You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

(1) Chris. The protestors didn't just "start smashing things up". And to start on with blaming them is quite absurd. Where does that stop? Can you also blame the government for having the G20 in London? What about the G20 itself? Capitalism?

(2) From the video evidence I've seen, Ian Tomlinson does appear to be taking the piss to some degree.

(3) Yes he was totally taken by surprise. Of course he knew the police were right behind him, but the push came out of nowhere. It was most certainly wrong, most certainly a total shock to the man and definitely unnecessary. There were innumerable ways the police could have moved him without that push.

(4) I think you are trying to justify it.

And that's where I think the police get it wrong. There was no justification for pushing Tomlinson like that. It was almost bound to make him fall over and yet they close ranks and protect one another, right or wrong.

I can't imagine being in the police. In so many ways they can't win. Seperating drunken fights in some provincial town in the early hours of a Sunday morning is one thing; racing 90mph down a local road to catch a car tax dodger and killing a teenager who steps into the road is another. Although the circumstances and intent are different in the de Menezes case, once again the police close ranks, Ian Blair subsequently being forced out for his part in that. In so many ways the police fuck things up.

More than anything else though, the very idea of being an agent of the government against ordinary citizens' protests is anathema to me.

I want to reference the piece above in bold. Is there an allegation of a cover up? Have the police made a statement about it? Do we know if they are investigating it or if anybody is? People should realise that due process must be allowed before justice is served.

Good thread this.

Whilst i don't agree with Rondeco and Chris i appreciate them putting forward the police's viewpoint.

It's a shitty job to do, i'm sure, but often they don't often help themselves with their behaviour when something shitty happens

ps Was funny seening Hermes getting owned

Yeah, but they're annoying when you're trying to have sex with your own kids in the comfor of your own home.

Fucking intefering busy body cunts.

Well, yes...but that's not their fault.

BTW...repped for being Austrian.

I want to reference the piece above in bold. Is there an allegation of a cover up? Have the police made a statement about it? Do we know if they are investigating it or if anybody is? People should realise that due process must be allowed before justice is served.

Did they not issue a statement claiming they had no contact with him before he died? Did the officers not see with their own eyes one of their own assault the man and not report it?

Ranks closed.

Did they not issue a statement claiming they had no contact with him before he died? Did the officers not see with their own eyes one of their own assault the man and not report it?

Ranks closed.

These were genuine questions, Stu. I didn't know they had issued a statement. Can you say for certain that one of them did not report it?

Ranks closed.

And that's the thing when police claim it is just a few bad apples. The problem lies in the so called good police closing ranks and protecting those who have committed an offense.

As was recently shown in Liverpool, those who cover up the actions of criminals are themselves criminals and should be treated likewise. It is no difference with the police. Those police who close rank and protect other officers out of some misplaced sense of loyalty and no better than any offending officer.

Stuff

A breach of the peace did occur. A man walking away was coward-twatted by some fucking retard in a uniform.

A fucking retard.

A fucking retard.

A fucking retard.

Jesus, has no one learned from the milgram experiemnt.

Nothing was reported on this until the guardian released the pictures. They have a tough job to do, but there is no mitigation for this. None. Nada. And shit like this happens all the time. As soon as you get any sort of gang together they start getting cocky. This guy thought he was acting with impunity. It turns out that he will probably get some punishment but much more now that the stories can not be corroborated/hidden/buried.

This is the official statement from the police after Ian Tomlinson died. Nothing else has been added since:

"Today it emerged that police had come under a barrage of missiles as they tried to save the life of a man who collapsed during a protest near the Bank of England last night. The officers were hit by bottles thrown from the crowd and were forced to carry the man to a safe location to give him mouth-to-mouth resuscitation. An ambulance crew then took the man to hospital, where he died".

Apart from the lie about them being hit with bottles from the crowd (one bottle smashed above them) which was only disproved by video and not the police themselves, there is no mention of how he came to be in that state.

