You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

sir roger

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst I know we are not mathematically out of the Champions League , it is looking pretty grim despite a decent performance tonight.

I don't give a flying fuck whether it was a decent performance or not. We weren't good enough and now we've got to contend with Comedy Thursdays.

Whoever thinks a second-string Lyon side which has already qualified will somehow beat Fiorentina away from home is seriously deluded.

Rafa should not have played Voronin for 75 minutes. That gaping chance killed us and now look at our state of affairs.

With over half the group games completed, these teams are currently in Europa League-qualifying positions:

Bayern

CSKA Moskva

Marseille (who are only behind AC Milan and Real Madrid by a point, ie these two aren't both safe by a long way yet!)

Atlético

Liverpool

Barcelona (Didn't they win a couple of trophies recently?)

Stuttgart

Standard

Some of the teams mentioned above can be easily mentioned in the same breath as LFC in terms of history and current ability (yep, some of the current squad would not look at all out of place in other 'lower' teams around Europe).

Add to this that it could even mean the Reds taking on the shite in European competition, I would like to think no good Red would want losing that being rubbed in their face by the BS for all time.

As someone mentioned in a post re the Carling Cup, if we don't care about losing it, we shouldn't give a fuck if we were to win it. 4 years without a trophy is a long time.

I say if this is what is to happen and we do not qualify for the CL knockout stage, let's go and win the fucking thing and get some joy back into the place!

I wouldn't mind a trip to some remote European town to watch us play. We might be out of the Champions League, but this would be a nice chance to see us give the youngsters more time on the pitch

Benitez wouldn't play the youngsters though. If we ended up in this competition he'd try and win it playing the strongest team possible. The only time he'd play youngsters is in the league cup which we're already out of

Yeh, im mentally prepared for this already despite us not being mathematically out. I reckon it could be a decent enough diversion given that we've more or less fuck all else left to play for. It's something to win anyway and if we're in it i'll be hastily backtracking from my assertion that it's a Mickey Mouse trophy and be hoping that we win it.

Imagine if Barça got knocked out. Its a real possibility if they dont win against Inter Milan.

Yeah. But Barca will beat Inter. Because Inter are shit and are bottom of the group.

Plus, I concur with what Liverpool Lad said. You can't beat a good European away. So I'd love to go to some places where I've never been before.

But it'd still seem a million miles away from the likes of the Bernabeu etc from last season.

A trophy is a trophy. We should still go out to win it and I'd be pretty pissed off it Rafa takes this competition lightly.

I disagree with that GC.

A lot of our present injuries don't seem long term & if we can scramble wins at home to Brum & City we would be about 6/7 points behind the leaders with this potential line up & loads of games to go.

Reina

Johnson , Carra , Agger , Aurelio

Masch Aquilani

Kuyt , Gerrard , Benny

Torres

It frustrates me that the whole attitude around our club is we have no hope of winning the league. If united were in our position, you never count them out. Massive games in Birmingam and Man City.