Quantcast
Summer '09 Transfer Speculation Thread - Page 20 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Gray - YPC

Summer '09 Transfer Speculation Thread

He's the one I wanted. I think he would be absolutely perfect but I did not think Rafa would go for him. This news is very encouraging and if we did manage to land him, our team will improve massively.

He was in Turin yesterday, so if some of the big Italian clubs are after him we got no chance because we cant compete money wise.

I know he was singing the praises of juve after it was revealed that they were interested. I'm not convinced he'd be able to handle the premiership, but i hope we get the chance to find out.

I just want us to go for someone that can beat a man regularly and to me that's not silva. He's got a good shot on him though and very good first touch and eye for a threaded pass. But his crossing doesn't seem that great. He'd be a good backup to gerrard though as he can play behind the main striker.

Isn't it???? I've seen him beat his man many a time, that's one of his strengths quick feet and pace.

I think he will end up going for about £15m due to Valencia's current predicament and that would be a bargain considering the prices some people have been going for in recent years.

Anywhere from 15 to 18 million would represent good value imo. He is the right class of player and we do have the money to compete for his signature. Reported 30m, money from keane deal and further player sales suggest we have.

I wasn't overly impressed with him last summer.

Some excellent touches at times but I was left a bit disappointed by him.

Maybe my expectations were a bit high, I was expecting a Spanish Ronaldo / Messi

Very 'in' and 'out' of games IMO.

I wasn't overly impressed with him last summer.

Some excellent touches at times but I was left a bit disappointed by him.

Maybe my expectations were a bit high, I was expecting a Spanish Ronaldo / Messi

Very 'in' and 'out' of games IMO.

That is very down to his age, IMO... when he reaches his mid/late twenties his consistancy should be there.

To be honest before the Euro's I'd have said the same, but he was outstanding. Also Robinho has convinced me he'll have an impact. Whatever faults Robinho has my biggest fear for him was not being able to handle the physical side of it. They were completely unfounded and gives me hope that with Silva if he has a better attitude would flourish.

Lets hope we can afford him.

I was basing my opinion on the Euro's mainly

Didn't think he was all that.

Personally i have,nt seen enough from him to suggest he will be the player that supporters are craving for. A guy to beat a couple of players, thread a pass through or get to the byline

Having seen him mainly at the Euro,s he just looks more like a link player than anything else. I rarely if ever saw him go by a defender. I can see why Rafa would go for him, he,s sneaky and plays little deft through balls and his technically very good.

He was a good supportiing player. Would,nt be my type of forward.

Of all the top clubs he could go too, i think Rafa would the best coach to get the best out of him. He would have a clear game plan for him and i think he could do well!

Personally i have,nt seen enough from him to suggest he will be the player that supporters are craving for. A guy to beat a couple of players, thread a pass through or get to the byline

Having seen him mainly at the Euro,s he just looks more like a link player than anything else. I rarely if ever saw him go by a defender. I can see why Rafa would go for him, he,s sneaky and plays little deft through balls and his technically very good.

He was a good supportiing player. Would,nt be my type of forward.

Of all the top clubs he could go too, i think Rafa would the best coach to get the best out of him. He would have a clear game plan for him and i think he could do well!

He can do all that and more. His crossing is excellent.

i've never really seen what the hype is about.

From what i've seen, if he was english i dont think he's be rated any higher than downing in that position.

I barely watch la liga though, so maybe i am missing it, but from what i've seen i wouldnt be expecting too much and that fee is too high.

If he says he'll only come here then it'll happen.

He'll speak to all the boys and think about playing with Pepe, Xabi, The Kid as well as El Jefe, Stevie, JC and he'll probably think I fancy some of that.

I'm sure Ballague will be along shortly...

He was in Turin yesterday, so if some of the big Italian clubs are after him we got no chance because we cant compete money wise.

I doubt he was in Turin yesterday as he is currently with the national team in Madrid preparing for the Turkey game on Saturday.

For what it's worth after the friendly against England Morientes was in the Spanish TV studio and the presenter asked him who out of the Spain squad was the most talented. His answer was Silva!

Well as Riera has done on the left, I think Silva would be a definite improvement. He may be small but he's no pushover. Actually he can be a bit nasty if the mood takes him.

Isn't it???? I've seen him beat his man many a time, that's one of his strengths quick feet and pace.
I know he has pace and quick feet but i i haven't seen him beat a man that often...but i hope you're right and i'm wrong on that one.