Edit: It was other protestors who initially gave him first aid, a third year medical student, and called for the emergency services. It was then that the police took over to see out his last few minutes. Bet he would have been chuffed by that.

In the name of impartiality - some of those protesters are cunts as well.

As are the people they were protesting against. Its an old story but on the last demos, all the cunts in the banks were photocopying 50's and chucking them out of the windows. When that didnt work, they pissed out of the windows. This is traders we are talking about here. That got a rise, the dickheads stormed the building and the traders got their wishes. I fucking big kick off on the escalators.

People are cunts. On all sides.

What should be done is self policing. We should give the opportunity for the retards in blue to be needed. Ideal world shit, yeah. But fucking true.

Id deffo pull up any dickhead I saw pissing out of a window. Id punch any animal rights cunt digging up bodies...and Id like to discuss police brutality amiably with a copper. However, doing that is an improbablity due to their inability to listen.

Where's that Doomsday Button? Let me at it. How do I join the North Korean Rocket Forces?

I'd join the fucking Taliban if they didn't remind me of a bunch of bearded hippies. Top of the Doomsday list, that lot.

Not a good day for the police is it?

Pc guilty of girl's crash death

A police officer has been found guilty of causing the death of a 16-year-old schoolgirl by dangerous driving.

Pc John Dougal, 41, had accelerated to 94mph (151km/h) in a 30mph zone before he hit Hayley Adamson in Newcastle in May, the city's crown court heard.

What I think these two cases show us is that police officers, while they are to be generally commended for the job they do upholding the law, all too often think that that law doesn't apply to them. 94 in a 30 zone? Twatting an unarmed guy in the back with a truncheon? These are not reasonable actions, no matter who you are.

Cowards who done that. I hope it lives with him for the rest if his life. Shows the general stupidity of most of the polcie force these days.

I don't think it does at all. I think it shows the element of stupidity that will be present with some of the police and the lack of accountability.

I would be interested to see the figures for the police complaints proceedures though, and how many officers report illegal behaviour from other officers.

I don't think it does at all. I think it shows the element of stupidity that will be present with some of the police and the lack of accountability.

I would be interested to see the figures for the police complaints proceedures though, and how many officers report illegal behaviour from other officers.

It is stupidity. Why push someone flat on their face when they are doing fuck. It may sound stupid me calling it stupid. They know they cannot hit them back. Power mad arseholes. Cowards.

It is stupidity. Why push someone flat on their face when they are doing fuck. It may sound stupid me calling it stupid. They know they cannot hit them back. Power mad arseholes. Cowards.

I was disagreeing with the use of "most" of the force being stupid. I think it's a bit of a sweeping comment that probably isn't true.

there is no connection between twating a middle aged fella with a trucheon and shoviing him to the ground and him having a heart attack 5 mins later. Than NOT twatting him and him having a heart attack.

the filth have already made two public statements that at no time did any police make contact with the fella.

from the video there's about 6 other copper witnesses, who by rights are lying. Now if that were you or I we would be getting done under purgery.

they should all get done and also the copper who told em all to shut the fuck up.

I was disagreeing with the use of "most" of the force being stupid. I think it's a bit of a sweeping comment that probably isn't true.

Fair Enough Monty. Tarring them all with the same brush was probobly wrong as there is probobly more good than bad coppers out there.

They might get their scapegoat but there will be no chance of a full enquiry into the illegal actions of the police that day, as the actions have been legalised, as much as they will tell us how free we are we have also now lost the right to protest. Full stop. Probably didn't deserve it anyway as not enough are bothered about stuff like that, more important to go shopping and buy things, we are consumers after all not humans and certainly not as valuable as precious property. Even an urban wuss capitalist with ambition string around his neck and a hands-free walrus tusk would agree that the people do not get value for money when it comes to the police and law service in general. Taxes originated to pay for wars and still do combine harvested with the fact that theres always a police clamp-arms-hoe-down when the money gets tight.