You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

cestrianred

56 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

This is the crux for me. They should be allowed to sell things but only to pay their non playing staff until the end of the season. Or get a loan to pay the staff a month or two's wages to bridge them until they can get other work. Hastily imposed sanctions very rarely hit the right people.

Apparently they can sell merchandise but only the stock they currently have. I assume this is because they’ve already paid for the stock. 

If, for example, they sold out of a shirt or scarf, they then couldn’t re-stock. 

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

Good point. Both in terms of prize money from this season and qualification money next season.

This is what sides earn in the CL. I assume they’ll have already received what the got in the group stages, but anything further surely can’t be paid to them?

EDF91FF7-7F24-4156-9D2F-8B5C45CF0D44.png

Add to this the lack of player sales, merchandise sales, ticket sales, losing sponsors and the fact they already make big financial losses each year, if this goes on into the summer, it could get very ugly, very quickly.

And I for one, would be delighted.

Ideally we need a Swiss Ramble thread on this to break it all down. 

The Athletic say they can receive prize money from FA, UEFA and whoever else, but they can’t do anything with it - it’s frozen.

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

Apparently they can sell merchandise but only the stock they currently have. I assume this is because they’ve already paid for the stock. 

If, for example, they sold out of a shirt or scarf, they then couldn’t re-stock. 

My understanding is that is your every day sports shop rather than Chelsea themselves, their website for example wouldn't allow you buy anything, what a sweet site to see. Fuck Chelsea, I look forward to cars being parked behind the goal in the near future.

SmartSelect_20220311-102748_Chrome.jpg

• Upvote 2

No idea but comments this morning seem to suggest they have enough liquidity to keep paying the bills for between 2 to 6 weeks? Ooops. RA would normally cover the shortfall over the final months of the season.

I assume their government Chelsea supporting toads won't allow this to happen?

25 minutes ago, clangers said:

No idea but comments this morning seem to suggest they have enough liquidity to keep paying the bills for between 2 to 6 weeks? Ooops. RA would normally cover the shortfall over the final months of the season.

I don't think Chelsea fans will be up for the Ra covering their costs for the rest of the season no. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Harry Squatter said:

Ten years ago. HopefulHopefully of them have been filed in since this video.

That bullying little skinny cunt who pushes him thinking he's mad. No chance he says a word let alone gets physical if his mates aren't all there. Go and steam into a hundred bayern fans if you think you're hard, not a lone barman whose livelihood you've just all smashed up. Horrible cunt 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

That bullying little skinny cunt who pushes him thinking he's mad. No chance he says a word let alone gets physical if his mates aren't all there. Go and steam into a hundred bayern fans if you think you're hard, not a lone barman whose livelihood you've just all smashed up. Horrible cunt 

Just thought the same, I imagine the barman would have kicked the living shit out of him one on one. Sneaky little cowardly punch!

38 minutes ago, clangers said:

Thats the danger, Bojo et al come to the rescue...

If they potentially fall into difficulties financially as a club (which seems inevitable now) would they not be subject to the similar punishment as e.g. Derby county...(breaches of profitability & sustainability) - meet the same fate with fines but more importantly points reduction! 

1 hour ago, Mudface said:

Tough shit for them. Those cunts were singing Abramovich's name during the united front for Ukraine at games recently never mind the years of Hillsbrough and Heysel jibes. What about the kids being bombed to death by Putin's forces?

Just seen a comment on one of the sports pages. All the journos going to town on Abramovich and his filthy money. They've all known about Abramovich and his money since he bought the club. Yet every sunday, these cunts were praising him and his club to high heaven on Sunday Supplement.

It's taken a bloody war with god knows how many innocent people being blown up and displaced from their homes to make the likes of samuel, burt, winter, ladyman et all finally decide to show Abramovich for what he was? Fucking hypercrites.

22 minutes ago, Nolongerathletic said:

Just thought the same, I imagine the barman would have kicked the living shit out of him one on one. Sneaky little cowardly punch!

I just cant understand that there are so many people in one place that look like they were born wankers.

Just look at the scenario- innocent place smashed up, then surrounded for a sing song and beer throwing session.

I almost wanted to see a lead up to it where the owner and rival fans goaded them into it just for some much needed context but I have my doubts.       

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Dave D said:

I just cant understand that there are so many people in one place that look like they were born wankers.

Just look at the scenario- innocent place smashed up, then surrounded for a sing song and beer throwing session.

I almost wanted to see a lead up to it where the owner and rival fans goaded them into it just for some much needed context but I have my doubts.       

I think the context is summed up in your first sentence. Unreal that someone, maybe even a little older (that can hold their beer) wouldn't think that that something awry here. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, clangers said:

I wonder if they are allowed to use overdraft/revolving credit type solutions already in place? 

51 minutes ago, Nolongerathletic said:

Thats the danger, Bojo et al come to the rescue...

If they potentially fall into difficulties financially as a club (which seems inevitable now) would they not be subject to the similar punishment as e.g. Derby county...(breaches of profitability & sustainability) - meet the same fate with fines but more importantly points reduction! 

The government made it clear their priority is to protect the club and fans. There's absolutely no way they will be allowed to go into administration. They'll limp through till the end of may and then be sold. It'll be like it's never happened except they mightn't get an owner who'll bankroll them and they'll have to live with normal credit limits going forward. 

48 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

It's taken a bloody war with god knows how many innocent people being blown up and displaced from their homes to make the likes of samuel, burt, winter, ladyman et all finally decide to show Abramovich for what he was? Fucking hypercrites.

Let's hope those twats get what's coming to them over social media as well.

2 hours ago, Harry Squatter said:

Ten years ago. HopefulHopefully of them have been filed in since this video.

Jesus I never saw that video before that's absolutely shocking. What a bunch of low life scum I hope they sink back to being the nothing club they were for most of their “history"

• Upvote 1