You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 946
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gone back to an old Atleti save on FM09 whilst on nights.

Just been knocked out of the Champions League by Chelsea, 25-24 on penalties.

Finished 2-2 at their place and at mine, so it was decided by the longest penalty shootout I've had the pleasure of enduring. Miguel Veloso missed our last penalty, whilst Captain Mongo slotted the winner for them.

I'll try and get a screenie up in the next couple of days.

Try my suggestion on the last page and sign Yaya Sanogo when you start a game. You can get him for free and he becomes a world class striker. I think I love him now. I started a new season on an updated patch and signed him as backup to Torres. He has 8 goals in 5 games so far.

That on FM10? Can't find him on my FM09 Atleti game.

Yep.

Speaking of college, I am off to catch the bus there now. I wish I had my own personal laptop there as I would be playing FM all day at college. Ah well.

Enjoy. I'm just about to finish my second 12 hour night shift, so I'll be off home to sleep in about 7 minutes!!

Hahaha, that's weird that, mate.

Anyway, his blog inspired me to get one last big game going before FM11 comes out. So I've gone my beloved Shrewsbury, in the hope that I'll conquer the Premiership in the next two months!

What really pissed me off is that Shrewsbury have two season-long loan signings in David Button (a keeper from Spurs) and Joe Skarz (a left back from Huddersfield). Button is fucking shit, so I cancelled his loan straight away, but then realised that I'm limited to four season long loans in England, which has fucked me up big time, as you normally get four quality players for your starting line up on loan for the season. The other lad is shit, so he'll have to be my second choice left back.

Anyway, out have gone Terry Disley (£10k), Graham Coughlan (£10k) and Dave Hibbert (£20k). None were going to start, and they were on nearly £5k p/w between them. Want to get rid of about 5 more players, but they've all recently joined, so will have to wait until January.

Not actually spent any money so far, as I've been bringing in free transfers, but signed Lucien Mettomo (the experienced Cameroon international centre back) who's only on £750 p/w, Abel Thermeus (a 26 year old Hatian forward, big and strong to give me a physical presence) who's on £400 p/w, Cesar La Paglia (a brilliant attacking midfielder who has 12 Argentina youth caps) who's on £2k p/w and Mourad Mghizrat (a versatile, 34 year old Moraccan who can play anywhere in midfield).

Loans wise, brought in Rhys Murphy (the tall, prolific striker) from Arsenal for the season on loan and got Danny Ayala on a three month loan as cover at the back. The other loan player has to be a full back, as both of mine are shit or a good keeper. Realised that I can sign plenty of loans from abroad (but only 5 can be in the match squad), so scouring everywhere to find some gems.

Just played my first league game, a comprehensive 3-1 win over Burton Albion at home. Rhys Murphy got a brace on his debut and Kevin Langmead scored a header from a corner. Burton scored a brilliant free kick with 10 to go, which spoiled it somewhat.

Games like this is what I love most about FM. Spending hours trawling through the free transfers hoping to find a few gems.

Just an update to this. I won the league convincingly (think I finished with about 105 points). The best part about it was that I didn't spend a single penny in the transfer market, and ended up making a net profit of around £100k. Rhys Murphy finished with around 35 goals for the season, he was superb.

I'm at the last day of the transfer window of season two, so will update it later tonight.

Anyone had a blast of the September update I've lashed up in that post above. Started it meself, pretty detailed and that, all new signings at Liverpool and all other clubs.

Keep yer ticking over till the new one hits the shelves.

I've tried to download it but keep getting the following error message;

'Slow Down! You are trying to download files too quickly. You must wait 147 seconds before you may download another file.'

When I try again (say after 147 seconds) I get the same message but with 360 seconds.

I've now given up!

I've tried to download it but keep getting the following error message;

'Slow Down! You are trying to download files too quickly. You must wait 147 seconds before you may download another file.'

When I try again (say after 147 seconds) I get the same message but with 360 seconds.

I've now given up!

I got that mate, kept on refreshing it till it went right the way down from 147 was clicking refresh every 4 or 5 seconds and when it went to zero it started downloading.

• 1 year later...

Borrowing a laptop off a mate and wanted to install this. He's got vista, and having googled some stuff that seems to be why its being a massive cunt. Anyone got any ideas what I need to do to make it install and actually work?

I get this message -

"Football Manager 2010 is being configured for your system"

Then this one -

"Installation has finished but some errors occurred, please see the installation log"

I'm using the disk installation, not steam.

Borrowing a laptop off a mate and wanted to install this. He's got vista, and having googled some stuff that seems to be why its being a massive cunt. Anyone got any ideas what I need to do to make it install and actually work?

I get this message -

"Football Manager 2010 is being configured for your system"

Then this one -

"Installation has finished but some errors occurred, please see the installation log"

I'm using the disk installation, not steam.

Maybe running it as administrator could work.

Cool beans.

For future reference, right click on the icon and it has 'Run as administrator' in the menu. Simply click that.

Sound. Turns out the problem was just trying to find the fm.exe file as one of the errors installing it on vista was hiding half the files.

Ready to dominate world football with Sunderland now.

No, I've no idea why I picked them either.

• 4 years later...

Just started this version again

Lewandowski,Schneiderlin,Thiago all signed

Tenner?

I've just started an AC Milan file on FM 2012. Half the squad is over 35 years old, on 100k p/w or more, and out of contract in 12 months.

Luckily for them I've just signed Markovic, Kovacic, Willian, and Verratti for about £12m.