You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Lucas

scousechris

• 2 years later...
Guest ShoePiss

Got to love Lucas, he's fucking brilliant. All tucked up on the sofa, doesn't give a fuck.

Lucas update from the official :-

2eb7d7fcbc8211e180c9123138016265_7.jpg

Lucas Leiva has continued to work assiduously over the course of the summer as he maintains his rehabilitation programme.

The midfielder returned to Porto Alegre in his homeland of Brazil and was kindly allowed to use the facilities of former club Gremio.

He tweeted: "I would like to thank Gremio for allowing me to use their facilities. Special thanks to the physiotherapist."

While in Brazil, Lucas was joined by LFC head of fitness and conditioning Darren Burgess to oversee his training. The pair took in Gremio's 2-0 success over Corinthians.

Lucas Leiva

@LucasLeiva87

Session done with @darrenburgess25. Felling better everyday .

9 Jun 12

Retweet

Favorite

Lucas took a real interest in following the action from America's NBA while in Brazil - though he wasn't a fan of the cold nights back home, where temperatures dipped close to freezing.

087916eeb10811e188131231381b5c25_7.jpg

Guest ShoePiss

Hold on mate, that's just my uninformed opinion on Lucas.

Also, why would Suarez miss our opening game? The last game of the Olympics (assuming Uruguay actually get to the final) is the 11th August, our first game isn't until the 18th. He's had his holidays already so he doesn't need another break after the Olympics, it's a good preseason for him.

Watched Suarez last weekend in the Masters Vs Stars Charity game in Miami. Suarez scored a fine hat-trick but was absolutely fucked after 75 mins. Could barely run. Playing in the Olympics will get his fitness back and he will hit the ground running for the start of the season.

Guest ShoePiss
Won't Surez get two weeks after the Olympics? The same was said about him last season after the copa and he was on the bench second game, looked fucked mid through first game, despite scoring. Hard to say what'll happen there if Uruguay reach the final.

Why would he get two weeks off after the Olympics? It's not the same level of football as Copa or the Euros and he's had his summer break.

Guest ShoePiss
Didn't masch and Lucas get two weeks after the last olympics? I'm sure they missed the Sunderland game first day.

I can't remember what happened 4 days ago never mind 4 years but I'll say that in 2008 the Olympics were in China and it's down the street this time.

I looked it up and the pair of them didn't play until the 31st August that season, you might be spot on about that.

Edit: That year the Olympic competition ran until the 23rd of August and the league season started on the 16th. This year it ends on the 11th and the season starts on the 18th.

It's a bit different. Argentina won it and Brazil got to the semis and played for and won the Bronze

I can't remember what happened 4 days ago never mind 4 years but I'll say that in 2008 the Olympics were in China and it's down the street this time.

I looked it up and the pair of them didn't play until the 31st August that season, you might be spot on about that.

Edit: That year the Olympic competition ran until the 23rd of August and the league season started on the 16th. This year it ends on the 11th and the season starts on the 18th.

It's a bit different. Argentina won it and Brazil got to the semis and played for and won the Bronze

Flings crossed then.

Hard to forget that Sunderland game cause Rafa also left Alonso out of the starting line up despite missing those two, he came on and changed the game. 1 nil with Torres scoring from just outside the box.

Guest ShoePiss

So in short, no they didn't get two weeks off after the Olympics. It appears they didn't get any time off, maybe a day or two to recover from jet lag at most.

Flings crossed then.

Hard to forget that Sunderland game cause Rafa also left Alonso out of the starting line up despite missing those two, he came on and changed the game. 1 nil with Torres scoring from just outside the box.

and we started fucking Plessis!

It will be great to see the reception he will deservedly get when he makes his first appearance at Anfield this season. Hope the injury heals properly and doesn't become an ongoing thing. After some of the midfield horror shows from last season, a one legged Lucas will be like a new signing. Looking forward to having him back.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

99.9% likelihood that it's nonsense. Wouldn't be all that gutted if it were true. Could get a couple of very good, young midfielders for the money he'd fetch.

99.9% likelihood that it's nonsense. Wouldn't be all that gutted if it were true. Could get a couple of very good, young midfielders for the money he'd fetch.

Selling our better players and replacing them with younger one's has worked out really well in the past.

Could do. More likely we'd replace him with a worse player. Or two worse players, if you'd prefer.

Why anyone would want to sell one of the handful of really good players we've got is beyond me.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Selling our better players and replacing them with younger one's has worked out really well in the past.

So?