You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Gigs I have been to recently thread

Thants

Just got LCD Soundsystem tickets for May. Woo!

Just coming on here to vent my anger. Woke up to buy tickets for the Dublin gig, started up my computer only for it to crash, couldn't get the heap of shit to start back up so 45mins later eventually it decides to start only for the gig to be sold out. Then found out 3 of my mates who i introduced them to the music of LCD got tickets. Unbelievably pissed off.

I'm deciding on which way to kill my computer.

Just coming on here to vent my anger. Woke up to buy tickets for the Dublin gig, started up my computer only for it to crash, couldn't get the heap of shit to start back up so 45mins later eventually it decides to start only for the gig to be sold out. Then found out 3 of my mates who i introduced them to the music of LCD got tickets. Unbelievably pissed off.

I'm deciding on which way to kill my computer.

They go on sale tomorrow morning at nine for the second date, you big spanner.

I was at a Musical Youth gig the other night.

Turned up though and it wasn't at all what I expected. Was this bunch of white thirtysomethings playing feedback-infested arty indie guitar music. Then, during the encore, on came that bloke who is married to Cary Grant.

Bloody odd... I was just looking to pass some dutchie on dee left hand side...

I was at a Musical Youth gig the other night.

Turned up though and it wasn't at all what I expected. Was this bunch of white thirtysomethings playing feedback-infested arty indie guitar music. Then, during the encore, on came that bloke who is married to Cary Grant.

Bloody odd... I was just looking to pass some dutchie on dee left hand side...

Havent stopped laughing- thats fucking great! I had a right mare on that one

• 2 weeks later...

Watched Miike Snow at Manchester Academy last night, was a fucking good gig, only £7.50 a ticket. Venue was good, sound was good, and they put on a good show. I think their music is far far better live than on the album. The stuff sounds more upbeat.

£3.30 for a can of Red Stripe. Damn pesky students get about a quid off that too. Oh for a student card.

Think may LFCfanbymistake or Stu the Mont may like these. Takes a few mins to get into the songs but they're really good in my opinion.

[YOUTUBE]UnD9CrsZeOE&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]niKT-kJfUz4&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]KAUxIOc0d0I[/YOUTUBE]

They're playing at Masque in Liverpool next week, just tried getting tickets but its sold out. Gutted.

Watched Miike Snow at Manchester Academy last night, was a fucking good gig, only £7.50 a ticket. Venue was good, sound was good, and they put on a good show. I think their music is far far better live than on the album. The stuff sounds more upbeat.

£3.30 for a can of Red Stripe. Damn pesky students get about a quid off that too. Oh for a student card.

Think may LFCfanbymistake or Stu the Mont may like these. Takes a few mins to get into the songs but they're really good in my opinion.

[YOUTUBE]UnD9CrsZeOE&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]niKT-kJfUz4&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]KAUxIOc0d0I[/YOUTUBE]

They're playing at Masque in Liverpool next week, just tried getting tickets but its sold out. Gutted.

I can dig a bit of that stuff, mate.

The last gig I went to was The Celadors at The Ruby Lounge in Manchester. A couple of tha lads in the band are good mates so I've seen them a few times. They used to be a two, then were a three, but have just added a drummer and it's kicked them up a level. They're still growing as a band but some of their stuff is very good. The keyboard player is one of the lads I know and he's a composer. That's his job. I remember when he told me when he first came down to football, I thought he was joking.

The Celadors - Brain Scan - AOL Video

I can dig a bit of that stuff, mate.

The last gig I went to was The Celadors at The Ruby Lounge in Manchester. A couple of tha lads in the band are good mates so I've seen them a few times. They used to be a two, then were a three, but have just added a drummer and it's kicked them up a level. They're still growing as a band but some of their stuff is very good. The keyboard player is one of the lads I know and he's a composer. That's his job. I remember when he told me when he first came down to football, I thought he was joking.

The Celadors - Brain Scan - AOL Video

The Courteeners are playing the Ruby Lounge on the 16th, is it a good venue?

The Specials at the Olympia

Fantastic set in a proper old fashioned frayed around the edges slightly sleazy concert hall. The band were on good from, Terry Hall was very unhappy about Uniteds gutless performance at Anfield, he dedicated "Do Nothing" to Michael Owen and renamed "it doesnt make it all right" to "Nick Griffin is a fat, racist, one-eyed, holoucaust denying cunt"

They blasted through all the old favourites, Rat Race, Ghost Town, Too much too young, message to you rudi, Gangsters etc. Man at C&A was a particular highlight and the only slight disappointment was they didnt play the skinhead moonstomp.

Loads of arl arses bouncing around for an hour and a half, walls driping by the end of the night. Loved it, best £35 I've spent in ages.

sadly under-used venue the olympia, miles more atmospheric than the aircraft hanger on the docks.

Great night that and i walked to and from our house It's so close, I was knackered by the end. How Lynval Golding kept going all night is anyones guess.

The Courteeners are playing the Ruby Lounge on the 16th, is it a good venue?

Unless they had another room somewhere that I didn't see (and I doubt that) then it's a proper cosy little venue. If you like a band and they are there then I'd go as it is small (or intimate as they'd probably advertise it). Denis Jones is there in April and I reckon I'm going to go.

They had Vier on tap and it was killing me to just have a couple on a school night.

Going to Vampire Weekend on Monday at the Manc Apollo and cannot wait. Missed them last time so very excited.

Then I've got Mumford & Sons in town in March - again cannot wait.

Oh, and my mates band Dapper Overture are doing there first gig tomorrow night in Heebies, so I'll be there.

• 1 year later...
Guest ShoePiss

Okkervill River supporting The Decemberists at the Edgefield.

Lovely outdoor grassy amphitheatre on the grounds of McMenamins Edgefield pub/hotel/cigar room/cool weird building place.

Oregon summer evenings are hard to beat.

Recently got back from Way Out West in Gothenburg.

Headliners were Prince (amazing show) and Kanye West (not so amazing, in fact utter shite)

Also saw Pulp, Noah & The Whale, Janelle Monae, The Hives, and Robyn who to my surprise was fantastic.

Apart from the expensive beer, it was a fantastic weekend in a fantastic location, and I hope to go back next year.

The only gig I have tickets for coming up is the Darkness which should be fun.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest ShoePiss

Cold War Kids last night, they're consistently brilliant live.

Next weekend Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros.