, as Thants has said winning the FA Cup and Uefa cup would go along was to cushion any blow and also so we are stilla club there to be reckoned with and not one of the way down.

It's a trophy I suppose but the fact that it would remind me of Houllier and i'd know we were only in it because we had failed in the CL would make me feel a bit sick.

I feel a lot sick now, mate.

However, it is a trophy.

The only tricky thing will be playing on Thursday night and again on Saturday. I bet the FA/Sky arranges a few games to be played Saturday afternoon at 12:45.

The Uefa Cup is a big part of our history. It's a chance of a trophy and we should go all out to win it. There's some cracking teams left in it and I'm looking forward to it.

Calling it a 'distraction' is just typical of the snobby elitist attitude of the johnny-come-lately types who follow big clubs. A distraction from what exactly? Struggling to win league games?

That says everything I wanted to say on the matter.

Jesus fucking Christ, we are actually back in the Europa league, I couldn't give a flying fuck if we got beat 10-0 in every game, for me that would be less embarrassing than winning it in fact there is no way I'll watch a second of us in that two bit competition.

nice bit of flawed logic there ;)

It's been devalued by it's own organisers, if UEFA didn't let losers into then I'd respect it a lot more. The thought of watching us play in it depresses me so much that I feel like just not bothering until next season. That I'll still go to the games despite how I feel and what I know depresses me even more.